Could Rampage Loose To.......

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Could Rampage Loose To.......
mrliquid
3/29/08 11:13:32PM
Houston Alexander I know its a crazy thought the guy hasnt had many fights and is new to the UFC but think about it Rampage doesnt like going to the ground and he isn't known as a submissions guy ive heard him say many times he thinks the ground game is boring if Houston could keep the fight standing I think he might be to powerful and aggressive for Rampage he rushes his opponents taking shots and just overwhelms them with powerful punches how do you guys think this fight would end if Alexander could keep it standing would he be able to rush Quinton and over power him or would Rampage be able to avoid his aggressive style and counter or wrestle him to the ground and pound him out?
puppetmaster837
3/29/08 11:17:20PM
Absolutely not. Rampage is too skilled of a fighter, he would let Houston wear himself out for the first 30 seconds and then just destroy him. And Rampage could eat some of those punches, it took about 30 of Wanderlei's knees to knock him out, the guy has a hell of a chin.
Twenty20Dollars
3/29/08 11:20:23PM
i would just like to see this fight because those two like to bring a scrap, hit each other and they keep coming stronger. war!!!
juanez13
3/29/08 11:22:53PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Absolutely not. Rampage is too skilled of a fighter, he would let Houston wear himself out for the first 30 seconds and then just destroy him. And Rampage could eat some of those punches, it took about 30 of Wanderlei's knees to knock him out, the guy has a hell of a chin.

yea not to mention houston has actually very poor striking, the only thing he is good at is agreesion in the clinch, and also he seems to have a glass jaw, even if this fight stays on it feet, and houston rushes him he still get KO'd, difference between wanderlei and houston is that wanderlei actually has good hands, and mixes knees with his strikes, houston wont outstrike rampage, and no doubt rampage could take this fight to the ground easily IMO, he outwrestled dan henderson, and it will only take a couple strikes to put houston out.
Mchubb316
3/29/08 11:23:47PM
I doubt it. Rampage is too good of a striker. Houston lost his only fight with a top level fighter. Rampager KO!
mrkennedy
3/29/08 11:30:10PM
i dont think so
mrliquid
3/29/08 11:43:31PM
I just think it would be a good fight because like Wandy Houston is aggressive and brings the fight to his opponent and Rampage seems to do worse against people like Silva i think a major factor in the Chuck fight was that Lidell is known as a counter puncher he didnt pressure Rampage at all so if Forrest looses to Rampage who else is there that will get in Quinton's face and throw with him.
Kpro
3/29/08 11:46:03PM
Only way they'll fight is if Rampage loses the title.

Pretty hard to imagine Alexander stringing enough wins together to get a title shot in that division.
bls1919
3/30/08 12:06:51AM
i think it would be a one sided afair with page putting the hurt on houston. Although it would be interesting to watch.
jgtribbett
3/30/08 12:30:17AM
I've thought about the same thing.. seriously....untile i saw houston go to the ground. My guess is jacksonwould laugh at histakedowndefense and gnp the shit out of him. I think taht if they stayed standing... it'd be ******* close and jackson would have a chance of getting hurt. But the likely hood ofany ofthis happened is slim to none. By the timeHouston can hang with everyone else ont he ground.. jackson will have retired... hahaha

I personally wanna see stann vs houston