Rampage vs Jardine WHAT!?!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage vs Jardine WHAT!?!?!
Next Page »
RhythmAndStyle
1/19/09 12:56:41PM
ok so durnin UFC 93..they said that Rampage will be matched against Jardine..since the due dated for the Evans vs Rampage is set for July..to me this is a scarey match for Rampage..since Jardine has some major power in his leg kicks..and we all saw what happened to Rampage when he got caught with a couple of thoses from Griffin..to eat a couple of thoses from Jardine could mean fight ender..i see this match goin to a decision with Jardine winnin or a 1st or 2nd round tko win for Rampage..hopin that Rampage will find an answer for those leg kicks..
Aether
1/19/09 1:06:52PM
I think Rampage will walk through Jardine's wide open loopy standup and probably end the fight within the first few minutes. I don't think Jardine has the chin or the reach to do what Forrest did and I don't think Rampage will make the same mistakes again. He's obviously a fighter who learns from his mistakes and constantly improves, I don't think he's going to let Jardine leg kick his way to a decision.

I don't even think he lost to Forrest to be honest. I think this fight makes no sense.
wiggum
1/19/09 1:22:13PM
rampage, late first early 2nd rd ko......as long as rampage keeps his head together like he has been doing
greedfrog
1/19/09 2:26:40PM
this is a horrible fight. because if rampage loses then his title shot goes down the drain and why would the give a title shot to jardine. i see jardine winning by tko in the 3rd unless rampage figures out how to stop from getting punished by those kicks
greedfrog
1/19/09 2:28:38PM
if you dont think rampage lost to forrest then you were not watching the fight. rampage was getting mowed down by those kicks.
Franklinfan47
1/19/09 2:38:46PM
I personally think Rampage will KO Jardine within the first round and then move on uninjured to face Evans soon after.
casey64
1/19/09 2:47:38PM

Posted by greedfrog

this is a horrible fight. because if rampage loses then his title shot goes down the drain and why would the give a title shot to jardine. i see jardine winning by tko in the 3rd unless rampage figures out how to stop from getting punished by those kicks

Dude Jardine is not gonna knockout Ramapge.
Aether
1/19/09 3:45:19PM

Posted by greedfrog

if you dont think rampage lost to forrest then you were not watching the fight. rampage was getting mowed down by those kicks.

He was, in 2 out of 5 rounds.
Gipper
1/19/09 4:45:58PM
rampage doesn't deserve a titleshot after 1 win. there hasn't been to many if any ex-champs get to have a titleshot after 1 win, not liddell, not franklin, not sherk, even gsp had to fight twice before getting his rematch with serra so why the hell should rampage get a shot. if he can get past jardine then hell ya give him the titleshot.
like i said before..... jardine has proven he can beat any fighter on any given night. i look for jardine to punish jackson for 3 rounds with leg kicks and some wild punches. if keith can stay away from rampages bombs for hooks then i see jardine winning by split decision.
i'm sure you same guys were saying liddell, griffin and vera were going to walk through jardine also.
i think i'm actually going to put down some cash on the dean of mean it will be nice cheering for him for the second fight in a row.
CwB
1/19/09 4:52:27PM
i thought jardine was fighting luis cane which makes alot more sense then jardine rampage
nickcuc547
1/19/09 5:06:42PM

Posted by Gipper

rampage doesn't deserve a titleshot after 1 win. there hasn't been to many if any ex-champs get to have a titleshot after 1 win, not liddell, not franklin, not sherk, even gsp had to fight twice before getting his rematch with serra so why the hell should rampage get a shot. if he can get past jardine then hell ya give him the titleshot.
like i said before..... jardine has proven he can beat any fighter on any given night. i look for jardine to punish jackson for 3 rounds with leg kicks and some wild punches. if keith can stay away from rampages bombs for hooks then i see jardine winning by split decision.
i'm sure you same guys were saying liddell, griffin and vera were going to walk through jardine also.
i think i'm actually going to put down some cash on the dean of mean it will be nice cheering for him for the second fight in a row. [/QUOTE/]

after the way he lost, which was pretty controversial and a fight that could have gone either way, there is no way he shouldn't have gotten an immediate title shot, all of the above fighters you mentioned got dominated in their first fight, rampage won in the eyes of many.
gsquat
1/19/09 5:16:13PM
I see it as a 50/50 between Jardine UD-ing Rampage, or Rampage KO-ing Jardine early. Honestly if Jardine can avoid being KO'd early, odds are his to win the fight. The only real question is, will Rampage be aggressive enough. Thats obviously all you have to do to beat Jardine.
RhythmAndStyle
1/19/09 5:47:27PM

Posted by Gipper

i think i'm actually going to put down some cash on the dean of mean it will be nice cheering for him for the second fight in a row.

thats what i'm sayin..ALOT of people thought that Liddell was gonna KILL Jardine,and Griffin Destroyin him..but what happened..Jardine dropped Liddell and took that match with no question ask..and what happened to Griffin..dude was cryin at the end of the fight..hahahahhaha..trust me i'm a huge fan of Rampage..alot of ya'll are quick to say KO..but you're quick to forget that Jardine is no joke..he may look funny when he fights..but he gets the job done at times..i do hope Rampage right hooks him and tko Jardine..but the fact is Jardine is a game opponents...
nickcuc547
1/19/09 5:52:20PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by Gipper

thats what i'm sayin..ALOT of people thought that Liddell was gonna KILL Jardine,and Griffin Destroyin him..but what happened..Jardine dropped Liddell and took that match with no question ask..and what happened to Griffin..dude was cryin at the end of the fight..hahahahhaha..trust me i'm a huge fan of Rampage..alot of ya'll are quick to say KO..but you're quick to forget that Jardine is no joke..he may look funny when he fights..but he gets the job done at times..i do hope Rampage right hooks him and tko Jardine..but the fact is Jardine is a game opponents...

good points, jardine gets no respect around here, he can beat anybody at 205 on any given night.
postman
1/19/09 6:13:03PM
How weak is that card. It might have to do with the past 2 they had at nationwide I guess. I am competeing at the Arnolds and couldn't decide if i should go to the fight but the card proved to just not have it for me.
PABLOMAFIOSO
1/19/09 6:32:12PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I personally think Rampage will KO Jardine within the first round and then move on uninjured to face Evans soon after.

Rampage can dispose of Jardine just as quick as Wandy!
mrsmiley
1/19/09 6:51:22PM
This is really an unexpected fight.
Rampage has really developed an amazing stand up game,but Jardine seems to have become an X factor in the LHW picture,so this will probably be one to remember.
Lots of violence I will say.
prozacnation1978
1/19/09 7:43:09PM
this ain't no 5 round barn burner baby
he will be okay and jardine is no forrest
jardine is a striker this will stay standing till some one's head hits the mats
warglory
1/19/09 7:44:39PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Posted by Franklinfan47

Rampage can dispose of Jardine just as quick as Wandy!

Or, also like Wandy, Jardine could make Rampage his bitch, Jardine is fully capable of KOing Rampage.
Drudinh
1/20/09 1:37:14AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Agreed
Pookie
1/20/09 2:38:46AM
What could Jardine realistically throw that could knock out rampage?
Rampage's chin is one of the best in the sport, and his boxing Stand-up defense is second to none. If Jardine throws even 15 punches in that first round hes going to get caught with something hard and it will show.

His kicks will hurt as long as he can last in there though
RhythmAndStyle
1/20/09 2:23:44PM
i'm sure Greg Jackson is puttin some kind of game plan together for Jardine for this fight..and one thing i learned is that Greg Jackson always has a good game plan for the opponent...
coldchillin
1/20/09 2:30:47PM
rumor has it that Rashad was offered the fight and said he would need more time to train for Rampage and Jardine said he would take the fight.

Jardine is going to get slammed all over the cage... i just hope Rampage comes in motivated because this fight is a step back for him.
cmill21
1/20/09 3:39:35PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i'm sure Greg Jackson is puttin some kind of game plan together for Jardine for this fight..and one thing i learned is that Greg Jackson always has a good game plan for the opponent...

Except against Wand.
mkiv9secsupra
1/20/09 3:52:25PM
We haven't seen a rampage slam in a while... I hope rampage rocks jardine then goes in for the big slam, then finishes up with some brutal GnP for the stoppage.

State_Champ
1/20/09 3:54:34PM

Posted by greedfrog

i think rampage should've won
higdon10
1/20/09 4:23:36PM

Posted by Pookie

Rampage's chin is one of the best in the sport, and his boxing Stand-up defense is second to none. If Jardine throws even 15 punches in that first round hes going to get caught with something hard and it will show.

Jardine can knock Rampage out.
But will he knock Rampage out? No way.
CwB
1/20/09 4:49:38PM
so many replies saying jardine doesnt get the respect he deserves and that people are forgetting that he beat liddell, and forrest, etc.

but is everyone forgetting about his loss to houston, loss to wandy, and his last fight against vera he looked far from impressive.

if you want to compare past performances between rampage and jardine

Rampage vs
Eastman. W
liddell. W
henderson. W
Griffin. L closest slit decision of the year
wandy. W

rampage goes 4 and 1 against 4 top ten fighters and 1 B level fighter

Jardine vs
Vera W split dec
Wandy L
Chuck W split dec
Houston L
Forrest W

Jardine goes 3 and 2 losing both fights by knockout in first round winning 2 split dec and winning 1 by ko first round

I think jardine can hang with anyone in the 205 division but i also think that he will more then likely lose to any of the top 5 205 pounders

If this fight happens i will pick rampage by ko 1st or 2nd round

P.S.

What happens if jardine does win, i might be wrong but hasnt he said that he will not fight against his training partner evans
Gipper
1/22/09 12:14:27PM

Posted by nickcuc547

after the way he lost, which was pretty controversial and a fight that could have gone either way, there is no way he shouldn't have gotten an immediate title shot, all of the above fighters you mentioned got dominated in their first fight, rampage won in the eyes of many.

are you crazy immediate titleshot? come on dude.....it will never happen.
i was just pointing out some of the best fighters ever who needed to win more then one fight to get another titleshot. there has been lots of champions in ufc and pride who have not gotten an immediate titleshot rematch after losing their belts in close fights.
to name one look at me avatar.
gsquat
1/22/09 3:30:37PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Pookie

Jardine can knock Rampage out.
But will he knock Rampage out? No way.

Well said. Jardine could land something. But he's too... floppy. Look at his hands. He doesn't throw things with power or any sort of solidarity. Maybe a catching Rampage with a kick while he's ducking. Like Herring/Nog. I still think its a 50/50 between Jardine UD and Rampage KO.
Pages: [1] 2