'Rampage' Jackson says Joe Silva needs to be shot in the face for matching him up with wrestlers who hump

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 'Rampage' Jackson says Joe Silva needs to be shot in the face for matching him up with wrestlers who hump
Budgellism
3/12/12 11:46:09PM
"I've been upset with the UFC and the opponents they've been giving me. I think Joe Silva needs to be shot in the face. I'm sorry, but if you got a fighter like me who likes to go out and put on fights, why you giving me wrestlers who are gonna take me down and hump me? I'm sorry. But I'm a little tired of the UFC and their texts. After my fight with Jon Jones, they told my manager that I was losing my appeal, that rappers and stuff don't come out to watch me fight no more, that the fans don't really like me no more. And it was gettin' close to the time for me to renegotiate, and PRIDE did the same thing to me. For me, the respect is worth more than the money. I'll go fight for some other show for free. I'll prove to the fans that I'm not all about money. I'll go fight for some other show for five dollars. I think the UFC should have said 'thank you' to 'Rampage' and all that. I was my first time ever not making weight. You could tell something was wrong. In my whole career, I've always been respectful to everybody. I make weight. Why do I wanna give my opponent 20 percent of my purse? I wish I didn't have to fight. I wish I didn't have no more fights with them (UFC). I'm trying to get out of this one fight."

"When you get a fighter like me, that you can promote all around, like, I can make people laugh and stuff like that, you can promote that guy. You don't try to bring him down or let the fans look at him a different way -- you promote that guy. But, I don't understand why they don't. They barely promote me. It's the same thing PRIDE did. That's why I left PRIDE. I hope people understand my decision. This is my career. But, sometimes the fans are sheep. They don't know. they just know what they told."

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
3/12/12 11:55:12PM
Shut up fool......you dry humped Hendo for 5 rounds, danced around the octagon against Machida, Jones and Bader and made the six o' clock news after the Forrest fight and made a mockery of the English language coaching on TUF....hit the road.
Spanglepants
3/13/12 12:03:44AM
he'll probably go to bellator now that they can afford him. it would piss off the ufc and i don't think bellator would have any issue with putting him in fights where he is just gonna knock people out.

actually if he does go there, they could probably get hector lombard to agree to a catch weight bout with rampage, and that would be a great fight.
Budgellism
3/13/12 12:47:46AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Shut up fool......you dry humped Hendo for 5 rounds, danced around the octagon against Machida, Jones and Bader and made the six o' clock news after the Forrest fight and made a mockery of the English language coaching on TUF....hit the road.

Hell of a post man

This is all true. I hate what he's becoming. He's placing the blame on anyone other than himself. It's sad to see a fighter I've been a fan of for so long say such ridiculous things and act like such a whinny child.
prophecy033
3/13/12 12:56:06AM
The thing is that it's Silva's job to make interesting fights and to test these guys. They wanna see how a striker will fight against a wrestler, wrestler against Jui-Jitsu, Jui-Jitsu against Striking. its called MMA for a reason. Their gonna test you
VILLIN
3/13/12 1:21:48AM
Two things:

1. Is there anything more pathetic than a fighter whining about the skillsets of his opponents? I was under the impression that mma was a sport, not just some bs where they put together fights just to make egotistical fools look good. If you really were as good as you claim Rampage then you wouldn't need to be cherry picking opponents.

2. Everyone's career has ups and downs, it isn't some big conspiracy just because you aren't the center of attention while you're in a slump. Climb down off your high horse Rampage, you don't deserve the limelight more than anyone else.

PS
You aren't god's gift to mma and the UFC will continue to motor along quite nicely while you pout and whine like a spoiled child. There is the door Rampage, nobody will shed any tears when you're gone.
prophecy033
3/13/12 1:31:14AM

Posted by VILLIN

Two things:

1. Is there anything more pathetic than a fighter whining about the skillsets of his opponents? I was under the impression that mma was a sport, not just some bs where they put together fights just to make egotistical fools look good. If you really were as good as you claim Rampage then you wouldn't need to be cherry picking opponents.

2. Everyone's career has ups and downs, it isn't some big conspiracy just because you aren't the center of attention while you're in a slump. Climb down off your high horse Rampage, you don't deserve the limelight more than anyone else.

PS
You aren't god's gift to mma and the UFC will continue to motor along quite nicely while you pout and whine like a spoiled child. There is the door Rampage, nobody will shed any tears when you're gone.

Man i wish i could give you props again...this will have to do
Boo_Radley21
3/13/12 2:57:07AM
Rampage should be shot in the face for not training how to defend against wrestlers

There's no fucking easy fights in the UFC, Rampage... you want easy match ups? Go back to Pride

Oh wait...I guess boxing is your next best choice...see ya later Rampage we wont miss your premadonna ass

Rampage is like the Jaromir Jagr of the UFC
Boo_Radley21
3/13/12 2:59:52AM

Posted by VILLIN

Two things:

PS

And I gotta prop this
Shawn91111
3/13/12 3:22:44AM
I wouldnt say he dry humped Hendo for 5 rounds. That fight was on of the most underrated fights in a long time and one of his best.
Pookie
3/13/12 4:23:05AM

Posted by Shawn91111

I wouldnt say he dry humped Hendo for 5 rounds. That fight was on of the most underrated fights in a long time and one of his best.

_____

Rampage built his career sprawl and brawling wrestlers. It's one of the best types of match-ups you could give him in theory.
Rampage should stop fighting injured if he cares about how his performance looks to his fans.
Taking Rampage's word at face value, he fought Rashad and Bader with an injured knee, both times he was blanketed by wrestlers. It doesn't take deductive reasoning to conclude that it's his own fault for accepting the match under his conditions.

And that's taking Rampage's word at face value. I'm a Big-time Rampage fan, but the fault is his own.
Cooler
3/13/12 4:26:28AM
I got love for Rampage but it's hard to defend the guy sometimes
emfleek
3/13/12 8:43:56AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
scoozna
3/13/12 9:54:43AM
I dunno, but Joe Silva may be the most underrated Silva in UFC history. The dude seeks no limelight and has done a helluva job if you ask me.
BuffaloDave
3/13/12 10:23:11AM
Blah, blah, blah, Rampage. If you had been stuck with nothing but strikers and had been beaten by them, you would be saying the same thing.

Rampage if you want out so bad, be a man, go to talk to the bosses ask for your release, instead of these whinney ass rants and using twitter to talk B.S.
TeamDEY
3/13/12 10:54:51AM
How about Rampage learns how to wrestle? They matched him up with Forrest and he still lost... Rampage is a bum.
tmas
3/13/12 1:14:59PM
Rampage speaks the truth, fans are sheep, think for yourselves people
Poor_Franklin
3/13/12 3:14:18PM
i think Rampage got plenty of promotion. His fault for not stepping up & doing more with it.
emfleek
3/13/12 3:21:27PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i think Rampage got plenty of promotion. His fault for not stepping up & doing more with it.

7-4 in the UFC.

8 main events?

2 stints on TUF.

Plenty of promotion on TMZ

What else does he want? His own reality show? (I'd watch it.)
Chael_Sonnen
3/13/12 3:24:00PM

Posted by tmas

Rampage speaks a ton of B.S., RAMPAGE fans are sheep, think for yourselves people

FIXED