Rampage Jackson: Michael Bisping could beat Anderson Silva one day

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage Jackson: Michael Bisping could beat Anderson Silva one day
« Previous Page
Ben_Hutch
9/26/08 5:24:29PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by wrona666

I just love how the only people on here that are backing Bisping are from the UK...........

Yup, that sure is hilarious.

Hahahahahahahaha! Agreed mate.

It says something about Americans then doesn't it, I think y'all need to get over the Hammill decision, it's getting pathetic now.
DevonFoxy
9/26/08 5:28:12PM
This is stupid I don't like all this talk about US fans and UK fans.....as far as I know we are all MMA fans so just get over it everyone. Bisping won that fight good for his carreer perspective but it was probably the worst thing that could happen as far as his fan base.

End of the story is Bisping won.......means nothing now that he is a MW.

Back on topic Rampage just got to his new camp and it seems at least he is settling in with Kongo. I really want to know what effect flying over and back like they seem to be doing is going to have any effect on them.
Ben_Hutch
9/26/08 5:38:35PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

This is stupid I don't like all this talk about US fans and UK fans.....as far as I know we are all MMA fans so just get over it everyone. Bisping won that fight good for his carreer perspective but it was probably the worst thing that could happen as far as his fan base.

End of the story is Bisping won.......means nothing now that he is a MW.

Back on topic Rampage just got to his new camp and it seems at least he is settling in with Kongo. I really want to know what effect flying over and back like they seem to be doing is going to have any effect on them.

Well said, back to the topic
tlangley
9/26/08 5:40:09PM
Bisping vs Anderson would be a good fight. But i'm not seeing Bisping get past Dan.
keith-hackney1
9/26/08 5:48:52PM
Everyone is missing the point ... Bisping at middleweight looks the best he has. He demolished his first two opponents, his hands, wrestling and speed look to be at its best since coming on the UFC scene. Training with kongo and rampage, he will only get better. Emagine bispings hands two fights from now if he were to put more power in each shot, kongo will help him there. Bisping will be a major threat in that division by this time next year !!!
keith-hackney1
9/26/08 5:51:46PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by wrona666

I just love how the only people on here that are backing Bisping are from the UK...........

Yup, that sure is hilarious.

you wait, all you honkies will eat your words one day !!! Bisping is a great fighter !!!!
casey64
9/26/08 6:04:53PM
He will beat Leben, and I agree with Rampage on this as well.
MALICE
9/26/08 7:25:09PM
Bisping is looking very good at MW. But Leben has changed up his training, hell....his entire lifestyle. He is no longer mentally weak. He is very focused now. He has a chin that rivals Hendo's, a punch as well. This will be a great fight. Leben will test Bisping's chin. Bisping will also test Leben's skills, with his technical striking. I think both of their ground games are overlooked. They both have good wrestling and JJ. I think it's gonna be a war on the feet.

As of right now I don't believe Bisping can beat Hendo, Marquardt, or Franklin. Leben and Cote are a tossup. They have very similar styles. So right now I say no, but in the future maybe.
prozacnation1978
9/26/08 8:08:04PM
i don't think bisping could even beat hendo but if he were i think he vs silva would be short lived
best person to beat silva could just be fihlo
xtra_chewy
9/26/08 10:36:44PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

IMO Bisping won't make it past Leban so he will never see his chance with Anderson

Word.
xtra_chewy
9/26/08 10:43:00PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

Leben is gonna knock him out unconscious, and if Bisbing pulls a decision somehow Hendo will most certainly demolish him. Honestly this hype around Bisbing is ridiculous, theres all these threads about oh Bisping could beat the Spider one day...really? where Hendo and Rich failed Bisbing is gonna shine? he barely got past Sinosic and the sub par competition he faced. He lost to Hamill and lost to Rashad (that was not a bad decision).

If you want to run around telling people he sucks all day at least learn how to spell the guys name. Theirs no b.

And he beat Hamill

This thread is awsome, everyone is getting all geared up for TUF 9!!!
US vs UK! I think we all know who won way back in the day....right?! Am I right.?
Ben_Hutch
9/27/08 12:01:47AM

Posted by xtra_chewy

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

Leben is gonna knock him out unconscious, and if Bisbing pulls a decision somehow Hendo will most certainly demolish him. Honestly this hype around Bisbing is ridiculous, theres all these threads about oh Bisping could beat the Spider one day...really? where Hendo and Rich failed Bisbing is gonna shine? he barely got past Sinosic and the sub par competition he faced. He lost to Hamill and lost to Rashad (that was not a bad decision).

If you want to run around telling people he sucks all day at least learn how to spell the guys name. Theirs no b.

And he beat Hamill

US vs UK! I think we all know who won way back in the day....right?! Am I right.?

WTF, why do you need to bring that into things?

You have 81 posts and 4 props........I wonder why.

P.S - Compare how many people live in the USA to the UK, and how popular MMA is in the USA compared to the UK, I think most Brit's would admit that America will most likely win TUF 9.

Basically, shutup.
keith-hackney1
9/27/08 6:19:50AM

And he beat Hamill

USA will dominate UK in an MMA competition. Thats because the states are about 6-8 years ahead on MMA than us brits. Its almost the same scenario as the almighty Americans invading a defenseless afganistan. Except this time, its UK MMA fighters instead !!!
MMAcca
9/27/08 9:55:36AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Thats because the states are about 6-8 years ahead on MMA than us brits.

6-8 years

That's some really flawed logic you got there
Ben_Hutch
9/27/08 9:59:01AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by keith-hackney1

Thats because the states are about 6-8 years ahead on MMA than us brits.

6-8 years

That's some really flawed logic you got there

Not at all, it's absolutely true.
jgtribbett
9/27/08 11:46:10AM
i agree with page.. for some reason i feel the same.. he will beat him.. one day
JoeySteel
9/27/08 1:07:33PM
Bisping could totally beat the Spider some day.

If Silva retires and Bisping keeps fighting, 10-30 years from now Bisping could chlorophyll Silva when he is not looking, and really just tear him apart, but short of that it is not going to happen.

ever.
Ben_Hutch
9/27/08 1:13:30PM

Posted by JoeySteel

If Silva retires and Bisping keeps fighting, 10-30 years from now Bisping could chlorophyll Silva when he is not looking, and really just tear him apart, but short of that it is not going to happen.

ever.

Go back to Sherdog.
MMAcca
9/27/08 3:22:47PM

Posted by JoeySteel

ever.

WrestlersAssassin
9/30/08 4:17:29PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

sucks and overrated are too different things

Dude, just read the interview.

Rampage said he MIGHT be able to beat him one day because he has/is improving so much, etc,etc....

If they fought tomorrow Silva would destroy him for definate.

Rampage is just saying that Bisping is commited to being the best he can.

Elvis Sinosic......... that is all
DvS
9/30/08 6:35:14PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I don't understand why so many people under-estimate Bisping.

Bisping truely has lost his touch, he looked promising during TUF and after, but since the Hamill incident he has really gone downhill, sure hasn't impressed me. I can't see him beating Leben at all.
Ben_Hutch
9/30/08 7:33:17PM

Posted by DvS

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Bisping truely has lost his touch, he looked promising during TUF and after, but since the Hamill incident he has really gone downhill, sure hasn't impressed me. I can't see him beating Leben at all.

Beating both Charles McCarthy and Jason Day in the first round, he really has looked awful

Whatever you say buddy..........
WrestlersAssassin
10/3/08 4:05:03PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by DvS

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Beating both Charles McCarthy and Jason Day in the first round, he really has looked awful

......Elvis Sinosic almost ko'd him, just think about what Anderson, Rich, Hendo, Cote, Leben any other A or B class striker with lots of power would do to him.
Ben_Hutch
10/3/08 4:21:06PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by DvS

Posted by Ben_Hutch

......Elvis Sinosic almost ko'd him, just think about what Anderson, Rich, Hendo, Cote, Leben any other A or B class striker with lots of power would do to him.

He fought Elvis at the beginning of 2007, since then he has moved down a weightclass (so, natually, the opponents won't hit as hard) and Bisping has improved A LOT since then, that's just a terrible point you made.
WrestlersAssassin
10/4/08 1:01:44AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by DvS

Posted by Ben_Hutch

He fought Elvis at the beginning of 2007, since then he has moved down a weightclass (so, natually, the opponents won't hit as hard) and Bisping has improved A LOT since then, that's just a terrible point you made.

He fights mediocre opponents and a D level opponent made him look bad, just because he changes weight classes dosnt mean he can hang with the elite, its the other way around hooch you have made zero progress in this debate. At least I can have a mind of my own instead of being tied to the hip with someone just because there from the country im from.
H
10/20/08 1:09:49AM
In my opinion, there is nothing that Dan Henderson or Rich Franklin aren't better at than Bisping..... from a overall skill standpoint, I can't envision Bisping coming even close to beating Hendo or Franklin......

Rampage does, say some weird things... maybe he means it, but from Bisping's lack luster performances, he can't back up on his feet and counter punch Anderson Silva, that doesn't work with a Muay Thai fighter at his level.
Lucas
10/20/08 9:39:47AM
I agree bisping has no chance of beating silva but i think your all a bit harsh on him not many people would beat silva. Bipings last few performances have been good so dont know where lacklustre comes from. The sort of things your saying about bisping is exactly what most perople would have said about forrest griffin so you just never know
BlooD_FighteR
10/20/08 5:30:31PM
Hes worthy of a shot but silvas muay thai is to crisp for him, an who ever said bispin wouldnt beat leben must not of seen bispin fight b4!!!
Pages: 1 [2]