Rampage Jackson: Michael Bisping could beat Anderson Silva one day

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage Jackson: Michael Bisping could beat Anderson Silva one day
Next Page »
SmileR
9/26/08 11:15:13AM
“I’ve been working and training with Michael for a year now, and I have seen improvements consistently; he is already one of the best. He just can’t see it yet. This guy doesn’t know just how good he is. Or how good he can be yet. I think if Michael beats Chris Leben and he fights Dan Henderson next he has the chance to show he is one of the best. If Michael beats and defeats Henderson then he can take on Anderson Silva. Michael has all the qualities to be one the best. He’s better than me at so many things. Michael is a great fighter. He works hard, trains hard, he’s got the potential to be one of the best champions in the sport. He’s also got really good trainers. In the MMA game, anything can happen in a fight. People see Silva as invincible, but Michael could beat Silva one day. There is always a first in this sport.”

Former light heavyweight champion Quinton Rampage Jackson — who now trains full time with top middleweight contender Michael Bisping at Wolfslair MMA Academy in the United Kingdom — feels his team member and friend could defeat UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva. The interesting thing here is that he lays out a fight schedule that could groom Bisping for an eventual showdown with “The Spider” after two fights — Chris Leben at UFC 89 and then Dan Henderson.

Link
Kracker_Jap
9/26/08 11:29:07AM
IMO Bisping won't make it past Leban so he will never see his chance with Anderson
jocka
9/26/08 11:46:06AM
Well there a difference saying could beat someone and will beat him someday lol technically i could beat Anderson Silva puchers chance its not gonna happend but you know what am saying lol

If he does beat Leben the next step would definitly be Henderson but i think LEben is winning so
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/26/08 11:52:10AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

IMO Bisping won't make it past Leban so he will never see his chance with Anderson

up for an av bet?
Jackelope
9/26/08 12:20:47PM
Bisping's striking isn't anywhere close to allowing him to beat Anderson Silva. He throws standard boxing combos and hardly ever changes levels or angles. He hasn't utilized kicks much, either. All in all it's way behind.
saemskin
9/26/08 12:21:18PM
I don't think Bisping OR Rampage could beat him.
cagefight
9/26/08 12:41:37PM
Bisping might make it past leben but henderson will KO him
wrona666
9/26/08 12:56:48PM
Bisping can beat Leben, but Henderson or Silva would crush him!!!!!!
Aaronno9
9/26/08 12:59:24PM
I don't think Bisping will ever beat anderson but i guess you never know. End of the day though hes one of the most exciting fighters in the MW division, and while most Americans still hate him i think even they would choose to watch him over alot of other guys becouse he always tries to make the fight exciting to watch. Fights with leben, quarry, hendo and belcher would all be awesome imo.
Ben_Hutch
9/26/08 2:05:10PM
I don't understand why so many people under-estimate Bisping.
Bowen50
9/26/08 2:13:50PM
if Bisping gets past Leben and then fights Henderson Bisping will get absolutely mauled. that is just a horrible match up stylisticly for Bisping. and lets not even begin to talk about Bisping fighting Anderson, that would be an absolute blood bath.
Near07
9/26/08 2:26:58PM
People underestimate him because he hasn't fought anyone in th top 50... Yes i know he fought Rashad, but lost, Hamill beat him, and would beat him again, but the ufc probably won't let that fight happen (which they should have right away). The ucf keeps giving him cans, "chainsaw", Day, of course he looked good against them lol Why would anyone ever think it would be a good fight between him and Silva, I will be very surprised if he beats Leban (top 20 fighter), if he does let him fight Franklin ( i know he went up in weight)...
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 2:50:45PM
well i too can beat Anderson Silva one day. when he is 90 and i am 73, it's gonna be lights out for the Spider.

JJfreak via pulling the plug R1
Aaronno9
9/26/08 2:57:00PM

Posted by Near07

People underestimate him because he hasn't fought anyone in th top 50... Yes i know he fought Rashad, but lost, Hamill beat him, and would beat him again, but the ufc probably won't let that fight happen (which they should have right away). The ucf keeps giving him cans, "chainsaw", Day, of course he looked good against them lol Why would anyone ever think it would be a good fight between him and Silva, I will be very surprised if he beats Leban (top 20 fighter), if he does let him fight Franklin ( i know he went up in weight)...

See what i dont get about that is, you say bisping got beat by rashad, which he did, even though alot of people questioned the decision, but when bisping wins and the decision is called into dispute, you actually go as far as to say he lost, even when theirs a w on his record. I mean, i know as well as the next guy bisping should of lost to hammil, but the blaintent bias against him from americans/canadians got old and tired months ago. I really cant believe im still seeing hammil beat bisping in a thread after so long.
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 3:05:16PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Near07

See what i dont get about that is, you say bisping got beat by rashad, which he did, even though alot of people questioned the decision, but when bisping wins and the decision is called into dispute, you actually go as far as to say he lost, even when theirs a w on his record. I mean, i know as well as the next guy bisping should of lost to hammil, but the blaintent bias against him from americans/canadians got old and tired months ago. I really cant believe im still seeing hammil beat bisping in a thread after so long.

it's one of the worst decisions in MMA and should never be forgotten imo
DevonFoxy
9/26/08 3:07:31PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Near07

I really don't think its a continent vs continent thing that was just a crappy decision no way around it like you said you don't have to be American or Canadian to see that he should have lost that fight but what the heck can you do judges are the final say.

I think Rampage is playing it safe trying not to offend his teammate and at the same time not wanting to look stupid by saying "He's gonna beat him when he fights him".

And to the post about fighting cans. What do you want the UFC to do they are building in England and if Bisping starts getting destroyed by Hendo and Franklin ect. he is not as appealing. Bisping is still quite young so he should be fine Anderson Silva however just has all the tools to beat pretty much anyone.
Aaronno9
9/26/08 3:27:18PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Near07

I personally though the ricco nog decision was worse, but i dont see that being brought up in litterally every single thread about big nog. It just getting annoying after a while.
WrestlersAssassin
9/26/08 3:50:58PM
Leben is gonna knock him out unconscious, and if Bisbing pulls a decision somehow Hendo will most certainly demolish him. Honestly this hype around Bisbing is ridiculous, theres all these threads about oh Bisping could beat the Spider one day...really? where Hendo and Rich failed Bisbing is gonna shine? he barely got past Sinosic and the sub par competition he faced. He lost to Hamill and lost to Rashad (that was not a bad decision).
Aaronno9
9/26/08 3:57:10PM

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

Leben is gonna knock him out unconscious, and if Bisbing pulls a decision somehow Hendo will most certainly demolish him. Honestly this hype around Bisbing is ridiculous, theres all these threads about oh Bisping could beat the Spider one day...really? where Hendo and Rich failed Bisbing is gonna shine? he barely got past Sinosic and the sub par competition he faced. He lost to Hamill and lost to Rashad (that was not a bad decision).

If you want to run around telling people he sucks all day at least learn how to spell the guys name. Theirs no b.
MMAcca
9/26/08 4:04:28PM

Posted by Aaronno9

If you want to run around telling people he sucks all day at least learn how to spell the guys name. Theirs no b.

And he beat Hamill

WrestlersAssassin
9/26/08 4:06:22PM

Posted by Aaronno9

sucks and overrated are too different things
Ben_Hutch
9/26/08 4:09:10PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Near07

Mate come on, it's not like someone died, we're not moarning a death here.

It's in the past and everyone needs to get over it.
MMAcca
9/26/08 4:10:09PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Dude, just read the interview.

Rampage said he MIGHT be able to beat him one day because he has/is improving so much, etc,etc....

If they fought tomorrow Silva would destroy him for definate.

Rampage is just saying that Bisping is commited to being the best he can.
Aaronno9
9/26/08 4:12:23PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

Dude, just read the interview.

Rampage said he MIGHT be able to beat him one day because he has/is improving so much, etc,etc....

If they fought tomorrow Silva would destroy him for definate.

Rampage is just saying that Bisping is commited to being the best he can.

Pretty much what i wanted to say in the first place. I think some people just see Bisping in a thread title, and start sharpening their knives. Just gets annoying after a while.
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 4:27:05PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I personally though the ricco nog decision was worse, but i dont see that being brought up in litterally every single thread about big nog. It just getting annoying after a while.

i agree that Ricco vs Nog was worse and i get where you are coming from. one thing that adds to it is that Ricco did not act as...i guess you can say aggressively?...as Bisping did when he won.
wrona666
9/26/08 4:29:59PM
I just love how the only people on here that are backing Bisping are from the UK...........
Aaronno9
9/26/08 4:35:52PM

Posted by wrona666

I just love how the only people on here that are backing Bisping are from the UK...........

Yup, that sure is hilarious.
Aaronno9
9/26/08 4:37:29PM

Posted by Aaronno9

i agree that Ricco vs Nog was worse and i get where you are coming from. one thing that adds to it is that Ricco did not act as...i guess you can say aggressively?...as Bisping did when he won.

Yeh i agree. I was banging my head against the wall when he said the whole go back to wrestling thing becouse i knew how much hed get bashed for it. I just didnt think it would last for so long!
MaxOne
9/26/08 4:53:04PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Near07

who thought bisping beat rashad?

everbody i know that follows mma thinks hamel beat bisping
Red-Dragon
9/26/08 5:24:08PM
THIS THREAD
Pages: [1] 2