Rampage Jackson: "I Don’t Think Forrest Could Knock Out Anybody"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage Jackson: "I Don’t Think Forrest Could Knock Out Anybody"
MMAcca
7/1/08 2:43:34PM
In a new interview posted on UFC.com, light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson sizes up the gameplan he feels Forrest Griffin will use in trying to take his "big belt buckle" this Saturday at UFC 86. "Rampage" also calls his opponent's KO power into question once again, a few days after lighting up message boards with his assertion that Griffin "couldn't bust a grape." Says the champ:

"Forrest will be the best guy to come back against because he’s got good skills, but he’s not a guy that’s gonna knock you out when you lag. I don’t think Forrest could knock out anybody.

LINK
BIGKAT
7/1/08 2:53:56PM
Keep underestimating Forrest , Quinton, I want you to so that I can watch your big mouth get smashed as you get KO'd!!!

Just keep doing what you do best, TALK!
Mayhem13
7/1/08 3:17:34PM
Rampage talks. its what he does and what's expected of him pretty much. I doubt he is underestimating Forrest, he is just having some fun, and talking some game for hype.

He is one of the few that I look forward to hearing his hype talk. He makes it funny and keeps you entertained

McBee
7/1/08 3:18:57PM

Posted by BIGKAT

Keep underestimating Forrest , Quinton, I want you to so that I can watch your big mouth get smashed as you get KO'd!!!

rampage has to talk but he is will be prepared and he did do the impossible and TKO Chuck which Wandy and Overeem could not do, so I think he is pretty good at other things than talking. I cannot wait to see it, but I think Rampage will win.
coldchillin
7/1/08 4:53:23PM

Posted by BIGKAT

that sounds like you want to make an avatar bet on this fight... RAMPAGE is going to destroy Forrest. Rampage always backs up what he says.
Aether
7/1/08 5:44:14PM
You're allowed to talk all you want if what you're saying is true. It may seem obnoxious to you, but to most people it's pretty entertaining, and being entertaining is part of what makes him money. He's right though, I have a pretty hard time seeing Forrest KO rampage... Most of his wins are a battle of attrition ending either in a decision or a submission. I like both fighters a lot but I don't see how Forrest can win this one.
Sam_Rothstein
7/1/08 5:57:55PM
Hopefully this is him just trying to goat forrest into standing up with him

Because if he really is looking past him this fight could get bad for rampage.
McBee
7/1/08 6:12:53PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Hopefully this is him just trying to goat forrest into standing up with him

Because if he really is looking past him this fight could get bad for rampage.

Forrest beat shogun I doubt he is looking past him
FrankTheTank1181
7/1/08 7:36:23PM
If anyone has seen the countdown show on Spike Forrest says he is not a "power puncher", or something to that effect.
Pookie
7/1/08 7:38:12PM
the countdown thing has already premiered?
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 7:42:38PM

Posted by Pookie

yeah i saw it last night. Forrest's training partner said Rampage would have problems because, unlike Dan Henderson, Forrest throws a lot of 1,2's instead of power punches and will wear rampage out.
ncordless
7/1/08 8:44:37PM
I disagree with Rampage. I am pretty sure if I let Forrest hit me in the jaw I would go down and out. I've only been KOed once in my life, but I bet Forrest could make it twice.
McBee
7/1/08 9:32:22PM

Posted by Pookie

plays again at 9pm wednesday on the west coast
telnights
7/2/08 2:12:57AM
Anyone can be knocked out if they get hit in the right spot. Back when I was boxing I seen guys trash talk like that all the time and they always end up waking up with an ice pack on the back of their neck at sometime or another.
Aether
7/2/08 2:41:49AM
obviously he doesn't mean that forrest literally couldn't knock anyone out or that he literally couldn't bust a grape. It's just an exaggerated way to say he doesn't hit hard enough to knock out most fighters in an actual fight. It's true, his track record proves it, forrest will probably even admit it himself, his style is to wear people down and outwork or submit them when they're tired. I'm pretty sure that just about anyone would get knocked out if they just stood there and let him kick you square in the face.
HLONWLS
7/2/08 4:59:01PM
Quinton is all about the hype hype hype. He is going to talk more smack than Ali did with Frasier(ok maybe not that much), but he is going to talk trash. I would love nothing more than to see this be a fight for the ages. Five full rounds of of sub attempts, stand up, and G&P. These two guys make the perfect "likeable" match up. They respect one another, they joked around with one another on the show, and you know they are both tough as nails. A big fight with these two for the LHW Championship would be cool.
Sam_Rothstein
7/2/08 5:40:41PM

Posted by telnights

Anyone can be knocked out if they get hit in the right spot. Back when I was boxing I seen guys trash talk like that all the time and they always end up waking up with an ice pack on the back of their neck at sometime or another.

what that guy said
colescar
7/6/08 2:37:54PM
Destroy huh?

Define destroy because Forrest left with the belt.
McBee
7/6/08 5:12:49PM

Posted by colescar

Destroy huh?

Define destroy because Forrest left with the belt.

he was still right on the initial quote, he never rocked Rampage, just hurt him with leg kicks and control.
itsfrankwhite
7/7/08 2:59:39AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Rampage talks. its what he does and what's expected of him pretty much. I doubt he is underestimating Forrest, he is just having some fun, and talking some game for hype.

He is one of the few that I look forward to hearing his hype talk. He makes it funny and keeps you entertained

Yes Rampage does talk shit. Its good for marketing among other things.
Mostly is just his personality.

With that said .... A real man can admit when he gets a ass kicken.

Rampage stated after the fight. "he (Forrest) whuppped my ass"

Of course that was the ultimate decision I was personally betting on!! Good job Forrest .
BIGKAT
7/7/08 5:07:08PM

Posted by BIGKAT

ahem ;)
BIGKAT
7/7/08 5:09:28PM

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by BIGKAT

that sounds like you want to make an avatar bet on this fight... RAMPAGE is going to destroy Forrest. Rampage always backs up what he says.

lol