Rampage Jackson claims 90 percent of the UFC family hated him for beating Chuck Liddell

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage Jackson claims 90 percent of the UFC family hated him for beating Chuck Liddell
Next Page »
FastKnockout
6/28/13 3:12:33PM
Former UFC Light Heavyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson claims that "90 percent" of the people at the UFC never forgave him for beating popular champ Chuck Liddell.

Link
mattjonesy
6/28/13 3:55:36PM
Used to be such a fan of Rampage, he was hilarious and always brought it in the cage! Now every time he speaks he makes me cringe. I cant get over how much my opinion has changed on the guy over the last 5 years.
SpiderSilva
6/28/13 4:02:22PM

Posted by mattjonesy

Used to be such a fan of Rampage, he was hilarious and always brought it in the cage! Now every time he speaks he makes me cringe. I cant get over how much my opinion has changed on the guy over the last 5 years.

He's gotta find an out for himself an all his losses

this reminds me rampage
machodog76
6/28/13 4:32:55PM

Posted by mattjonesy

same here!
Goatenstein
6/28/13 5:06:14PM
He's getting annoying but he's probably telling the truth on this one. It was supposed to be the big revenge for Chuck and instead he got owned.
prozacnation1978
6/28/13 5:48:47PM
Give me a break rampage. You did it to yourself
Lungsofsteel
6/28/13 6:39:04PM
he needs to start training with bob sapp
mrsmiley
6/28/13 7:50:47PM
I believe Rampage actually. I also got that vibe from many fans before and after the fight.
sparky
6/28/13 8:09:20PM
I hated him for beating chucky not going to lie.
Chael_Sonnen
6/28/13 8:11:23PM
I assure you Ham-Page, everybody in teh UFC hated your guts BEFORE teh Eastman fight.

Good job on playing the race card genius - - it wasn't the fact that you were black.....but.....yellow.
Webbie
6/28/13 9:14:08PM
The unfortunate truth is that Rampage just isn't very intelligent.

I used to love the guy in PRIDE. He was a great fighter with a lot of heart, but damn, he really, truly has no idea how stupid he makes himself look with all of the comments he's been making lately. He acts like the UFC was out to get him or something. It's just ridiculous at this point.
Manak
6/28/13 10:13:32PM
i know, the ufc are assholes. i bet they wouldn't even bail rampage out of jail... oh wait they did.. they hate him because he got fat and started making drama for no reason.
bjj1605
6/28/13 10:28:29PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I believe Rampage actually. I also got that vibe from many fans before and after the fight.

Ya I'm not gonna lie...I hated him for a good long while simply because he beat Chucky.

The Iceman was my hero back in the day and if life was a movie, that was a fight he was destined to win. It would have been his last unavenged loss and the cherry on top of his career.

I actually remember screaming at my TV that it was an early stop...
moob
6/29/13 6:18:48AM
I didn't like him because he was a one trick pony.

Oh, and the fact he killed that unborn child.
icantthinkofanything
6/29/13 8:53:33AM
It did suck seeing Chuck get ktfo, especially since Rampage stopped getting the KO in his last 5 fights or so.
sbulldavid
6/29/13 9:43:06AM
When Rampage lost Juanito that was where he went wrong. I was glad he beat Chuck. The UFC was kind of a 1940 baseball league before Pride and Rampage came over. Rampage knocked that barrier down with one punch, and to me that was when the UFC truly blew up.
sparky
6/29/13 10:56:54AM

Posted by sbulldavid

When Rampage lost Juanito that was where he went wrong. I was glad he beat Chuck. The UFC was kind of a 1940 baseball league before Pride and Rampage came over. Rampage knocked that barrier down with one punch, and to me that was when the UFC truly blew up.

No way the UFC blew up when Liddell flattened Couture at UFC 52
Webbie
6/29/13 11:18:47AM
lol that isn't true either.
jay98107
6/29/13 1:20:03PM
I mean, he did kill the goose that laid the golden egg. On the other hand, why would the UFC bring Rampage in from another organization (when he was still prime) just to hopefully lose to Chuck? I mean, I definitely thought Chuck was capable of winning that fight, but if the UFC was gonna get that mad if Chuck lost why schedule such a tough and not-even-that-well-known opponent in Rampage? Just have him fight Babalu a 3rd time
jay98107
6/29/13 1:21:06PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by sbulldavid

Forrest/Bonnar?

shaneTpain
6/29/13 1:49:23PM
I always hated him personally
sbulldavid
6/29/13 5:13:33PM
My thing is that their was a color barrier that got knocked down, it was a totally american sport at that point
FlashyG
6/29/13 5:37:22PM

Posted by sbulldavid

My thing is that their was a color barrier that got knocked down, it was a totally american sport at that point

Is there a Memphis Tennessee outside the US? otherwise I'm not sure how Rampage winning that fight made the sport less "American"

As for the color barrier, before that point the UFC had at least 5 different champions that weren't white and an assortment of contenders of different races.
sbulldavid
6/29/13 6:09:56PM
Rampage was huge on another continent, he wasn't hardly known in America at the time the world needed to see it happen. I'm not even defending Rampage, he was a decent fighter once, it's his own fault he never made more of himself. I'm sure nobody was happy he killed Chuck but I don't think there was any conspiracy to bring Rampage down. Is that clear enough ?
sbulldavid
6/29/13 6:12:42PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Rampage was huge on another continent, he wasn't hardly known in America at the time the world needed to see it happen. I'm not even defending Rampage, he was a decent fighter once, it's his own fault he never made more of himself. I'm sure nobody was happy he killed Chuck but I don't think there was any conspiracy to bring Rampage down. Is that clear enough ?

And I did use the wrong choice of words, but I'm talking about the worldwide scene like we have the international TUF's
FlashyG
6/29/13 6:30:58PM
I don't think Rampage was much help at all in making the UFC a more global company.

He was huge in Japan, but that's one of the few markets they still haven't made much of an impact in.

Michael Bisping IMO did more to expand the UFC's footprint than Rampage ever did.

It seems to me the only thing Rampage was interested in promoting during his time with the UFC was himself.

If the UFC family hated him they'd have cut him loose when he was arrested.
Webbie
6/29/13 6:49:45PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by sparky

Posted by sbulldavid

Franklin/Bonnar?

Franklin/Bonnar? Huh?

Did you mean Griffin/Bonnar?
Bustamante-Aoki
6/30/13 1:01:52PM

Posted by Manak

i know, the ufc are assholes. i bet they wouldn't even bail rampage out of jail... oh wait they did.. they hate him because he got fat and started making drama for no reason.

So, what's Dana like in real life? How many of the UFC staff do you know and work with? How did you get backstage to witness how the staff treats him?

I think I'll take Rampage's word. He may not be the smartest but I'm pretty sure he's able to tell when people like him or not, and when they stop liking him. Also he's always been an honest guy, whether he understands the situation or not. This one I`m sure he`s intelligent enough to understand.
Bustamante-Aoki
6/30/13 1:05:40PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I assure you Ham-Page, everybody in teh UFC hated your guts BEFORE teh Eastman fight.

Good job on playing the race card genius - - it wasn't the fact that you were black.....but.....yellow.

He didn`t play the race card. He clearly said it wasn`t racism.
Michael_Corleone
6/30/13 1:18:16PM
Rampage really needs to whoop somebody's ass before he starts talking again. Even if it is true, right now it just comes across as sour grapes.
Pages: [1] 2