rampage vs ?.....hughes silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » rampage vs ?.....hughes silva
dvs_nelson
11/12/07 10:51:05PM
first off
who the hell are they gonna get to fight rampage? i think he is a very dominant fighter after taking out henderson.

what do you guys think about hughes wieghting up if he loses to serra (which he better not lose) to fight anderson silva?
cmill21
11/12/07 11:32:15PM
Rampage is hurt right now. I would like to see him vs Shogun/wand again, also maybe a winner of a jardine/forrest match could step in to fight him until wand or shogun has "proven" themselves.
postman
11/12/07 11:52:32PM
I think Hughes v Silva would be a good fight if (big if) Matt could gain controll of Anderson on the ground. He would get picked apart standing up but if he could get the take down he may be able to pound him out.
Naturaldisaster
11/13/07 12:25:20AM
I think silva would brutalize hughes. if hughes loses to matt serra theres no way in hell he could hang with anderson
tuvok500
11/13/07 12:45:59AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I think silva would brutalize hughes. if hughes loses to matt serra theres no way in hell he could hang with anderson

i think Hughes will beat Serra and after losing to GSP he may decide to go up but if he lose against Serra, it will be the end of Hughes as we know him !!!

jgtribbett
11/13/07 9:59:07AM
id like to see hendo vs ramapage again
Kainlock
11/13/07 4:18:54PM
One of the biggest reason Hughes is so good is because he is a big WW. Look at Sherk when he fought at WW. He has outmatched by guys bigger and stronger then him. So he droped down and his a monster LW. Same would is true for Hughes.
JimiMak
11/13/07 7:30:55PM
So if Matt can no longer hang at WW you suggest he move up?
atlas777
11/14/07 1:47:31PM
If Hughes moved up to MW he would be fine for a few fights but it would be a toss up against Anderson Silva he is a better wrester than anyone silva has faced in the ufc but he wouldnt be that big, after hughes beats serra he will only have a few more fights to go until he retires he said so himself i think after he fights serra and gsp no matter what happens he will stay at ww
cowcatcher
11/14/07 3:29:43PM
ive been thinking about who rampage is going to get next and i really dont know. im sure that the ufc wanted to fast track a match between him and shogun, but thats out the window now so im staring to think the wandy chuck winner might be the next guy he faces. if chuck wins that match im not sure hes deserving, but he may end up fighting forrest for the #1 contender spot. wandy might get the same match were he to win, so thats looking like the 3 contenders to me right now.

as far as hughes moving up to fight silva, well if he loses to serra, or gsp if he beats serra i could see it happening, but as good as he is i just dont see him being the guy with the skillset to take anderson out. im not sure if anyone right now is even on silvas level at 185, he really is dialed in and looks like hes going to be wearing gold for a long time.
Jackelope
11/14/07 4:17:01PM

Posted by cowcatcher

ive been thinking about who rampage is going to get next and i really dont know. im sure that the ufc wanted to fast track a match between him and shogun, but thats out the window now so im staring to think the wandy chuck winner might be the next guy he faces. if chuck wins that match im not sure hes deserving, but he may end up fighting forrest for the #1 contender spot. wandy might get the same match were he to win, so thats looking like the 3 contenders to me right now.

as far as hughes moving up to fight silva, well if he loses to serra, or gsp if he beats serra i could see it happening, but as good as he is i just dont see him being the guy with the skillset to take anderson out. im not sure if anyone right now is even on silvas level at 185, he really is dialed in and looks like hes going to be wearing gold for a long time.

What about the fact that Jardine has beaten both Liddell and Forrest?
cowcatcher
11/14/07 4:35:14PM
i thought about that, and hes in there somewhere, but i think that the other 3 are before him in line
wandy-7 years as pride champ, if he beats chuck hes instantly in the picture
chuck-ufc posterboy, and danas good buddy, if hes winning hes always in the mix
forrest-tuf winner and extremely popular, beating shogun put him right to the front of the line
jardine-beat forrest and chuck, losses to alexander(whos looking like a contender too) and bonnar, doesnt have the fan base or popularity of the other 3 but is in position to get a title shot with another big win, maybe 2

thats this guys perspective anyway, i think the popularity factor has a lot to do with who gets the next shot.
Jackelope
11/14/07 4:54:22PM
Yeah, unfortunately popularity does seem to come into play.

Although I hate to admit it (because personally I don't feel he's ready) you have to look at the very real possibility of Rashad Evans deserving a title shot within the next few fights.

I highly agree with Wanderlei deserving a shot, with a win over Liddell there's no reason he shouldn't be next.

It's a tough picture to paint right now but I think with another big KO victory for Houston Alexander we may very well be seeing him within range for a title shot soon. Simply because he finishes fights. Or possibly a #1 contendor match between he and Forrest in the event that Wanderlei gets his shot.

I think honestly the biggest problem we're seeing in the UFC right now is a lack of fights being finished in decisive and early fashion. It feels like that's what the fans need to justify a title shot.

Unfortunately for me if I could make this a perfect world I would say a healthy Shogun deserves the shot first, then Wanderlei, then Jardine. Somewhere in the middle there we've got these anomalies in Forrest Griffin and Houston Alexander that are screwing the whole picture up
Jackelope
11/14/07 4:55:15PM
and MAN I really need to update my rankings. They are like a year behind haha
bls1919
11/20/07 9:54:11PM
If Silva can beat chuck, then i think he has to get a shot at rampage. I think it would be a great fight.
Mayhem13
11/21/07 12:07:42AM
heres my list of contenders

next shot will be
Forrest

the list of contenders then goes (imo)
Wanderlei (if he wins)
Jardine
winner of (Machida vs Soko)
Evans
Chuck Liddell (if he wins)
Shogun