RAMPAGE will fight SILVA

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » RAMPAGE will fight SILVA
Next Page »
lilz_gangsta
6/8/08 5:23:38PM
well my friend is Bill Goldbergs Nephew and i go to school with him and he said that Bill said Quinton Jackson will fight Wanderlei Silva after Jackson K.O.'s Griffin
Mayhem13
6/8/08 5:25:38PM
if they both win thier next fights, then I could see this happening for sure..give Rampage a 3rd chance...(which I think he would win this time)
seanfu
6/8/08 5:29:10PM
Silva will lose this time if Rampage has been learning anything from Couture.

The cage will wreck Silva. If Rampage trades though I think we all know and have seen what will happen.

Hard to accurately predict what will happen in the fight because Wanderlei always is a knee or flurry away from victory by way of KTFO but I think Rampage will at least handle him in the first round with takedowns and beat him up pretty badly.

Round 2 is the deciding round I think.
wolfman
6/8/08 5:38:17PM
I don't know, I don't want to count Silva out just yet, but I think this is a fight that Rampage could most definitely win. I'd love to see this rubber match! It would definitely be fireworks!!!
juanez13
6/8/08 5:41:23PM

Posted by seanfu

Silva will lose this time if Rampage has been learning anything from Couture.

The cage will wreck Silva. If Rampage trades though I think we all know and have seen what will happen.

Hard to accurately predict what will happen in the fight because Wanderlei always is a knee or flurry away from victory by way of KTFO but I think Rampage will at least handle him in the first round with takedowns and beat him up pretty badly.

Round 2 is the deciding round I think.

Funny think about your statement is that Wandy is now training with Couture full time, I think Rampage only trains with randy from time to time, but still has got his own camp. would be interesting how that goes down.

Also agree about rampage trading with wandy, when he fought Hendo i couldnt help but visualize wandy KO'ing him again with the way rampage was fighting, not talking about the ground, but when Rampage was trading with Hendo he was swinging wild, which is wandy's Bread and butter.

To win this fight Rampage has to put his Ego/Pride aside, and just fight smart, which would be take wandy down, and Outpoint him when standing.
wolfman
6/8/08 5:47:16PM

Posted by juanez13

To win this fight Rampage has to put his Ego/Pride aside, and just fight smart, which would be take wandy down, and Outpoint him when standing.

Could that be an unintentional pun? Put his "Pride" aside....Yeah, he needs to put his Pride aside and his PRIDE FC fights with Wandy behind him...
The_Ho_Bag
6/8/08 5:55:37PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

well my friend is Bill Goldbergs Nephew and i go to school with him and he said that Bill said Quinton Jackson will fight Wanderlei Silva after Jackson K.O.'s Griffin

Lmao Rampage will not K.O Griffin
wolfman
6/8/08 5:57:32PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by lilz_gangsta

How do you see the fight going? I think Rampage has the ability to KO Griffin, but see Rampage winning by TKO. Rampage will drop him with a crushing right and finish him off on the ground in the 2nd.
juanez13
6/8/08 6:01:20PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by lilz_gangsta

How do you see the fight going? I think Rampage has the ability to KO Griffin, but see Rampage winning by TKO. Rampage will drop him with a crushing right and finish him off on the ground in the 2nd.

I think Rampage will hurt him with a shot, than KO him with a flurry ala the forrest/Jardine fight.
The_Ho_Bag
6/8/08 6:02:18PM
i see Forrest taking Page to ground and tapping him out they way he did shogun =] but im not taking anything from page i like Forrest better =]
Twenty20Dollars
6/8/08 6:30:20PM
i love your credit source haha.

since when is goldberg associated with UFC instead of EliteXC.

wandy would have to beat one of the contenders like thiago, rashad, or machida to even get in the title picture.
The_Italian_Stallion
6/8/08 6:47:40PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

Do you mean Mike Goldberg? Otherwise I don't know who this is.
The_Ho_Bag
6/8/08 6:56:01PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

Posted by lilz_gangsta

Do you mean Mike Goldberg? Otherwise I don't know who this is.

Bill is the wrestler dude
dannyfrank
6/8/08 9:37:44PM
i'm thinking silva is gonna get the hat trick
SpiderSilva
6/8/08 10:36:27PM
My wife picks Griffin and for some dumb F*cking reason if I pick the fights she tells me I would have a way better winning record its nuts how she picks winners I said Page and she laughed I my go with Forest I don't know
Mchubb316
6/8/08 10:41:57PM

Did you also think that Jardine could not KO Griffin? Why would't Rampage not be able to KO Griffin? It is a very likely scenerio.
The_Ho_Bag
6/9/08 6:38:34AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Did you also think that Jardine could not KO Griffin? Why would't Rampage not be able to KO Griffin? It is a very likely scenerio.

anything could happen like i didnt know chick would loose to jardine either but i dont see Forrest getting K.Oed
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/9/08 7:37:08AM
your friend is bill goldberg's nephew... BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA poor kid
emfleek
6/9/08 9:30:28AM
To whoever said that this would be a "Rubber Match"...it's not.

Silva has beaten Rampage twice. In order for it to qualify as a rubber match, each fighter has to have a win in the previous 2 fights against each other

In boxing, mixed martial arts, and other combat sports, a rubber match is the third fight between two fighters after the first two matches have been split. Often this is the last time the two people will fight and decides who will have the winning record, thus rubber matches are generally greatly anticipated and often have a higher purse than the earlier two fights. One of the most famous rubber matches to take place in boxing was between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, a fight dubbed the Thrilla in Manila. In mixed martial arts, notable rubber matches include Chuck Liddell vs. Randy Couture, in the UFC, and Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre, also in the UFC.

Sorry...I know I'm being anal.

bigbubbano23
6/9/08 11:35:47AM
no he won't.
vince25
6/9/08 12:34:52PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wolfman

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by lilz_gangsta

I think Rampage will hurt him with a shot, than KO him with a flurry ala the forrest/Jardine fight.

All of you are wrong. Forrest is going to win by anyway that he feels like winning by because he's that good.
teddythetuna
6/9/08 1:15:04PM
Wandy needs to start letting the knees fly again. His knees are devastating and he hasnt utilized them at all since coming back to the ufc. if he does this he will be the next LHW champ
The_Italian_Stallion
6/9/08 3:58:27PM

Posted by vince25
All of you are wrong. Forrest is going to win by anyway that he feels like winning by because he's that good.

And then fairys fly done and whisk forrest to happy-merry-funland

Forrests only shot is for a decision in this fight and that won't happen imo.
casey64
6/9/08 4:42:38PM
Go Silva!!!!!!!
vince25
6/9/08 11:22:22PM

Posted by vince25

well you have a naked fat man as your avatar, so you dont have much of an opinion.
holt8081
6/9/08 11:47:22PM
Only Time Will Tell, Cant Wait To See What Unfolds.
The_Italian_Stallion
6/10/08 1:37:10PM

Posted by vince25

Posted by vince25

well you have a naked fat man as your avatar, so you dont have much of an opinion.

How does my choice of avatar matter slightly in my opinion? The avatar wasn't even my choice so the point is moot and Rampage still wins 9 times out of 10!
vince25
6/10/08 11:18:41PM

Posted by vince25

Posted by vince25

How does my choice of avatar matter slightly in my opinion? The avatar wasn't even my choice so the point is moot and Rampage still wins 9 times out of 10!

How can you be a forrest fan and want rampage to win, because in that case you must want serra to beat GSP again.
Pookie
6/10/08 11:50:24PM

Posted by vince25

Posted by vince25

Posted by vince25

How can you be a forrest fan and want rampage to win, because in that case you must want serra to beat GSP again.

thats a silly question, of course you can be a fighters fan and want his opponent to win.

It just means you like the other guy more.
The_Italian_Stallion
6/11/08 9:06:31AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by vince25

Posted by vince25

Posted by vince25

thats a silly question, of course you can be a fighters fan and want his opponent to win.

It just means you like the other guy more.

Exactly and how the heck does serra get thrown into this? I hate both the serra's why would I want him to win against my favorite fighter?

Just because I like forrest more than quinton doesn't mean quinton is going to lose. He's just better than forrest and that's all there is to it.
Pages: [1] 2