Rampage claims to have found the spy.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage claims to have found the spy.
BuffaloDave
9/22/11 9:08:15PM
Just as the title says,

This is what he tweeted - Good news,we found the spy in our camp! Will tell u more after the fight

http://twitter.com/#!/Rampage4real

Can't wait to hear what he has to say.
Chael_Sonnen
9/22/11 9:43:22PM
So basically, Rampage is already setting up his excuse as to why he got his arse handed to him

War Bones!
shaneTpain
9/22/11 10:28:45PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

So basically, Rampage is already setting up his excuse as to why he got his arse handed to him

War Bones!

FastKnockout
9/22/11 10:41:29PM
From what I heard, Jones has been joking that it's Rampage's Chef, but there have been rumors floating around the Jackson Camp that some of these "spy" accusations are in fact true.
Twenty20Dollars
9/22/11 10:47:18PM
I spy with my little eye a black guy.
prophecy033
9/22/11 11:42:27PM

Posted by FastKnockout

From what I heard, Jones has been joking that it's Rampage's Chef, but there have been rumors floating around the Jackson Camp that some of these "spy" accusations are in fact true.

everybody knows everybody, regardless if its true or not, Rampage needs to focus on the dude he's fighting. His mind is always other places. For once he needs to forget about all the other stuff that's going on. Come on Page, we all wanna see you like you were in Pride, slamming the snot outta folks
telnights
9/23/11 12:46:16AM
Rampage needs to be less worried about a spy and more worried about how he is going to beat Jones. What is a spy really going to tell anyone anyways. Rampage is going to try to get on the inside and land a big hook or use his wrestling to take Jones down like the Henderson vs Rampage fight. Either way I'm fairly sure Jones is training for whatever Rampage does.
KungFuMaster
9/23/11 2:24:04AM

If these two even consider themselves as mma fighters, they should already know what each others' strategy is going to be...

Jones will simply come in like he is willing to stand up and trade. He will keep his distance and let the stand up play out a little and then when Rampage gets comfortable, he goes for the take down.

Rampage will come out crouching like he is ready to defend a take down but he won't. He is going to pressure Jones to fight and maybe even taunt him a little.

In the second round (if it makes it that far), the game plans will be thrown out the window. Rampage will come out ready to bang. He will press harder and taunt more. Jones, on the other hand, will say, "Screw the pretending to strike. I'm just going to take him down."

Both game plans are so obvious which make the whole spy thing irrelevant.
gartface
9/23/11 8:28:50AM
The UFC 135 Countdown show was very interesting. The way that things unfolded with the fake injury really leads me to believe that Jon Jones has someone on the inside. Whether that matters or not come fight night, I'm not sure, but it is still pretty shady.
prozacnation1978
9/23/11 8:34:28AM
Tar and feather him!!
SmileR
9/23/11 9:21:52AM

Posted by gartface

The UFC 135 Countdown show was very interesting. The way that things unfolded with the fake injury really leads me to believe that Jon Jones has someone on the inside. Whether that matters or not come fight night, I'm not sure, but it is still pretty shady.

people are breezing over it like its nothing an in any other sport there would be uproar about it. Imagine a spy in football being able to tell other teams where a team is weakest or the plays they are going to use would ruin the sport. I see no difference here.

If Rampage can prove it something should defiantly be done to make sure it doesn't happen again.
emfleek
9/23/11 9:26:46AM

Posted by SmileR

people are breezing over it like its nothing an in any other sport there would be uproar about it. Imagine a spy in football being able to tell other teams where a team is weakest or the plays they are going to use would ruin the sport. I see no difference here.

No need to imagine it. Belichick and the boys are guilty as charged.

gartface
9/23/11 9:27:57AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by gartface

If Rampage can prove it something should defiantly be done to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Exactly! It's an individual sport, and information like that can be really crucial. Jones kept saying "I don't need to spy, he's fought the same way for his whole career." He has to an extent, but he's mixed it up some depending on who he's fought, mixing in take downs and such.

The only thing about punishing the act, if caught, is what can you do? There's no fighter union, and it seems like it would be hard to prove. I'd love to see something done about it though.
cowcatcher
9/23/11 9:36:21AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by SmileR

Posted by gartface

Exactly! It's an individual sport, and information like that can be really crucial. Jones kept saying "I don't need to spy, he's fought the same way for his whole career." He has to an extent, but he's mixed it up some depending on who he's fought, mixing in take downs and such.

The only thing about punishing the act, if caught, is what can you do? There's no fighter union, and it seems like it would be hard to prove. I'd love to see something done about it though.

Street justice time!
gartface
9/23/11 9:44:22AM
If Rampage loses a title fight, is it almost a certainty that we'll see that big truck in the streets again? Too soon?
emfleek
9/23/11 9:48:05AM

Posted by gartface

If Rampage loses a title fight, is it almost a certainty that we'll see that big truck in the streets again? Too soon?

I'm not so sure about that but, if he loses, I'd put a small wager on him walking away from the sport...
gartface
9/23/11 10:01:33AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I'm not so sure about that but, if he loses, I'd put a small wager on him walking away from the sport...

Yeah, seems like the odds are pretty good for that happening. I'd hate to see him walk away from the sport though.
cowcatcher
9/23/11 10:14:56AM
The rumors that his heart isn't in fighting anymore have been out there for awhile now, he genuinely seems to take pre-fight hype to heart, and he seems to be easily rattled these days, so yeah I'm not sure how he handles it if/when he loses to Jones. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him hang 'em up, although I'm hoping for a small miracle and new LHW champ after Saturday so this would all be irrelevant.
emfleek
9/23/11 10:20:12AM

Posted by cowcatcher

although I'm hoping for a small miracle and new LHW champ after Saturday so this would all be irrelevant.

You and me both, brother.
gartface
9/23/11 10:32:52AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

although I'm hoping for a small miracle and new LHW champ after Saturday so this would all be irrelevant.

You and me both, brother.

+3, or 2, or however that math would work. What I'm trying to say, is that I agree as well!

I used to defend Jon Jones when people would say he sounded arrogant, but that was quite a while ago. It really shows through now. I want to see him humbled.
SpiderSilva
9/23/11 11:47:27AM
Well has anyone thought maybe Jones manager has the spy in there not Jones kawa is a ...... Also i have Been telling my friend and mrsspidersilva that Jones will beat the rampage out of Jackson and we might see him retire after the loss.imo i dont care who wins i just want a great fight
cowcatcher
9/23/11 11:50:36AM
Supposedly the spy has been identified. Rampage had been living/training at Musclepharm and a VP resigned over the incident according to Ariel Helwani's twitter.

twitter

resignation
gartface
9/23/11 1:21:32PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Supposedly the spy has been identified. Rampage had been living/training at Musclepharm and a VP resigned over the incident according to Ariel Helwani's twitter.

twitter

resignation

DUN DUN DUN!
Chael_Sonnen
9/23/11 1:29:23PM

Posted by gartface

Rampage needs to stay away from the energy drink diet.
kingsmasher
9/23/11 5:40:43PM

Posted by gartface

Man I cant believe this...You are obviously a huge Rampage fan....

IN fighting theres no way really to use a so-called spy...Man these guys know each other all ready....Theres really nothing a so-called spy could do unless it was a dam sparring partner of a fighter....A guy from Muscleparm telling Jones anything to benefit him is useless...I am so sure a guy from musclepharm knows the game plpan...We all know how Rampage fights...He plods forward with too much weight on his front foot...Watch Jon Jones end his career Sat Night when he kicks that knee...

The only spy Jon Jones has is Greg Jackson who knows what Rampage is good and isnt good at...The rest is big time irrelevance...
cowcatcher
9/23/11 6:30:29PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by gartface

IN fighting theres no way really to use a so-called spy...Man these guys know each other all ready....Theres really nothing a so-called spy could do unless it was a dam sparring partner of a fighter....A guy from Muscleparm telling Jones anything to benefit him is useless...I am so sure a guy from musclepharm knows the game plpan...We all know how Rampage fights...He plods forward with too much weight on his front foot...Watch Jon Jones end his career Sat Night when he kicks that knee...

The only spy Jon Jones has is Greg Jackson who knows what Rampage is good and isnt good at...The rest is big time irrelevance...

You've missed the point. The "spy" revealed a fake injury to the Jones camp. He wasn't there to spy on Page's new capoeira techniques. If your opponent knows exactly what's hurt it's an advantage. This isn't that tough to grasp...
Pookie
9/23/11 7:37:20PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by gartface

Is that a fact, doctor?