Rampage to get August Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage to get August Title Shot
Wolfenstein
4/21/09 11:33:58PM
Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson has been pencilled in for an August shot at the light-heavyweight title, Fighters Only has been told.

Former champion Jackson might headline either UFC 102 or UFC 103, the latter possibly being a UK event, according to an industry source.

link
seanfu
4/21/09 11:58:39PM
Great I can't wait to see Rampage get knocked out by Lyoto Machida! That's right, I'm huggin him nuttless
BelXavier420
4/21/09 11:59:22PM
I hate to say it but I don't know if I believe that guy. He said something in that article I am still pondering.

"With 13 and 14 wins respectively, Both Evans and Machida are unbeaten in their careers and the match is the first time that two unbeaten fighters have competed for the UFC light-heavyweight belt, with the winner going on to be the first undefeated fighter ever to hold that belt."

Wouldn't Rashad currently holding "that belt" be undefeated?
GSPCanada
4/22/09 12:14:57AM
I had already heard jackson would not be back until october. nvm then. I guess all the rua threads to need to figure out a new opponent for shogun
Bloodhound
4/22/09 12:19:36AM
good news, but igot a feeling Lyoto's gonan beat Rashad....and Rampage Vs Lyoto imo makes for a boring match but i would love to see it either way....i think if its Rampage Vs Rashad its gonna be a crazy fight
Drudinh
4/22/09 1:06:49AM
I'd rather see him just fight Rashad regaurdless. It would be a much more interesting fight then him getting picked apart by Machida.
MMAcca
4/22/09 1:13:18AM
UFC 103 is scheduled for September, so this will probably take place at UFC 102.

Either way, i think Machida retains.
prozacnation1978
4/22/09 2:46:51AM
i doubt it will be 102
i think silva will defend his title at 102
lohmann
4/22/09 2:58:36AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i doubt it will be 102
i think silva will defend his title at 102

I think so too, but I would not be surprised if a middleweight title defense is featured on a card as a secondary or co-main event. I don't think the UFC trusts Silva's drawing power anymore; there are rumors that UFC 97 didn't do well, and the Leites fight definitely doesn't help Silva's selling power. A Machida win over Evans for the 205 title would probably force UFC into booking something extravagant in order to draw considerable interest in two of their champions. (There's also the tiny chance that Zuffa are pulling the trigger on St. Pierre/Silva fight, and if that's true, there's no way that happens in August.)

Looking forward to seeing Jackson again too. I'm interested to see how he fares against either Machida or Evans.
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/09 10:29:27AM
Whenever rampage fights atleast it will most likely be for the title.
sclasclemski
4/22/09 6:42:19PM

Posted by BelXavier420

I hate to say it but I don't know if I believe that guy. He said something in that article I am still pondering.

"With 13 and 14 wins respectively, Both Evans and Machida are unbeaten in their careers and the match is the first time that two unbeaten fighters have competed for the UFC light-heavyweight belt, with the winner going on to be the first undefeated fighter ever to hold that belt."

A correction was issued at the end of the article.

Personally I don't think Rampage fights in August...I would say more likely September....

I think if Anderson fights at 102 it will be at LHW as a co-main event to the Nogueria-Couture fight
BelXavier420
4/22/09 10:25:08PM

Posted by sclasclemski

Posted by BelXavier420

A correction was issued at the end of the article.

Personally I don't think Rampage fights in August...I would say more likely September....

I think if Anderson fights at 102 it will be at LHW as a co-main event to the Nogueria-Couture fight

Glad that he changed it, it made him sound pretty silly. Rampage will take time off, he even stated that he wanted to spend time with his family. I think with his new training camp a little time off wont hurt him as before. I am convinced he is a much more dedicated fighter then in the years past. It might take a while but he will have the belt again. You can count on that!