Rampage arrested in California, Dana White posting his bail (Official story from Yahoo!)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage arrested in California, Dana White posting his bail (Official story from Yahoo!)
« Previous Page
4u2nv
7/16/08 9:13:39AM
what a mistake.... a mistake that may cost him his carrer, family and fans. Next step for him is to drop out the UFC and go fight in Japan. Such a stupid stupid mistake.

Epic Fail for Rampage... and i was one of his fans.
moob
7/16/08 9:44:39AM

Posted by RNC

Rampage may have a temper but he's not stupid.

Are you serious?

What he did weren't the actions of a stupid person?
Pyrenus
7/16/08 9:52:32AM
I bet no one messes with him in prison.
Darnok
7/16/08 11:12:14AM
Maybe this was a way of getting publicity to boost the PPV when he fights Forrest.
kaduey
7/16/08 11:17:15AM

Posted by imanidiot777

He's doing his best Jesse Taylor imitation.

Don't compare hit and runs to pissing and humiliating yourself.
DevonFoxy
7/16/08 11:36:58AM

Posted by moob

This is ridiculous I agree what Rampage did was misguided and not the brightest thing but to say he is stupid is a stupid statement. He made a bad call which is going to cost the sport yes but he also is human. He made a mistake and I'm sure he freaked out. Don't tell me at the spur of the moment none of us could do the exact same thing.

Rampage made a mistake but to call him stupid is very disrespectful. He freaked out. Clearly it wasn't the best option but if he could go back I'm sure he would change what he did. He freaked out he's human jeesh I understand it was a horrible lack of judgment but to call him stupid.....I just wish you would say that to his face....because you wouldn't. I don't think you can call a guy stupid who made a mistake as thats what it was a mistake.
MaxOne
7/16/08 11:42:34AM
You don't to be dumb to do something stupid. Everyone has done something stupid. This is pretty extreme but who knows what all was going on....I don't.
sambaker425
7/16/08 12:30:31PM
LISTEN TO RAMPAGE THE DAY BEFORE HE DOESNT SOUND LIKE THE RAMPAGE WE ALL LOVE. THERE HAD TO BE SOMETHING GOING ON IN HIS HEAD YESTERDAY. THATS NOT THE REAL RAMPAGE
http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1670053929
DaMaGeInC
7/16/08 12:37:14PM
damnit Rampage what a mistake i hope he doesnt get into alot of trouble but it doesnt look good. at least its not all over espn right now.
The_Italian_Stallion
7/16/08 12:42:24PM
I feel bad for this guy... really bad.

I mean this is as rock bottom as you can get while being a rich famous fighter. The guy just lost his first fight in 3 years, he blew a big win streak, AND lost his title all in one night... and then this.

Well it's his own fault... it sucks though.
Darnok
7/16/08 12:56:16PM

Posted by sambaker425

LISTEN TO RAMPAGE THE DAY BEFORE HE DOESNT SOUND LIKE THE RAMPAGE WE ALL LOVE. THERE HAD TO BE SOMETHING GOING ON IN HIS HEAD YESTERDAY. THATS NOT THE REAL RAMPAGE

He seemed depressed or something. But no offense I would be dreppresed losing to Forrest.
wrona666
7/16/08 1:01:38PM

Posted by Darnok

Posted by sambaker425

He seemed depressed or something. But no offense I would be dreppresed losing to Forrest.

Im sure Forrest would probably whoop your ass so id keep those coments to yourself.....
Wolfenstein
7/16/08 1:09:46PM
"This is ridiculous I agree what Rampage did was misguided and not the brightest thing but to say he is stupid is a stupid statement. He made a bad call which is going to cost the sport yes but he also is human. He made a mistake and I'm sure he freaked out. Don't tell me at the spur of the moment none of us could do the exact same thing. "

He's driving onto sidewalks, smashing into other cars, leading the police in a chase on a bare rim tire. That's way beyond misguided. That is plain stupidity and someone could have been seriously injured...or worse yet killed. I can only speak for myself but I would never do anything remotely like that. Never. Maybe some people with some major anger management issues would but 99.9% of the population wouldn't I'd wager.

He's lucky he's going to have some people behind him who have a lot of money because he'll need it considering all the civil suits he'll be facing.

I like Rampage, but it's pretty disconcerting that he can fly off the handle like that. It begs the question what he's capable of if. In a spout of rage could he kill someone? It might be an unfair question but it's the types of questions he'll be facing.

I have to say, I've lost some respect for Rampage, though I hope he can pull hmself together.

O-Guns
7/16/08 1:19:53PM
Wow! Bad for the sports image for sure. But what did you expect...... Ghetto will be Ghetto!!!

Man~ and you guys where hard on Mac Danzig on the Forrest/Rampage quote

"You know, Forrest trained hard for this fight and it showed. He was training in the gym everyday, not running around with a chain around his neck, telling people he's a thug."

Mac saw something in rampage....... what do they say? A picture is worth a thousand words"........

moob
7/16/08 1:28:37PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by moob

This is ridiculous I agree what Rampage did was misguided and not the brightest thing but to say he is stupid is a stupid statement. He made a bad call which is going to cost the sport yes but he also is human. He made a mistake and I'm sure he freaked out. Don't tell me at the spur of the moment none of us could do the exact same thing.

Rampage made a mistake but to call him stupid is very disrespectful. He freaked out. Clearly it wasn't the best option but if he could go back I'm sure he would change what he did. He freaked out he's human jeesh I understand it was a horrible lack of judgment but to call him stupid.....I just wish you would say that to his face....because you wouldn't. I don't think you can call a guy stupid who made a mistake as thats what it was a mistake.

How many stupids can you get into one ridiculous tirade?

The guy is driving like a maniac, crashing into cars, endangering others lifes whilst trying to evade the police in a giant truck with his image emblazoned all over it - and you reckon that's not stupid?

I like rampage as a fighter, but what he did was stupid - argue over the semantics of it for as long as you wish, but there's really no other more appropriate word to describe his actions.
The-Don
7/16/08 1:44:16PM
Rampage went on a rampage... So what.. like he is the first person in LA to lead the cops on a chase? Nor is he going to be the last... He made a mistake... the important thing will be to see how he deals with it all.. is he going to won up and say he messed up or is he going to place the blame on everyone else... The man is human went fom ridsing on top of the MMA world to losing.. Think how any of you would be if you were in that situation... I get pissed when I used to lose baseball games or tennis matches and such... Some people have a hard time dealing with anger or expressing thier emotions... This was not the brightest way he could have handled things.. but lets see hgow things play out before we judge him...
xtra_chewy
7/16/08 2:07:36PM
Not good news. Not at all.
iwannabesedated
7/16/08 2:09:07PM
Running from the Police is pretty stupid.Unless you got a trunk full of coke,guns and dead bodies...Because then you might as well make the most of the situation and enjoy your time before you get locked-up.
teddythetuna
7/16/08 2:09:59PM
Maybe now Machida will get his title shot
Darnok
7/16/08 2:20:35PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Darnok

Posted by sambaker425

Im sure Forrest would probably whoop your ass so id keep those coments to yourself.....

I am twice his size and been fighting way longer than he has.
moob
7/16/08 2:41:43PM

Posted by Darnok

...and I guess that's why he's a champion of the sport and you're posting on an internet forum.
jimmypockets
7/16/08 3:16:45PM
Yeah losing to a real badass like Wandy is hard enough to take but to lose to Forrest Griffin, who I am giving the Indian name "White Man Monkey Face", has to be really hard to take. If his bail was only 20-25 thousand then I am sure his lawyers can get jail time off the table. For those who haven't been arrested or don't really know how the justice system works here is a quick summary........The more money you give, the less time you shall receive. I
wrona666
7/16/08 3:16:59PM

Posted by Darnok

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Darnok

Posted by sambaker425

I guess thats why your the UFC Champion then huh?????
You are obviously a bad ass with a keyboard
Darnok
7/16/08 3:36:07PM
Wow some people just can't handle a little criticism against their beloved Forrest. Grow up people.
moob
7/16/08 4:09:32PM

Posted by Darnok

Wow some people just can't handle a little criticism against their beloved Forrest. Grow up people.

Not at all...some people just live in reality and your statement is proof you...don't!
wrona666
7/16/08 4:41:01PM

Posted by Darnok

Im not even a fan of Forrest i just think your extremely ignorant
Aaronno9
7/18/08 8:53:33AM
Haha. I love it when people actually say they could beat a pro fighter on internet forums. Its like, are you serious?

I guess im bigger than b.j penn, so that must mean i would beat him. Awesome.
SiccRick
8/2/08 11:46:38PM
Great 9-1-1 reinact Bo that had me

I wonder how Forest feels?

I think Rampage's actions were caused by the loss of his title. I remember rampage saying on the TUF season he coached that he had a bad temper, honestly what would piss you off more then losing your title?

As far as him doing his Jesse Taylor impersonation I didn't read the offical report on it but was alcohol involved?
cmill21
8/3/08 12:13:52AM

Posted by SiccRick

Great 9-1-1 reinact Bo that had me

I wonder how Forest feels?

I think Rampage's actions were caused by the loss of his title. I remember rampage saying on the TUF season he coached that he had a bad temper, honestly what would piss you off more then losing your title?

As far as him doing his Jesse Taylor impersonation I didn't read the offical report on it but was alcohol involved?

Rampage has always battled personal problems. I think this had more to do with losing not only his coach and father figure but also finding out that that father figure was stealing money from you.
Pages: 1 [2]