Rampage arrested in California, Dana White posting his bail (Official story from Yahoo!)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage arrested in California, Dana White posting his bail (Official story from Yahoo!)
Next Page »
xphycorx
7/15/08 9:04:16PM
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was arrested and held on $25,000 bail following a traffic accident Tuesday in Costa Mesa, Calif.

linky link
telnights
7/15/08 9:10:54PM
Yeah I was shocked when I read this but it looks to be true. The photos can be found HERE. Man I would like to think he didn't do this but the photos tell a different story. He will be lucky not to do some time for this. Evading and hit & run are no joke, I would say we wont be seeing Rampage fight for at least 1-2 years.
loffspring
7/15/08 9:13:46PM
What the hell Rampage!?!
BigTomZ
7/15/08 9:20:51PM
Why the hell would you run from the police in a truck that has a big picture of yourself on the side of it? Running from the police is already a bad idea, but that makes it even more foolish.
Naturaldisaster
7/15/08 9:21:20PM
Im still shocked about it.
ufcboss
7/15/08 9:28:02PM
OH MY GOD! LOL!

This is a (another) sad day for rampage fans, Im not trying to have a dig, But that is F'd up.

Cant wait to find out why he did this, Crazy shit!!!!
gonjaghost
7/15/08 9:59:22PM
Good god its not that bad no one was injured man got scared most would have done the same if u had the money he makes.
Aaronno9
7/15/08 10:08:59PM

Posted by gonjaghost

Good god its not that bad no one was injured man got scared most would have done the same if u had the money he makes.

Well i think somebody on the money he makes would of actually been more likely to just stop and get arrested or try and sort it out on the scene rather than run. I mean, if he'd done that it probably wouldnt be that big of a deal, its the running thats made the situation so bad. I doubt it would get nearly as much coverage as its going to get now.
juanez13
7/15/08 10:12:43PM

Posted by gonjaghost

imanidiot777
7/15/08 10:24:28PM
He's doing his best Jesse Taylor imitation.
Sam_Rothstein
7/15/08 10:38:28PM
Jackson is one of my favorite fighters......

but what kind of idiot tries to perform a hit and run when he is driving a truck with a huge picture of himself on it
prozacnation1978
7/15/08 10:44:48PM
no immediate rematch now
DevonFoxy
7/15/08 10:45:24PM
I don't know if Rampage has any priors but I can see him getting probation and community service along with a heft fine and house arrest. I'm not too worried about the time but I am worried about what happened to make him do this.

I don't think it will be a year or two before we see him but I think its a safe bet he won't be fighting Forrest for the title.

Im prayen for probation though as I think something had to be up for him to do this. It may have to do with his temper but he seems very level so something had to set him off.
Naturaldisaster
7/15/08 10:46:36PM

Posted by gonjaghost

exact opposite for me. I would have stopped. because gettin in a wreck isnt nearly as bad as getting in a wreck and fleeing the scene
bojangalz
7/15/08 10:57:52PM
I'm a cop, and dumb criminals never suprise me one bit... But can you imagine that 911 tape from the first H&R?

Operator... 911 whats your emergancy?

poor b@stard... Umm yeah, I was just hit buy a big f'n truck. Can you send someone out here?

Operator... OK sir, we've got officers en route. Can you describe the truck to me?

victim... Well, lets see. It was a black ford monster truck.

Operator... Monster truck sir?

Vic... Yeah! you should have seen it. It was jacked up about as tall as a house. There was this beast painted on the side too.

Operator... A beast sir?

Vic... Yeah! You should have seen him! I think he was being held down by a chain, I can't be too sure though. It all happened so fast.

Operator... Did you see the driver at all sir?

Vic... No, but as he came up along side of me I could see the car that was driving on the other side of the truck...Does that help at all? I sure hope that beast wasn't in there.

Operator.. Ok sir, just one second.

Operator... Dispatch to all units- be on the lookout for a large dark colored pick-up truck, approximately the size of a house with likely driver's side damage. Truck was described as having graphics along the side, and possibly driven by a beast.

Operator. Sir, units are on there way.

I can't believe a they actually found him... I'm sure that truck just blends right in. Moron. Its probably good that Rampage found his brain before he got out of the truck. I'm not certain how kindly California's finest would have taken to the whole "Do you know who I am?!" routine.

None of this matters though. His lawyer will get him out of any criminal charges. But I'd be a little concerned about that civil suit if I was him.
KingCreep
7/15/08 11:08:36PM
first thing i thought when i saw all this chaos was "DAYUM!". priceless, just priceless.
bullettdodger
7/15/08 11:17:36PM
He does Six months MAX, but I really am so disappointed. I like rampage a lot. He has always come off quite jovial and I always liked hearing him weigh in on things. I hope its not something serious that caused him to do this.
RNC
7/15/08 11:29:29PM
I don't see him doing any time. Probation and community service are more likely, and a large fine is for certain.

I don't know what could have made him possibly do this unless he was drunk when the hit and run occured. But it doesn't seem like that was the case because nothing was said.

Something must have been up though. Rampage may have a temper but he's not stupid.
bojangalz
7/15/08 11:30:51PM
How pissed is Toyo Tires right now?! Whats there sales pitch now? I know this much... "Toyo Tires, we'll never let you down." is deffinately out of the question.
juanez13
7/15/08 11:33:03PM
I think he got caught up on the high while he was the champ, everyone praising him etc...and now that he lost he got down on himself, and those people telling him he should have won arent really helping him to deal with that loss. than he probably just exploded with rage.

but thats just my $0.2 cents, for all we know Page wanted to try out his new tires and see how much they'd last before one of em' exploded.

All in all, I Blame GTA 4 for what Rampage did...
The_hungry_lumberjack
7/15/08 11:48:41PM
Shhhhh! Be veeeeewy vewwwwy quiet.... I'm hunting wampages huhuhuhuhuhuha!

Even Elmer Fudd could have found rampage *rolls eyes*
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
loller90278
7/16/08 12:14:56AM
hopefully ibarra can contest this decision and overturn it
MaxOne
7/16/08 12:19:01AM
Do we know if the other vehicle had a picture of Forrest Griffin on it?
GrandMaster313
7/16/08 12:35:14AM
i dont understand y Celebrity's do such dumb-ass things. they have everything and jus piss everything away without a care in the world.????????????

Dumb move buddy!

jakeiceman
7/16/08 12:58:16AM

Posted by bojangalz

I'm a cop

Right on, me too brotha!

Sam_Rothstein
7/16/08 1:33:02AM

Posted by loller90278

hopefully ibarra can contest this decision and overturn it

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
RMFG_187
7/16/08 2:46:41AM
I thought Rampage drove an Audi TT... Instead of the Car built for his ego. Imagine having a Huge Decal of urself on the side of ur Truck.

Rampage doesn't have to worry about jail. No one messed with Tyson, definitely wont mess with Page.
StriderXero
7/16/08 6:32:56AM
I'm thinking he might have problems at home. Maybe with the wife. It says he was talking on the phone, and driving with a flat at the same time. So I dont think we should be too quick to judge the poor guy. I'm pretty sure, alot of the Rampage haters are eating this up.

If you wanna talk about a stupid MMA fighter, I'd suggest Krazy Horse
jakeiceman
7/16/08 6:42:51AM

Posted by StriderXero

I'm thinking he might have problems at home. Maybe with the wife. It says he was talking on the phone, and driving with a flat at the same time. So I dont think we should be too quick to judge the poor guy. I'm pretty sure, alot of the Rampage haters are eating this up.

Ha ha I get pissed at women all the time and I dont run into a half dozen cars and run pedestrians off the sidewalk all while being pursued by the police...come on man!

All aside I'm not bashing on Page, I'm actually curious to see his side of the story because this is a pretty crazy situation.

StriderXero
7/16/08 8:10:13AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by StriderXero

Ha ha I get pissed at women all the time and I dont run into a half dozen cars and run pedestrians off the sidewalk all while being pursued by the police...come on man!

All aside I'm not bashing on Page, I'm actually curious to see his side of the story because this is a pretty crazy situation.

yeah, i know whatchu mean. I think rampage just had a crazy moment. I think all of us have had one, but prolly not to the extent of rampage's. either way, i'm curious aswell to see what rampage has to say. Maybe he needs counseling...
Pages: [1] 2