Rampage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage
« Previous Page
AlmightyThor
4/3/07 8:15:28PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

well i guess what im trying to say is obviously rampage is an awesome fighter with well rounded skills...but he doesnt have a single skill that is extremely good...examples - GSP, Liddell, Fedor... all GREAT wrestlers with GREAT striking...Nog - 3/4" steel chin with amazing BJJ, Hunt - Steel chin and REALLY heavy hands... Rampage in my eyes has good hands, good chin, and good wrestling but none of them is just awesome...

rampage is widely known for his slams.

and chin
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/07 8:39:22PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Christianity hasn't hurt Randy

actually its the exact opposite....thats why randy didnt come back to 205...
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/07 8:42:33PM

Posted by AlmightyThor

Posted by loller90278]

and chin

if you think chuck is going to be slammed you should stop posting... this fight is not going to hit the ground for even 30 seconds... and he has a pretty good chin but ha im willing to bet chuck is going to throw a good bit of body shots...
johny_rotten
4/3/07 9:40:52PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by AlmightyThor

Posted by loller90278]

and chin

if you think chuck is going to be slammed you should stop posting... this fight is not going to hit the ground for even 30 seconds... and he has a pretty good chin but ha im willing to bet chuck is going to throw a good bit of body shots...

The idea of Rampage slamming Chuck isn't very far fetched. In the first fight if Chuck didn't cheat and grab the rope Rampage would have slammed him through the ring. He did still secure a very nice slam. He also won the fight on the ground with GNP.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/3/07 9:47:24PM
its very possible that Chuck can get slammed,if Rampage gets into trouble on his feet.....if he pushes Chuck into the fence,im sure he can lift him from behind his knee and slam him on the mat...similar to how Cote slammed Scott Smith in their last fight......but again,only if Rampage is in trouble on the feet..which i doubt.....

If Rampage can handle 30 knees to the face before going down, im sure he can take chucks best shots.

im willing to put half of my bankroll on Rampage winning...but i already have a taker....i wont mention any names,but i will give you a hint.....he likes to smack hippies...
CincySaint
4/3/07 10:13:42PM
You all bring up really good points, and I do not know how this one will turn out. But the one change i see as most important is Xyience, or however you spell it. I think the last fight was pre-xyience Chuck and now it is post-xyience CHuck. I think that stuff gives him the energy to compensate for his supposed lack of stamina. I haven't seen the Rampage fight in a while but i seem to remember chuck sort of gassing. I can't remember for sure though. I thinkt his will definitely be one of the better fights, possibly of all time, but who knows. We do know the both want to knock each other out, and both have the capabilities... Can't wait for this one!!!!
mkiv9secsupra
4/4/07 12:51:05AM

Posted by CincySaint

You all bring up really good points, and I do not know how this one will turn out. But the one change i see as most important is Xyience, or however you spell it. I think the last fight was pre-xyience Chuck and now it is post-xyience CHuck. I think that stuff gives him the energy to compensate for his supposed lack of stamina. I haven't seen the Rampage fight in a while but i seem to remember chuck sort of gassing. I can't remember for sure though. I thinkt his will definitely be one of the better fights, possibly of all time, but who knows. We do know the both want to knock each other out, and both have the capabilities... Can't wait for this one!!!!

yes he did gas... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT?! CHUCK SAID IT HIMSELF: CHUCK DID NOT FINISH TRAINING. HE WAS ORDERED TO BED REST FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS DURING HIS TRAINING. HE SAID THAT IS WHY HE GASSED SOOOO FREAKIN EASILY.... chuck didnt have the knockout power almost as soon as 5 minutes into the match... Chuck doesnt let anyone get in close anymore... you can see his past 7 fights he uses his elbows very intelligently when the opponent is in close...he sticks the elbows in their face or hits them with the elbow...and in the cage liddell is the "master" of using the cage to stay up...
loller90278
4/4/07 3:01:04AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by CincySaint

yes he did gas... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT?! CHUCK SAID IT HIMSELF: CHUCK DID NOT FINISH TRAINING. HE WAS ORDERED TO BED REST FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS DURING HIS TRAINING. HE SAID THAT IS WHY HE GASSED SOOOO FREAKIN EASILY.... chuck didnt have the knockout power almost as soon as 5 minutes into the match... Chuck doesnt let anyone get in close anymore... you can see his past 7 fights he uses his elbows very intelligently when the opponent is in close...he sticks the elbows in their face or hits them with the elbow...and in the cage liddell is the "master" of using the cage to stay up...

so if and when chuck loses this fight, will you blame it on the pneumonia he had?

ps- why would xyience even be considered as a variable on winning?
mkiv9secsupra
4/4/07 1:16:19PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

so if and when chuck loses this fight, will you blame it on the pneumonia he had?

Pneumonia isnt putting him on bed rest while he is training is it?! NO...
And when Liddell KO's Jackson....

ps- do you train at all? Supplements like that REALLY do help a lot...
AlmightyThor
4/4/07 10:21:12PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by loller90278

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Pneumonia isnt putting him on bed rest while he is training is it?! NO...
And when Liddell KO's Jackson....

ps- do you train at all? Supplements like that REALLY do help a lot...

Just like trimspa helped anna nicole smith... look at her now shes dead, and she didnt even have to get through rampage either. but all seriousness aside. Chuck also said he was winning the match until he got tired. TOTAL B.S. ...Personally i dont think chuck will get slammed. but he will get taken down. i really dont see chuck punching rampage harder than wanderlei kneed him. But granted if chuck can land a 50 punch super combo-flurry its all over for rampage. I mean really that would probably hurt... bloody his nose and everything.
u_f_c
4/7/07 1:33:29AM
I think chuck's advantages are always the same coming into every fight hes going into, he's got great takedown defense and is one of the best strikers in the lightheavy category, I truely think that chuck has gotten way better since their last fight. However, Rampage is just a flippin savage. in their first fight i saw Rampage take down chuck and make him look like an amature in mma. Both of them are very good fighters, but i think chucks keeping his belt.
Pages: 1 [2]