'Rampage': ''I’m happy to be back and ready to whoop some ***''

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 'Rampage': ''I’m happy to be back and ready to whoop some ***''
MMAcca
12/17/09 9:56:28AM
The next part of the Rampage interview i posted earlier this week:

Speaking about the way he feels ahead of his return to the octagon next year, “Rampage” said:

“Despite the way I feel about the UFC and Dana White and some of the fans who don’t know what the hell’s going on, I am happy to be back and be ready to whoop some ass and stuff like that. Don’t take me the wrong, but I don’t think people understand I’m a human being and I have feelings.

Say you do everything you can for somebody or say you spoil a kid, you have kids that are spoilt and kids that are spoilt rotten. You do everything for them and they just walk all over you, they don’t do nothing back for you cos you’ve spoilt them rotten so you get kinda sour. That’s kinda where I’m at right now, I’m kinda sour.”

Rest HERE
submissionartist1
12/17/09 11:36:55AM
well at least rampage knows he acts like a spoiled kid and that the ufc has done every thing they can for him!
sbulldavid
12/17/09 12:04:48PM
The UFC only cares about what Dana White wants, Rampage might have made an ass of himself, but Dana White is a control freak, The UFC is turning into the evil empire. Dana does need an ass kicking, he's another cocky loud mouth.
Jackelope
12/17/09 12:46:18PM
I think Rampage has to understand here that the fans aren't mad at him because he decided to act. They're mad at him because of the timing in which he chose to do it. We had to sit there and watch him trash talk Rashad Evans knowing full well the whole time that he didn't really mean it. If he really wanted to fight him that badly that's all he would have thought about and he wouldn't have sidetracked himself by doing a movie.

Rampage you can do whatever the hell you want... you're a "grown ass man"... but you took an epic grudge match battle away from the fans. That's what they're pissed about. There's going to be some fall out from that noise.
SmileR
12/17/09 4:05:22PM

Posted by Jackelope

I think Rampage has to understand here that the fans aren't mad at him because he decided to act. They're mad at him because of the timing in which he chose to do it. We had to sit there and watch him trash talk Rashad Evans knowing full well the whole time that he didn't really mean it. If he really wanted to fight him that badly that's all he would have thought about and he wouldn't have sidetracked himself by doing a movie.

Rampage you can do whatever the hell you want... you're a "grown ass man"... but you took an epic grudge match battle away from the fans. That's what they're pissed about. There's going to be some fall out from that noise.

I get where you're coming from and it was one of the reasons I wasn't that impressed with this years TUF. But even if you hated a guy enough talk that much trash and then someone comes along and says here's a million dollars for 4 months work I'd forget all about that guy and take the million dollars.

I always knew Rampage would be back, he's too good a fighter to walk away now and he's too big a personality for the UFC to not want him back. I'm with you 100% for the reason the fans are pissed at him though.
It made TUF less dramatic and with the poor showing in the fights it left the show lacking a climax.
The silver lining is still there though, now Rampage is officially back the fight with Rashad is back on regardless of Rashad wins or not.
Lil_Copper
12/17/09 9:47:06PM

Posted by submissionartist1

well at least rampage knows he acts like a spoiled kid and that the ufc has done every thing they can for him!

You sir are dead wrong.
Dana made Rampage fight on numerous accounts when Rampage didn't feel like he could or just couldn't.

In the end Dana is all to blame.
telnights
12/18/09 3:03:24PM

Posted by Lil_Copper

Posted by submissionartist1

You sir are dead wrong.
Dana made Rampage fight on numerous accounts when Rampage didn't feel like he could or just couldn't.

In the end Dana is all to blame.

Umm really.........Dana forced Rampage to fight? Last time I checked they don't force people to do anything. It was Rampages choice to say yes or no and Dana has no control over that. If Rampage didn't want to fight Rashad then he should have said no to Tuf and moved on but he didn't. He agreed to do Tuf and by doing so agreed to fight Rashad just like he agreed to all his other fights. Rampage is a grown man and to blame Dana for Rampages actions is just crazy.
jocksmall
12/19/09 4:19:41PM
rampage pulled out of a fight everyone wanted to see so he deserves critisim. but dana acted like a little kid who wont say anything to you when you are in his presence. then when he is a block away yells at you or talks behind your back and explains it all away as business. dana wants to be the man and his antics dont help business as he tries to say they do.
NatedawgThaM
12/19/09 7:02:06PM
It was one of those boyfriend/Girlfriend type crap. You know where you piss your girlfriend(sadly rampage) and she runs to her friends(movies) and when shes with them she thinks she don't need you and could be better off without you her boyfriend(UFC & Dana). But next day(next fight) he realizes how dumb that one and how much they "LOVE" you.

hahaha funny comparison.My main point being once Rampage gets back in there he'll get his love back and get his hunger back for that title! He ain't going anywhere. Can't wait to start seeing Rampage start knocking fools head off again!!!
keepyourhandsup
12/21/09 3:10:12PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

once Rampage gets back in there he'll get his love back and get his hunger back for that title! He ain't going anywhere. Can't wait to start seeing Rampage start knocking fools head off again!!!

I love watching Jackson fight, he is a talented, exciting fighter that I've been following for years. I'm not interested in seeing him fight Rashad, but after all the build up, it's got to happen out of just the principal.

As for Dana, this is his thing, he is a tough negotiator that uses PR aggressively to influence fighters, promotions and hype. I've seen him interact with people on the street. He seems like a good dude from what I can tell. So, I never get too excited about the evil empire meme.

I just can't wait to see Rampage back fighting.

warglory
12/21/09 6:37:12PM
This whole debacle was all on Rampage. Everyone here knows that Dana is over-emotional, and obviously took it personally when Rampage pulled out of a very publicized fight in order to go do a movie. And at the time, it wasn't just a "I am going to do this movie and then come back" he clearly stated he was retiring from fighting. Dana and his fans had every right to be pissed off, as with Rashad who put a lot of time and energy into this fight. It's on Rampage now to make amends, not Dana or anyone else.