The Ramifications of DREAM.11

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Ramifications of DREAM.11
emfleek
10/7/09 9:21:24AM
Last night, DREAM returned to primetime on the Tokyo Broadcasting System for the first time since May. Following the show, event producer Keiichi Sasahara remarked that he was "expecting a good TV rating," and today it looks like he was right.

Via Tony Loiseleur:

Sasahara reporting that last night's rating for Dream 11 on TBS was 12.7%, clocking in at no.2-most watched show during the primetime slot.

CONTINUED...
jiujitsufreak74
10/7/09 11:21:56AM
that is refreshing to hear. the Japanese and their affinity for the Super Hulk match lol. but in all seriousness this is a great sine for the health of global MMA and shows Dream has some real lasting power
SpiderSilva
10/7/09 1:24:34PM
I hope it got good ratings cause it was a hell of a show
IriShame
10/7/09 9:19:27PM
Thank god. I really hope Japanese MMA can continue to thrive and support two major organizations in DREAM and Sengoku. The two seem to compliment each other perfectly and could form a mutually beneficial "rivalry" that could stoke the fires of Japanese MMA for years to come.

Plus, as long as Japanese MMA lives on we will always have an outlet for a good old fashioned freak fight. Which, I would argue, is a cornerstone of MMA and though it may seem asinine to watch a 7'2" korean guy fight Jose Canseco, it's certainly entertaining. The freak fight must never be allowed to vanish from MMA entirely and Japan provides the safest haven for MMA's guilty pleasure.