Most Rage Inducing Videogames

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Most Rage Inducing Videogames
UFC_Fanatic
8/3/13 6:08:02PM
I recently picked up the wii again and hooked that sumbitch up to play me some smash bros brawl and Mario Kart wii. Well I've been playing Mario Kart Wii trying to unlock everything since and I got to say, it is the absolute most rage inducing game I've ever played. That's not really anything new to me. The mario kart games have been extremely aggravating since day one, but I have to say, since the addition of the blue shell in Mario Kart 64 if I recall right, it has been even more infuriating. I rage quit the last race I played when I was just inches from the finish line and had a sizable lead (like 8 or 9 seconds or so) and I got hit with a blue shell, then 2 red shells, then another blue shell, and another red shell, all right in a row before I could make any progress and ended up taking third place because of it. So yeah, my pick for most rage inducing game of all time has to go to Mario Kart. What are your guys' thoughts? What game tends to bring the rage out in you?
george112
8/3/13 6:10:53PM
Halo 4 for me

Try hards+lag+noob kills = BROKEN CONTROLLER
jakewalters
8/3/13 6:13:18PM
Max Payne 1. No question. More rage/psychosis incuding
frizzzlecake
8/3/13 6:18:36PM
Dark Souls, the gave even say's on the back: "you will die." The game solo is hard enough, but online people will just come into your game and kill you causing you to go back to your last campfire/save.
DrivenDavies15
8/3/13 6:26:43PM
I remember raging a lot at Halo 3 and especially online at UFC 3 haha
UFC_Fanatic
8/3/13 6:28:48PM

Posted by george112

Halo 4 for me

Try hards+lag+noob kills = BROKEN CONTROLLER

I can safely say that I have broken many a controller for those exact reasons playing the COD games.
FastKnockout
8/3/13 6:29:01PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Dark Souls, the gave even say's on the back: "you will die." The game solo is hard enough, but online people will just come into your game and kill you causing you to go back to your last campfire/save.

THIS.
UFC_Fanatic
8/3/13 6:46:48PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by frizzzlecake

THIS.

I actually go out of my way to avoid that game because of that. I was thinking about getting it, then a buddy of mine who owns the game told me about that kinda stuff happening, and I was like "Fuck that game".
infestructure
8/3/13 6:56:54PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by frizzzlecake

THIS.

I actually go out of my way to avoid that game because of that. I was thinking about getting it, then a buddy of mine who owns the game told me about that kinda stuff happening, and I was like "Fuck that game".

Awesome game, play it.

It is controller throwing inducing, but worth it
grappler0000
8/3/13 7:09:01PM
The key to Mario Kart Wii is to get a huge lead. If you are far enough ahead, you don't get blasted. I agree though, it's a very frustrating game otherwise.
airkerma
8/3/13 8:03:57PM
There are many I could agree on but if one stands out most, it was the original Mario Cart.
I was playing on whatever the difficult mode was and the enemy could always randomly activate their super power. Well Screwigi used the star and screwed up what must have been the final of many attempts at gold on one of the circuits. I started crying to my mom and when she asked what was wrong I replied "stupid star fucker luigi". One of two time I was grounded in my life.
UFC_Fanatic
8/3/13 8:48:20PM

Posted by airkerma

There are many I could agree on but if one stands out most, it was the original Mario Cart.
I was playing on whatever the difficult mode was and the enemy could always randomly activate their super power. Well Screwigi used the star and screwed up what must have been the final of many attempts at gold on one of the circuits. I started crying to my mom and when she asked what was wrong I replied "stupid star fucker luigi". One of two time I was grounded in my life.

Yeah, Mario and Luigi both were massive d-bags with that fucking star in the original. It's like they could just activate it whenever they damn well pleased, and at the highest difficulty they exercised it heavily. More than once it lead to a flying SNES controller from me.
kopower
8/3/13 11:25:45PM
Didn't play Mario Kart much, but my game would be Mortal Kombat 2, against Shao Kahn. It took me forever to beat that son of a bitch, and there were many times I'd have him almost dead, and he'd pull off some bullshit, and win. My Sega Genesis controller took a beating. Can't think of any other game offhand, maybe besides Mike Tyson's Punch Out against Tyson.
Michael_Corleone
8/4/13 3:31:39AM
Just about everytime I try to pass the ball in Fifa and it goes to the wrong guy.
prozacnation1978
8/4/13 2:28:52PM
Some how my hard drive and gamer profile got erased on Xbox. I lost everything. Even the pass season content.

I'm so pissed I haven't played games in a month now.
Waiting for new Xbox to come out.

I get pissed playing gears of war. I wanna just kill them all
Shawn91111
8/4/13 2:49:54PM
My 5 year old plays Mario Kart on the wii and gets upset when he doesnt win.

Also there are ways around the Red and Blue shells
Shawn91111
8/4/13 2:51:41PM
For myself it was Street Fighter or Double Dribble on Nintendo
prophecy033
8/4/13 3:00:55PM
When I was a kid it was fighting Mike Tyson in Mike Tysons Punchout
Shawn91111
8/4/13 3:10:06PM

Posted by prophecy033

Played that last week. Still play Punchout and Zelda from time to time. Still wish I didnt give away my ps2 and GTA San Andreas, I could fuck around in that game for hours
UFC_Fanatic
8/4/13 4:25:48PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by prophecy033

Played that last week. Still play Punchout and Zelda from time to time. Still wish I didnt give away my ps2 and GTA San Andreas, I could fuck around in that game for hours

Same here. In my opinion GTA San Andreas is the best GTA game to date. Of the GTA games I've played, that one stands out to me as the best with the greatest number of things you could do, such as make the main character fat or muscular or skinny, and pick which style you strike with and all the in depth customization on how your character looks, etc. Great game. I wish my copy of the game hadn't been stolen because now I'm itching to play it again.
SpiderSilva
8/4/13 7:29:00PM
Playing Madden online
prophecy033
8/5/13 12:07:35AM
Black Ops online with autobot (cheating) motherfuckers
BillsNewAccount
8/5/13 1:01:39PM
Shoot enemy in the face
Fall down dead from said enemy killing me
Checks kill cam
Kill cam shows me not firing my gun...
NOT FIRING MY GUN!!!
I FUCKING FIRED MY GUN!!!
WHAT KIND OF LAGGY BULLSHIT IS THIS!!!
another controller added to the grave yard of smashed controllers.
Budgellism
8/5/13 5:08:31PM
Knowing I knifed a guy in cod when I die gets me so angry. When I was a kid though Super Metrioid for the Super Nintendo was a bitch to beat for me.

UFC_Fanatic
8/6/13 1:19:23AM

Posted by Budgellism

Knowing I knifed a guy in cod when I die gets me so angry. When I was a kid though Super Metrioid for the Super Nintendo was a bitch to beat for me.

I had the same problem with Metroid on the original nintendo. Never did beat the game. Hell, I don't think I ever beat the first level. I'd get so far into the first level then I'd be like "Where the fuck am I supposed to go?! There's this door here and it won't open. How the fuck do you open it?!" At the time I was maybe somewhere between 5-7 at the time, and the internet wasn't in everyone's house like it is now days, plus at that age, I wouldn't have ever thought to check the internet for answers. All I knew to do was get pissed off, turn the system off and pout.
40ouncetofreedom
8/6/13 8:06:40AM
Too many console games to name.

Don't judge, but Candy Crush on the cell phone, I've delete the app and re-installed in 4 times over the last 6 months.
prophecy033
8/7/13 11:11:40PM

Posted by iwannabesedated

Too many console games to name.

Don't judge, but Candy Crush on the cell phone, I've delete the app and re-installed in 4 times over the last 6 months.

my girl gets frustrated as fuck with this game. I refuse to play it
UFC_Fanatic
8/8/13 1:23:14AM
I've never even heard of that game. If it's as frustrating as you guys make it sound then I think I'll steer clear of it to avoid my phone developing the temporary ability of flight.