From Rafael Palmeiro To Rafael Feijao: Why UFC Needs To Begin Testing Their Own Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » From Rafael Palmeiro To Rafael Feijao: Why UFC Needs To Begin Testing Their Own Fighters
BlueSkiesBurn
6/25/12 12:16:33PM
From corked bats to loaded gloves, there have always been ways for unscrupulous athletes to tip the odds in their favor. MMA is no different from any other sport in this respect. The reality of the situation is that Dana White has forced individuals to question the UFC’s steroid policy because of how he runs his business. Now, I don’t want anyone to think that we are bashing Dana White or his business. Nothing could be further from the truth. That’s not what we mean when we say that White has forced the hand of the media.

Dana White will tell just about anybody who will listen about the greatness of the UFC. Zuffa’s purchase of the UFC saved the organization from the brink of extinction and resurrected it into a global phenomenon that struck a major network deal with FOX recently. White is less than shy about the fact that he plans to turn the UFC into one of the largest sports in America. He intends for his organization to rival the four major sports. It is in this sense that Dana White has forced the hand of the media. If your aim is to have your sports organization received on the same level as MLB, NHL, NBA, and NFL then fan expectations are sure to follow.

Article
prophecy033
6/25/12 2:57:01PM
Well written Josh, some stuff I didn't know about. Todd Duffee needs TRT at 26? Something isn't passing the eye ball test
pmoney
6/25/12 7:09:55PM
Well done sir, you killed it
Playground_Samurai
6/25/12 11:29:20PM

Posted by pmoney

Well done sir, you killed it

Patchedup15
6/30/12 7:23:59PM
I think instead of testing their own fighters it would be better to have an independent organization.. if they are going to be collecting more power then they have to allow fighters to form a union... like EVERY OTHER MAJOR SPORT
BlueSkiesBurn
6/30/12 7:26:23PM

Posted by Patchedup15

I think instead of testing their own fighters it would be better to have an independent organization.. if they are going to be collecting more power then they have to allow fighters to form a union... like EVERY OTHER MAJOR SPORT

By testing their own fighters, I meant use an outside source. That's why I talked about the NFL using WADA to test athletes. VADA is another option.
bigrand826
7/3/12 8:39:48AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Patchedup15

By testing their own fighters, I meant use an outside source. That's why I talked about the NFL using WADA to test athletes. VADA is another option.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty apparent that is what you meant. Actually, I thought it was explicitly stated in the article. Very good read and I completely agree.