Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vazquez ll = Best Boxing Fight i have seen in a while.(Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vazquez ll = Best Boxing Fight i have seen in a while.(Spoilers)
Trapt1nw0nder
8/5/07 3:08:41AM
Did anyone catch this fight tonight(8/4/07)?....if not...you missed out big time

F*cking amazing back and forth war!!!

Fights like this are what put any MMA fight to shame IMO....I was rooting for Marquez to win,but after 4 rounds i didnt care anyone...either fighter deserved it IMO,and i would be happy for any of them because they really showed some real heart out there..At the end Vazquez won via TKO in round 6,but not before getting a pounding himself and suffering 2 large gashed over each eye.....after 4 rounds i knew this wasnt gonna make 12 rounds...or even 8 honestly.

Alot of people thought it was a bad stoppage since Marquez was still throwing,but there was still alot of time in that round that i dont think he would of made it out.they both took alot of punishment,and if it were of gone longer most likely someone would of gotten alot more serioulsy hurt...

This just makes for a kickass rubber match,and i cant wait!!

I ordered the Morales/Diaz PPV too,but i recorded that one and saw it after this one....Happy I went with seeing Marquez/Vazquez live instead of Morales/Diaz even though it was on PPV

WAR BOXING!!!
fullerene
8/5/07 10:47:40PM
AGREED!!

Can't wait for the third fight. Hopefully boxing promoters will realize the wisdom of having the two best guys in a weight class fight each other. Besides Calzaghe-Kessler I though of this as the best fight on the boxing calendar for 2007.