Rabi's New Nickname

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Rabi's New Nickname
Next Page »
BlueSkiesBurn
3/15/12 11:11:27PM
Tim text me after the show to see how it went and had a bit of a typo when he meant to put Rani Yahya. He put Rabi Yahya.

Ray, your new nickname is now Rabi Yahya.
prophecy033
3/16/12 2:46:45AM
I like it
KungFuMaster
3/16/12 11:45:31AM
Sounds very Jewish and I think Rabi is probably part Jewish.
cowcatcher
3/16/12 1:36:18PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

No, he's a "B" short.
Franklinfan47
3/16/12 2:07:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

I like it

scoozna
3/16/12 3:26:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

No, he's a "B" short.

haha...

A Brazilian Jew. I suppose there are some.
Rabi
3/16/12 4:31:21PM
LOL! The new name is good, for the record ive got no jewish in me.
KungFuMaster
3/16/12 5:29:48PM

Posted by Rabi

I bet you do.

We all migrated from Africa at one point in time.

Aether
3/16/12 6:05:41PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Rabi

I bet you do.

wow.
KungFuMaster
3/16/12 6:19:46PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Rabi

I bet you do.

wow.

Rabi knows I meant that in a good way.

Your response, on the other hand, is filled with hate and malicious intent.

Get over yourself, buddy.

I've been very nice to you but the more I come to know you through your posts, I am so glad our interaction is only online.
KungFuMaster
3/16/12 6:26:52PM
And Rabi - if my post sounded offensive to you, I apologize. You know I would not do that to you.

And I must apologize to Blueskies for derailing his thread.
Rabi
3/16/12 6:30:25PM
I wasn't offended mate, thanks for signing up on MMAMental!
KungFuMaster
3/16/12 6:47:49PM
No problem, Rabi.

If it is not too much trouble, I may need a reminder through PMs so I can remember to make my picks on your site.
Rabi
3/16/12 6:49:26PM
I can send reminders that's not a problem!
Aether
3/19/12 12:25:29AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Rabi

I bet you do.

wow.

I've been very nice to you but the more I come to know you through your posts, I am so glad our interaction is only online.

lol.

I said "wow" because the migration out of Africa has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism, not for whatever "hateful and malicious" reason you interpreted it as.

Humans migrated out of Africa about 100,000 years ago, judaism has been around for 3000-4000 years, the two things are so completely unrelated to each other that I found it amazing that you would draw a parallel between them.

You think too much for your own good.
KungFuMaster
3/19/12 12:43:53PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Rabi

I bet you do.

wow.

lol.

I said "wow" because the migration out of Africa has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism, not for whatever "hateful and malicious" reason you interpreted it as.

Humans migrated out of Africa about 100,000 years ago, judaism has been around for 3000-4000 years, the two things are so completely unrelated to each other that I found it amazing that you would draw a parallel between them.

You think too much for your own good.

Judaism is a belief. Jews, which are the descendants of Hebrews, were a group of people.

Whether you believe we evolved from a primate OR we are the descendants of Noah, we are all brothers and sisters - sharing one common ancestor.

So yes, I am part Jewish and so are you.
Aether
3/19/12 12:59:17PM
makes no sense at all, but sure, believe whatever you like.
KungFuMaster
3/19/12 4:26:29PM

Posted by Aether

Why does this not surprise me?
jjeans
3/19/12 4:57:14PM
KungFuMaster
3/19/12 7:29:06PM

Posted by jjeans

LOL

I think I needed that.... I can laugh at your post but 5 props says Aether can't do the same. .......and even if he did came in a posted a smiley face or something, we all know it's fake......so I win. You owe me 5 props.
Bubbles
3/19/12 8:03:16PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I think I needed that.... I can laugh at your post but 5 props says Aether can't do the same. .......and even if he did came in a posted a smiley face or something, we all know it's fake......so I win. You owe me 5 props.

i think you hide behind your emoticons at times too, so can I assume that its fake when you use it? don't start backhanding other members if you get defensive when its done to you (ie what bjj said to you).
KungFuMaster
3/19/12 8:36:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

i think you hide behind your emoticons at times too, so can I assume that its fake when you use it? don't start backhanding other members if you get defensive when its done to you (ie what bjj said to you).

When BJJ raised my blood pressure, I told him straight up - my blood pressure was raised and that I was on the defensive side. I don't know what you're trying to say.

If you're trying to say I'm a phony; I'm not going argue with you. I am - only what I have put in and said on this site. You are - only what you have put in and said on this site. Aether is - only what he has put in and said on this site.

If you're puzzled as to if I am hiding behind an emoticon or not, I'll let you know - when I am not using emoticons, it usually means I'm being serious and or my blood pressure is raised. But if I like you, you may see an emoticon when I'm quoting you........and right now - I find it very difficult to put up an emoticon.
Pookie
3/19/12 9:45:51PM

Posted by Aether

It's because you're not black, like the rest of us.
Bubbles
3/20/12 1:10:35AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

When BJJ raised my blood pressure, I told him straight up - my blood pressure was raised and that I was on the defensive side. I don't know what you're trying to say.

KFM, not to be a dick but if posts from a forum that aren't attacking you raises your blood pressure, something is wrong here. Either you take things too literally and seriously (on the internet of all places) or you just like to stir things up. The written word on the internet lacks emotion, inflection, body language, etc to actually understand the meaning behind what was typed. Emoticons don't always do justice, and some people don't like to use them. Something meant as sarcasm can be read as offensive even though that isn't the intention...it's just text, you need to understand that.

"I'm going to find you and burn your house down"

Reading that alone sounds like a threat right? What if that was meant as a joke because Bobby said Billy's favourite fighter is a can and will get KTFO by Kimbo Slice? What if it's an inside joke between the two people? You have no idea because it is just text without any outside information.

"Link or STFU," "Pics or GTFO" is exactly that. You have been here long enough to know forum lingo...and iirc in your intro thread you said you were a member of other forums in the past. Be thankful you are here and not on Sherdog...they wouldn't be as nice and if your blood pressure rises here, you would get a full out heart attack over there.

You are a good poster most of the time (except times like this). There is no need to start attacking people because they share a different viewpoint and provide points to support their argument or ask you to provide yours
KungFuMaster
3/20/12 1:52:05AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

KFM, not to be a dick but if posts from a forum that aren't attacking you raises your blood pressure, something is wrong here. Either you take things too literally and seriously (on the internet of all places) or you just like to stir things up. The written word on the internet lacks emotion, inflection, body language, etc to actually understand the meaning behind what was typed. Emoticons don't always do justice, and some people don't like to use them. Something meant as sarcasm can be read as offensive even though that isn't the intention...it's just text, you need to understand that.

"I'm going to find you and burn your house down"

Reading that alone sounds like a threat right? What if that was meant as a joke because Bobby said Billy's favourite fighter is a can and will get KTFO by Kimbo Slice? What if it's an inside joke between the two people? You have no idea because it is just text without any outside information.

"Link or STFU," "Pics or GTFO" is exactly that. You have been here long enough to know forum lingo...and iirc in your intro thread you said you were a member of other forums in the past. Be thankful you are here and not on Sherdog...they wouldn't be as nice and if your blood pressure rises here, you would get a full out heart attack over there.

You are a good poster most of the time (except times like this). There is no need to start attacking people because they share a different viewpoint and provide points to support their argument or ask you to provide yours

STFU and GTFO are popular terms in the internet culture but IMO, they are tasteless. This is a matter of taste I suppose. I don't fancy the terms and I wouldn't use them on another member unless I was aggravated. It's all a matter of perspective and I certainly find them tasteless and even offensive.

Anyway, I don't go around attacking members left and right. For the most part, I only respond and react. The thing with BJJ - he used those forum lingos and I admit, I did find it offensive and responded accordingly but I was willing to let it go when he said it was only an expression. The thing with Aether - we have been butting heads. His single word post, 'WOW', doesn't look much to other members not involved in the conversation but to me - it was a direct attack. He was basically insulting my post in which I wrote to Rabi.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on this. BJJ and Aether are two good posters but that doesn't mean I am going to agree with them all the time.

And to answer you, I can deal with disagreements. I actually like disagreements; they make for good arguments and discussions. What I don't like is being attacked and I'm sure nobody likes it either.

I can see we have different perspectives on what transpired recently. You see it as me jumping the gun when confronted by BJJ. I see it as a misunderstanding. You see it as me attacking Aether. I see it as self defense. Different perspectives - that's all.

If you want to coach someone on ethics, may I recommend coaching your camp leader. He has been attacking me since my joined date but I don't complain - I just return the favor.

jjeans
3/20/12 6:20:25AM
I'm down with Rabi Yahya

emfleek
3/20/12 9:22:20AM

Posted by Pookie

Only from the waist down for me.
Pookie
3/20/12 9:15:18PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Pookie

Only from the waist down for me.

Wait so your black everywhere but the waist down? Lucky!
Pookie
3/20/12 9:29:59PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Rabi

I bet you do.

My girl explained it to me.

People originated in Africa(Science), Jews are the chosen people and thus were the first peoples(Religion). Cross-hybrid metaphor African's are Jewish.

Which also deductively proves that Jesus was black.
emfleek
3/21/12 9:22:29AM

Posted by Pookie

Which also deductively proves that Jesus was black.

Umm...duh?

Pages: [1] 2