Quote of the Day: Underselling Rampage Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quote of the Day: Underselling Rampage Jackson
MMAcca
6/30/08 1:11:41PM
"Stranger still is an auspicious lack of promotion for Jackson, who has easily earned an hour's worth of highlights in his Pride career. Why not package a propaganda piece prior to the show that elaborates on his impressive history? Wasn't that more or less the point of acquiring that video library?"

LINK
Vote4Fedro
6/30/08 1:29:33PM
I think Rampage's racial humor holds him back. White folks don't want to hear that stuff from a bad looking dude like Page. Let Chris Rock say it and it isn't so bad. Also see Dave Chappelle. Both dudes play crackheads well.
thesteven5918
6/30/08 2:29:45PM
If they could make a movie for Matt Hamill the could make a movie or hour long documentary on rampage cmon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Figsak
6/30/08 2:53:14PM
Being a whitey white white myself, I have no problem with Rampages racial humor.

IMO he's hilarious, very down to earth too.
mrsmiley
6/30/08 4:07:03PM
That article said it all.

I used to watch Rampage in PRIDE and always thought he could be the most marketable fighter.
Figsak
7/1/08 2:09:47PM
Yep, especially in Japan. He's the steroypical big black man from america they have in all their buddy cop movies. Rampage played off it well too, he wore the American flag shorts, and basically played a WWF character for them.
itsfrankwhite
7/29/08 11:34:03PM

Posted by Figsak

Being a whitey white white myself, I have no problem with Rampages racial humor.

IMO he's hilarious, very down to earth too.

Rampage is a very humorously passive brother man.

race is a very sensitive topic. Really we need to put in the pas tense.

No matter who you are , raciest or not. Racial comments coming from anyone really do leave a person bitter aggressive.