Quinton Rampage Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva 3 UFC 91 fight likely

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Rampage Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva 3 UFC 91 fight likely
Next Page »
nickcuc547
9/11/08 7:27:08PM
Sources close to Wanderlei Silva (32-8-1) have indicated that the explosive (and long-rumored) third showdown between “The Axe Murderer” and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (28-7) is indeed set, according to MMACanada.net.

The blockbuster light heavyweight match up will co-headline UFC 91: “Couture vs. Lesnar” at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on November 15.

http://mmamania.com/2008/09/11/quinton-rampage-jackson-vs-wanderlei-silva-3-ufc-91-fight-likely/
aaa9erh8er
9/11/08 7:44:37PM
ill beleave tyhat when i see it
casey64
9/11/08 7:50:40PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

ill beleave tyhat when i see it

But I hope this happens.
Mchubb316
9/11/08 7:51:44PM
Hope this happens. If it does this card looks to be loaded with great fights. Florian vs Stevenson, Rampage vs Wand, and Brock vs Couture. So far so good.
cmb19932
9/11/08 8:39:07PM
i have my own doubts but hell that would be the most amazing card in well a long f***ing time
WrestlersAssassin
9/11/08 8:54:00PM
Too soon for this fight, it could ruin either of their title runs in the near future, especially Rampage's since hes an underdog no question. Hopefully this is just the same rumor we've been hearing for about 2 months. Look I believe Rampage has improved a lot as well and he COULD beat Wand but he's already been beaten convincingly by him twice, Rampage should take some more time off and regroup more, maybe have a fight with Franklin.
cmb19932
9/11/08 8:59:49PM
rampage cant take time off if hes gonna fight wandy he needs to do it now if wandy gets his ass koed in any other fight but one with rampage or maybe forrest his title dreams are over and the super fight with page will sadly never happen imo
mkiv9secsupra
9/11/08 9:09:51PM
Best news in a while..Wandy KTFO Rampage then gets the title shot and KTFO Forrest . Then Wandy starts his reign in the UFC.

Wanderlei is going to get the title back at some point. Looks like Rampage is the one that is going to get in his way first!!
RMFG_187
9/11/08 9:18:30PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Best news in a while..Wandy KTFO Rampage then gets the title shot and KTFO Forrest . Then Wandy starts his reign in the UFC.

Wanderlei is going to get the title back at some point. Looks like Rampage is the one that is going to get in his way first!!

Rampage will make Wandy squeel. Rampage round 1 KO
Aether
9/11/08 9:38:29PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

lol? Rampage might have improved since his fights with wanderlei, but styles make fights and wandy crushed him so badly in their previous fights that I have a really really hard time seeing any justification for this prediction.
Naturaldisaster
9/11/08 9:50:24PM
I hope its true. cuz nov 15th is my 19th bday. we already know we get to see couture/lesnar and stevenson/florian. add wandy/rampage to the mix and that could be the best bday ever lol
WrestlersAssassin
9/11/08 9:56:27PM

Posted by cmb19932

rampage cant take time off if hes gonna fight wandy he needs to do it now if wandy gets his ass koed in any other fight but one with rampage or maybe forrest his title dreams are over and the super fight with page will sadly never happen imo

Just to let you know Wand KO'd Forrest in sparring, so good luck with that.
otacon279
9/11/08 10:17:06PM
wow.. i just might buy this card

in fact I'm sure most of you will be buying a UFC card for the first time.
Bowen50
9/11/08 10:18:45PM
Wanderlei Round 2 KO
cmill21
9/11/08 10:29:15PM
Stupid fight for Rampage, and Wand already has a ton of mainstream fans since his fight with Chuck and destruction of Jardine. Don't think Rampage has a good style to beat Wand, if Forrest can get him caught in a clinch then Wand can still do it.
Bloodhound
9/11/08 10:36:29PM
would be an all out brawl, hope it happens and since the last time they fought i feel Rampage improved while Wanderlei declined in skill
Naturaldisaster
9/11/08 10:45:09PM
I think wandy by KTFO round 2
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/11/08 11:15:41PM
KICKASS!! I guess the only question left is when do tickets go on sale...
DiabloFreak56
9/11/08 11:59:30PM
hopefully not i dont wanna see rampage lose.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/12/08 12:28:17AM
cant wait
RMFG_187
9/12/08 12:57:05AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

lol? Rampage might have improved since his fights with wanderlei, but styles make fights and wandy crushed him so badly in their previous fights that I have a really really hard time seeing any justification for this prediction.

Look, Wanderlei is one of my all time favorites, I give him the respect on having HL Reel KO's against Page, but Page is a different fighter who I think has just recently gotten into his Prime. I only think there is 1 LHW better than him and thats Forrest. Wandy is 1-3 in last 4 fights, having been KO'd by Hendo, who later went on to lose to Rampage.

It should be an awesome fight, and Im definitely not counting Wandy out, he has the confidence and style to take Rampage. But I still give stand up to Rampage, Conditioning which seemed to be Wandys problem against Chuck is One of Page's Fortes, and I think Rampage has a way better clinch than he use to.

Honestly though, I would really want to see Rampage win, even though Im a bigger Wandy fan, but I wanna see Forrest Page 2, and I quite honestly think that Rampage Is still The most feared guy at LHW because of sheer Strength, Power and skill.
RMFG_187
9/12/08 12:58:48AM
BTW, its gonna b a HL Reel KO for Page
cmill21
9/12/08 1:26:19AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Look, Wanderlei is one of my all time favorites, I give him the respect on having HL Reel KO's against Page, but Page is a different fighter who I think has just recently gotten into his Prime. I only think there is 1 LHW better than him and thats Forrest. Wandy is 1-3 in last 4 fights, having been KO'd by Hendo, who later went on to lose to Rampage.

It should be an awesome fight, and Im definitely not counting Wandy out, he has the confidence and style to take Rampage. But I still give stand up to Rampage, Conditioning which seemed to be Wandys problem against Chuck is One of Page's Fortes, and I think Rampage has a way better clinch than he use to.

Honestly though, I would really want to see Rampage win, even though Im a bigger Wandy fan, but I wanna see Forrest Page 2, and I quite honestly think that Rampage Is still The most feared guy at LHW because of sheer Strength, Power and skill.

Ok first of all Wand's losses were to Cro Cop(at the time easily the #2 HW), Hendo(one of the best p4p) and Chuck who he decided he would slug it out just to gain fans. Next point, Wand doesn't have conditioning problems lol. As for Rampage's clinch, well he ended up stuck in Forrest's clinch, Wand's clinch is light years ahead of Forrests.
DuncanFan819
9/12/08 1:54:32AM
As much as I want to see this fight, it makes no sense for the UFC having it on the same card as Randy-Brock. Randy-Brock is guaranteed 1,000,000+ no matter what, so why not put Rampage-Silva on another card as a co-main event? It would definitely help boost the ratings of a different PPV than Randy-Brock, which is already a guaranteed sell. Either way, I can't wait for the fight. It just doesn't make much sense for the UFC to have it on the same card.
ufcboss
9/12/08 3:47:35AM
Yeah that makes no sense!

ARE YOU MAD SON???? MAKES SENSE TO ME!
StevieC
9/12/08 10:36:17AM
After the way they both looked there last fights I would say Wandi will pull it out for a third time.

Just like Rampage has Chuck's number I feel Wandi has Rampages....
finnish_line
9/12/08 10:45:28AM

I'm not putting too much stock in the notion that Rampage is the underdog based on being beaten twice by Wand before.

Those were in Pride, and Wand ...conditioned differently back then.

I still think Wand will probably win, but more so because I don't think Rampage is 100% there mentally right now.

Should be a great fight regardless.
tooly236
9/13/08 7:26:04PM
I'm not a big fan watching a guy get a third chance, but in this case it will be awesome. I think Wand will take him again, but Rampage has been better in the cage then Wand, should be a war
tooly236
9/13/08 7:28:10PM

Posted by DuncanFan819

As much as I want to see this fight, it makes no sense for the UFC having it on the same card as Randy-Brock. Randy-Brock is guaranteed 1,000,000+ no matter what, so why not put Rampage-Silva on another card as a co-main event? It would definitely help boost the ratings of a different PPV than Randy-Brock, which is already a guaranteed sell. Either way, I can't wait for the fight. It just doesn't make much sense for the UFC to have it on the same card.

The landscape of MMA is changing, there is starting to be a lot of big names, and I don't think they will go to 2 paperviews a month. As time goes on and more money starts to come in, all cards will be stacked.
Bloodhound
9/13/08 7:49:12PM
any word on this rumour?
Pages: [1] 2