Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Turned Down 'TUF 17' Coaching Spot Opposite Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Turned Down 'TUF 17' Coaching Spot Opposite Sonnen
MMAcca
10/26/12 8:54:58AM
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson could have been the next coach of "The Ultimate Fighter."

According to both Jackson and UFC president Dana White, the organization offered "Rampage" an opportunity to be a coach opposite Chael Sonnen on TUF 17 before asking Jon Jones. Interestingly enough though, Jackson turned down the opportunity.

"Forget TUF," Jackson told MMAFighting.com on Thursday. "I'm not interested in that."

"I don't want to fight Chael. He's the kind of fighter that I don't want to fight. He's a boring fighter that just wants to hump people."

LINK
landstander
10/26/12 9:52:06AM
I wish rampage would just stop sitting on the fence about lay and pray fighting and tell us how he really feels.
I say good for you Rampage. It's your last fight in the UFC so do it your way.
airkerma
10/26/12 9:57:51AM
He's a boring fighter that just wants to hump people.
This reminds me of a fantastic interview I saw with a former UFC LHW champ a while back. I just wish I could remember who it was
Twenty20Dollars
10/26/12 11:42:53AM
He was sooo into coaching the first time, so let's offer it to him again.
BuffaloDave
10/26/12 12:20:38PM
Would have been great TV, for the trash talking between Sonnen and Rampage. Definitely would have seen Rampage destroy quite a few of those cheap doors.
tallica62
10/26/12 2:03:53PM
good, cuz I really wouldn't have cared that much...they would just bicker like little kids
State_Champ
10/26/12 2:52:07PM
Rampage vs Sonnen?

I'd normally take Rampage all day in that match, but recently 'Page has been disappointing.

I think Rampage's TDD and KO power would easily let him beat Sonnen..... but lately I'm not sure sure.

That's why I'd rather see Sonnen vs Rampage than Sonnen vs Jones at this point.
shaneTpain
10/26/12 4:38:42PM
I would not watch another season with Rampage on it. He's a bonehead & should never appear on tv again.
LuckyCharms
10/26/12 5:48:05PM

Posted by shaneTpain

I would not watch another season with Rampage on it. He's a bonehead & should never appear on tv again.

I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously with that Justin Bieber AV
BillsNewAccount
10/26/12 6:30:54PM
It's alright Shane... At least you weren't given the Peyton Pouty Face