Quinton “Rampage” Jackson provides answers to his fans

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton “Rampage” Jackson provides answers to his fans
MMAcca
9/25/09 11:53:04PM
“I’m addressing the fans only here, I think I owe them an explanation. Yeah I feel the things I said (in my blog) are true and yeah, I don’t like Rashad Evans because of the type of person he is. He talks smack and he tries to turn around on how it’s me that’s the one who’s talking smack and not him. At first I really wanted this fight to get my belt back but since doing “The Ultimate Fighter” show and six weeks of him talking the way he’s talking and him just being the way he is, yeah it makes me wanna fight Rashad, especially after he said he’d punch me in the face for free. I’m having none of that either.”

Rest of interview
BelXavier420
9/26/09 12:45:58AM
If I were Dana White I would buy Jackson's parents a R.V. and his kids some sesame street videos.
Aether
9/26/09 12:29:19PM
He really seems to be completely oblivious to how badly he is screwing his employers over by doing this. I'm tired of listening to him complain about how tough he has it, I have always really liked Rampage but he seems to have absolutely no understanding that he's the one who screwed the UFC and Spike TV really badly and that Dana had every right to be incredibly pissed off at him.

If I were Dana I would've done a hell of a lot more than just complain in an interview, I would have brought any and all litigation I possibly could against him to make a very serious point that people don't walk away from their obligations any time someone wants to put them in a bad movie.

Give everyone a break and stop crying about your employers being angry that you screwed them for your own personal benefit. You made the UFC more money than they made you? Guess how this works. The UFC provided you the outlet that you would never have had by dumping millions of their own dollars into creating a successful company that would run equally well if you had never been signed, and now they are claiming their well-earned money.

Without the UFC making the sport what it is and offering fighters the platform to showcase their skills and to make a legitimate living you would have absolutely nothing. The UFC doesn't need you Rampage, you haven't done anything for them that dozens of other fighters couldn't do in your place. Who bailed your ass out of jail and defended you when you drove your ridiculous monster truck with a massive picture of your face on it into a bunch of **** and tried to escape from the police? Who gave you the exposure and the platform to become the star that you are now? Who made you famous enough for anyone to want to put you in a movie in the first place?

I'm sick of listening to him at this point and I'm losing massive amounts of respect for him every time he releases a new statement. Please stop crying, your life is amazing and you would have none of it without the UFC. Would the UFC be any less well off if they had never signed Rampage? They would be in exactly the same position. He's a drop in the ocean, nothing more, if he really believes he's done more for the UFC than they have for him he's completely delusional and has absolutely no concept of economics whatsoever.

Whatever he does, I want him to just stop complaining. Do your movie, fight, whatever, just stop crying. You have a life most people could only dream of, stop crying about how tough it is, no one cares at all.

Nightmare27
9/26/09 1:40:38PM
Just a thought but maybe you should change your avatar if you have lost so much respect for the drop in the ocean.
telnights
9/26/09 3:42:55PM
BigBadAl
9/26/09 4:11:47PM

Posted by Nightmare27

Just a thought but maybe you should change your avatar if you have lost so much respect for the drop in the ocean.

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa! Props
Gogoplatapus
9/26/09 4:20:15PM
A Team sucks anyway, guarantee it bombs. Rampage is a basketcase these days. He should be in jail after the monster truck energy drink road rage frenzy. Dana and company should have made him sign some sort of "weownyourassnow" contract. Dude needs someone else to make his decisions for him, maybe Ari Gold?
Aether
9/26/09 5:05:40PM

Posted by Nightmare27

It reinforces my lack of prejudice
Jackelope
9/26/09 5:14:43PM
I think at the root of this problem is the fact that his training camps are in the UK now. Look, Rampage.. that's a choice you made. Time away from your family? You're the one who chose to take your training camp to UK. You could be working out just as hard at a training camp here in the states and get to come home to your kids every night.

Also, Dana made it a point after the monster truck incident to keep Rampage busy. Rampage is the kind of guy that when given idle time seems to get himself in trouble.

I like Rampage a lot, but I'm sick of this stuff, too. On the flip side of that I also see a lot of the way that Dana handles stuff like this as unprofessional. That's a trumpet I've been blaring for years now, but people still refuse to listen and will defend Dana at all costs. This is the kind of trouble that maintaining that kind of a relationship with your employees will get you into. Dana is a great businessman in some respects, but he's got a terribly unprofessional attitude towards his fighters. He talks smack about his own employees and plays favorites all the time. Is it any surprise that guys don't take him seriously and feel that they can walk away from a fight to do a movie based on the way he acts?
EliasG
9/26/09 11:01:52PM
That doesn't seem to make sense. Rampage got into trouble right after a fight. How is that he gets in trouble when he's not busy? When was the last time he got in to trouble?

He got in to trouble ONE time after a fight. That's the extent of it.

I work 12 hours a day, by choice. I like it. BUT, if someone came to me and said, you can make movies. You have to work about 100 days out of the year and we'll pay you about 300,000 or more a year. I think I'm taking the 100 day a year job for 300,000. The average shoot time for a movie is somewhere around 30 days. that's it.

Even if Rampage doesn't make "millions" (which he may), it's a much different, easier gig. I'd take it. Then if he wants to fight. Cool. He can. For free or for money.

If I got paid that much for a movie, I'd take 3 years off of my job and just tour with my band. :)
Jackelope
9/27/09 4:39:20PM

Posted by EliasG

That doesn't seem to make sense. Rampage got into trouble right after a fight. How is that he gets in trouble when he's not busy? When was the last time he got in to trouble?

He got in to trouble ONE time after a fight. That's the extent of it.

I work 12 hours a day, by choice. I like it. BUT, if someone came to me and said, you can make movies. You have to work about 100 days out of the year and we'll pay you about 300,000 or more a year. I think I'm taking the 100 day a year job for 300,000. The average shoot time for a movie is somewhere around 30 days. that's it.

Even if Rampage doesn't make "millions" (which he may), it's a much different, easier gig. I'd take it. Then if he wants to fight. Cool. He can. For free or for money.

If I got paid that much for a movie, I'd take 3 years off of my job and just tour with my band. :)

I was just quoting what Dana White had said after the Rampage incident. He made it a point to keep him busy and he said that Rampage gets himself into trouble when he's not kept busy. Not sure the who/what/when/where/why of it all, I just know that's something Dana said.