Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson hurt, forced out of UFC 153 co-main event vs. Glover Teixeira

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson hurt, forced out of UFC 153 co-main event vs. Glover Teixeira
Next Page »
BuffaloDave
9/11/12 4:04:25PM
After all the controversy over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson wanting out of his contract, it turns out he won't fight at UFC 153 after all.

Jackson (32-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC) is injured and out of his co-main event fight against Glover Teixeira (18-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) next month in Brazil. UFC President Dana White on Tuesday tweeted the news. The nature of his injury was not announced.

It is not yet known if a replacement for Jackson will be sought to step in on just under five weeks' notice, or if Teixeira will be pulled from the card.

UFC 153 takes place Oct. 13 at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. The pay-per-view features a main event featherweight title fight between Brazilian champion Jose Aldo and former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar.

LINK
infestructure
9/11/12 4:06:53PM
I knew it was too good to be true. Dana make him wait and fighter Glover at 154. He aint squirming out of this one
Chael_Sonnen
9/11/12 4:23:28PM
Good job Rampage, way to come through again for the company and the fans

I guess the meeting of the intellectuals between Queen Mo and ramPAGE forced his out of shape body and weak mind to once again - - - get hurt and disappoint.

FAILURE.
BuffaloDave
9/11/12 4:30:39PM
Have Shogun step in.... Oh Wait......

Sonnen, Bonnar, Evans, Te Huna (If he's healed) would all be worthy opponents.
george112
9/11/12 4:35:47PM
Very disappointing

But hey were all accustomed to this sort of thing by now right guys?
kopower
9/11/12 4:43:10PM
Probably a good thing for Page. I agree with making Glover wait for Page to get healthy.
ghandikush
9/11/12 4:50:26PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Shogun WOULD have something to gain in that fight after his last god aweful performance against "the raisin" brandon vera.
Chael_Sonnen
9/11/12 5:07:28PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BuffaloDave

Shogun WOULD have something to gain in that fight after his last god aweful performance against "the raisin" brandon vera.

AWFUL not aweful.

C- (apply yourself)
Budgellism
9/11/12 5:07:28PM
well, fuck.
shaneTpain
9/11/12 5:12:30PM
This saddens me
prophecy033
9/11/12 5:23:05PM
Sonnen vs Glover anyone?
Chael_Sonnen
9/11/12 5:28:31PM

Posted by prophecy033

Sonnen vs Glover anyone?

Attention Joe Silva - - - fax me the contract, I'll have it signed faster than you can say Freeway Chase.
tallica62
9/11/12 5:49:26PM
damn..I was looking forward to Glover ko'ing rampage into retirement
hashyandy4
9/11/12 6:04:23PM
What a shitty day 4 news
Bubbles
9/11/12 6:22:17PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Sonnen, Bonnar, Evans, Te Huna (If he's healed) would all be worthy opponents.

Thiago Silva would be a sweet fight if he wants to fight sooner rather than later vs Nedkov
JLS1980
9/11/12 7:48:35PM
I like the idea of having Glover wait til Rampage is healthy. But they need to salvage UFC 153. So an idea keep Glover as co-main and find him a decent opponent. And when Rampage is ready sick Rashad on him and send Rampage packing.
prophecy033
9/11/12 7:55:28PM

Posted by JLS1980

I like the idea of having Glover wait til Rampage is healthy. But they need to salvage UFC 153. So an idea keep Glover as co-main and find him a decent opponent. And when Rampage is ready sick Rashad on him and send Rampage packing.

Beings that Evans already beat Rampage, I have no interest in seeing Rampage taken down again. Rampage has become a very uninteresting fighter to watch. Gone are the days of the power slam
Twenty20Dollars
9/11/12 8:11:43PM
Omg, this is all Jon Jones fault.
DrivenDavies15
9/11/12 8:23:51PM
What;s lil nog up to these days? Teixeira vs Rogerio would be a sick fight.
Twenty20Dollars
9/11/12 9:08:21PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

What;s lil nog up to these days? Teixeira vs Rogerio would be a sick fight.

I thought injury or something. Pulled out of a fight awhile back or idk.
ghandikush
9/11/12 9:14:21PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Maybe not, but either way he'll still talk shit about it on twitter.
Bubbles
9/11/12 11:36:25PM

It could be. If he took the fight with Sonnen then Belfort would be able to fight Glover. Rule of thumb: everything is Jon Jones' fault
bjj1605
9/11/12 11:45:40PM

I find these posts very annoying.

The worst one was the "blame it on the black guy" post in the Aldo injury thread. Like others have said, that situation has nothing to do with race and its ridiculous to bring it up.

Most people think JJ screwed up by not accepting the fight with Sonnen. You disagree, we get it.

That doesn't mean you have to remind everyone about your opinion in every single post you make.
aussiemma
9/12/12 2:03:30AM

totally his fault, if he had fought sonnen none of this would have happened !
jjeans
9/12/12 6:06:47AM

Posted by bjj1605

"blame it on the black guy"

Hahahaha when was that?? LOL

I don't support racism at all I think theres a line between a joke and true statements. Personal all white people jokes are hilarious to me as are Britsh jokes, I find all "racist" jokes hilarious, aimed at me or not. You just have to keep light hearted.
bjj1605
9/12/12 2:46:19PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by bjj1605

I don't support racism at all I think theres a line between a joke and true statements. Personal all white people jokes are hilarious to me as are Britsh jokes, I find all "racist" jokes hilarious, aimed at me or not. You just have to keep light hearted.

Posted in the thread titled "Urijah Faber Wants Either Himself Or Chad Mendes To Fight Frankie Edgar"

Just cancel the card and blame it on the black guy.

I'm not upset or anything. If people are joking and making these statements all in good fun, then whatever.

But there was a guy on here before (who's name I don't remember) insisting that all of the Jon Jones hate was race related.
ghandikush
9/12/12 8:13:43PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jjeans

Posted by bjj1605

Posted in the thread titled "Urijah Faber Wants Either Himself Or Chad Mendes To Fight Frankie Edgar"

I'm not upset or anything. If people are joking and making these statements all in good fun, then whatever.

But there was a guy on here before (who's name I don't remember) insisting that all of the Jon Jones hate was race related.

He wasnt popular enough for it to be funny.
cowcatcher
9/12/12 8:52:35PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jjeans

Posted by bjj1605

He wasnt popular enough for it to be funny.

If it was meant to be funny, the delivery was just awful. I'm pretty sure that guy was serious, whereas 20 was clearly being sarcastic(to those of us that have been around the site long enough to know it). This isn't the Homecoming king voting site, if you make a good point here you get your props, if you talk like a paper asshole you get flamed.
bjj1605
9/12/12 9:21:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

If it was meant to be funny, the delivery was just awful. I'm pretty sure that guy was serious, whereas 20 was clearly being sarcastic(to those of us that have been around the site long enough to know it). This isn't the Homecoming king voting site, if you make a good point here you get your props, if you talk like a paper asshole you get flamed.

If 20 was just kidding then I take back my comment.
cowcatcher
9/12/12 9:27:28PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by cowcatcher

If 20 was just kidding then I take back my comment.

I figured you just didn't realize it, that other guy was a piece of work though.
Pages: [1] 2