Quinton Rampage vs. Chuck Liddell--First Fight *Video Inside*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Quinton Rampage vs. Chuck Liddell--First Fight *Video Inside*
Reignofterror
2/20/07 12:03:58AM
I think this is a video most fans should see if they already haven't, first fight between Rampage and Chuck Liddell.

RAMPAGE vs LIDDELL
OB_Juan
2/20/07 12:14:18AM
That's definitely a classic. However, IMO it doesn't properly represent both fighters currently. Rampage peaked young and was in his prime for that fight IMO. Chuck was a late bloomer. He seems to be in his peak right now.

I'll definitely be looking forward to the rematch. Rampage has much better stand up than anybody has faced since then which could still be the differential.
loller90278
2/20/07 3:06:30AM
i wouldnt say peaked.. he just got outclassed by wandy and shogun, maybe that took the rage out of him somewhat but i wouldnt count rampage out...

he came in with a stragety for the first fight and i think he'll do the same this time around.. that being said i think rampage has a great defense against punches.. specially that overhand right

i say he rushes in with a left hook and gets the clinch for the slam.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/20/07 3:48:08AM
i have already seen it like eleventeen times!
Gogoplata
2/20/07 10:43:03PM

Posted by OB_Juan

That's definitely a classic. However, IMO it doesn't properly represent both fighters currently. Rampage peaked young and was in his prime for that fight IMO. Chuck was a late bloomer. He seems to be in his peak right now.

I'll definitely be looking forward to the rematch. Rampage has much better stand up than anybody has faced since then which could still be the differential.

What I think you meant to say is that this fight was pre-Xyience.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/21/07 3:47:37PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by OB_Juan

What I think you meant to say is that this fight was pre-Xyience.

ahahaha
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Gogoplata
2/21/07 9:50:33PM
That pic is priceless. True, though. Chuck back then sure as hell doesn't look like Chuck now. Not to mention the dude's 37 freaking years old. Xyience has been good to Chuck, don't doubt that for a second.