QUINTON JACKSON YES!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » QUINTON JACKSON YES!
« Previous Page
EvenFlow
12/24/08 8:18:53PM

Posted by Sledge23

Why does everyone think rampage is such an underdog?
Yeah he's been beat but he looked horrible against Forrest, that didnt show how good he is, Wandy is good, but hes no Rampage. Jackson is in the best shape of his life, wandy is good but dont count rampage out.

because hes gonna lose, wandwagon never die!!!
Jackelope
12/24/08 8:44:35PM
You all will see. QJ has a bad style match up for Wanderlei. Wanderlei comes straight at you with punches and knees, and QJ likes to rely on dodging punches by standing in the pocket with lots of head movement. It's just a bad way to try to defend against someone with Wandy's style.

Now, there is hope, though... because if all the rumors were true about early standups in favor of Wandy then QJ could wrestle his way to victory. That, or the Wolfslair has been training good side to side movement (like they've done with Bisping) and QJ will bring a different standup game into the mix.

I can't wait to see the fight. I'm leaning on Wandy for the W because he's got the mental edge and from what we know of them his style has proven superior in the past. Still, an "upset" by Rampage wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully these two can bury the hatchet for good after this one.
Sam_Rothstein
12/26/08 8:10:47AM
I would pick Rampage despite the two losses to silva if it had not been for the whole monster truck incident. If Rampage can win I think it would be by a decision
nastynick13
12/27/08 4:59:56AM
I have a couple of questions after watching the countdown show. How has Rampage not seen the second fight? I mean come on everyone's had to have seen that fight BY NOW. Also how can he expect to formulate an intelligent gameplan without going over what he did wrong the last time espically seeing as you got KTFO? This just makes me favor Wanderlei even more in this fight... this and the assumption that Rampage hasn't went out to improve on his muay thai. No offense to the Wolfslair. I mean not only did Wanderlei use Muay Thai to beat Rampage, but Shogun used the Muay Thai clinch very effectively in his fight with Rampage, and Forrest won in large part due to using leg kicks which if I am not mistaken is a Muay Thai tatic.
Wanderlei by AXE MURDERIN'!
smcdonald
12/27/08 7:39:59AM
i got page on this one, i really lost a bit of respect for silva because he is taking the page vs silva fued way too serious. At the UFC weigh in silva pushed page a mile trying to prove something..when your as dangerous as wanderlei silva you dont need to push guys around at the weigh in no matter what they say.....sort it out in the cage...its gonna be a crazy fight and i think it could go wither way, but i hope rampage takes wins it, if not i want it to be a huge war where the judges are gonna have a lot of trouble deciding the outcome.
Jackelope
12/27/08 10:43:11AM
The push at the weigh ins just gets me more amped. I think people must not be aware of the original feud between Jackson and Silva. Silva is pretty respectful to all his opponents usually. There is some seriously bad blood between he and Quinton, though.
TheCatFather
12/27/08 1:07:57PM
If Wandi wins then Rampage needs just face the fact that Wandi is to Rampage as Anderson Silva is to Franklin.
keith-hackney1
12/28/08 10:40:47AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Yes they have fought twice before, and wandy won both times by ko. But both times they fought they were in a ring, not an octagon. Wandy has a very loopy style when it comes to the strikes, in Pridefc, i dont believe any real striker had ever landed a great shot on wandy until he faced crocop who at the time was fighting at heavyweight while wandy was some 30/40lb lighter. Then of course came the ko from hendo around the time pridefc was crumbling into bankruptcy.
Rampage is in the best shape of his life, i wouldn't take all the credit away from griffin and say he looked bad against griffin, forrest out classed rampage that night and beat a great fighter to become the champ. Rampage couldn't string it together because he got hurt in that fight in the early rounds.

This fight has ko written all over it, thats why it will probably go to the scorecards.
Wandy did ko jackson both times they met, but rampage was sparring with jiu jitsu students back then who couldn't box, since joining up with juanito and his team, rampages striking along with his great power and wrestling maximized which went on to produce him a chuck liddell ko to win the belt.

The only thing is rampage is with a different camp now, right before his redemption fight with wandy. We don't know how good rampage will be with a new camp ??

If wandy gets a fast ko, i would be surprised, if there is to be a round one ko.. i give it to jackson via a swift lean upper cut. If it goes past round one, i give wandy the upper hand and probably the win.

Round one .... Rampage via ko/tko
Round two/three/decision ... Wandy all the way !!!!

Perfect calling with explanation on a bout !!
Jackelope
12/28/08 11:12:06AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by keith-hackney1

Yes they have fought twice before, and wandy won both times by ko. But both times they fought they were in a ring, not an octagon. Wandy has a very loopy style when it comes to the strikes, in Pridefc, i dont believe any real striker had ever landed a great shot on wandy until he faced crocop who at the time was fighting at heavyweight while wandy was some 30/40lb lighter. Then of course came the ko from hendo around the time pridefc was crumbling into bankruptcy.
Rampage is in the best shape of his life, i wouldn't take all the credit away from griffin and say he looked bad against griffin, forrest out classed rampage that night and beat a great fighter to become the champ. Rampage couldn't string it together because he got hurt in that fight in the early rounds.

This fight has ko written all over it, thats why it will probably go to the scorecards.
Wandy did ko jackson both times they met, but rampage was sparring with jiu jitsu students back then who couldn't box, since joining up with juanito and his team, rampages striking along with his great power and wrestling maximized which went on to produce him a chuck liddell ko to win the belt.

The only thing is rampage is with a different camp now, right before his redemption fight with wandy. We don't know how good rampage will be with a new camp ??

If wandy gets a fast ko, i would be surprised, if there is to be a round one ko.. i give it to jackson via a swift lean upper cut. If it goes past round one, i give wandy the upper hand and probably the win.

Round one .... Rampage via ko/tko
Round two/three/decision ... Wandy all the way !!!!

Perfect calling with explanation on a bout !!

You certainly got the round one KO/TKO right Calling it as an uppercut not so much, but still.. you got the round and way right.

Wandy was not his aggressive self. Page stood in front of Wandy like I figured he would, though. That could have spelled disaster if Wandy would have come after him, but he didn't want to pull the trigger. Pretty disappointing, but a great counter by Rampage.
nastynick13
12/28/08 6:05:51PM
on how the fight was disappointing( cause I wanted Wanderlei to win). Man was I wrong. What a left hook.
iceman3
12/28/08 8:38:58PM
Glad he won! Go Rampage!
Pages: 1 [2]