QUINTON JACKSON YES!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » QUINTON JACKSON YES!
Next Page »
Sledge23
12/17/08 9:38:40AM
Why does everyone think rampage is such an underdog?
Yeah he's been beat but he looked horrible against Forrest, that didnt show how good he is, Wandy is good, but hes no Rampage. Jackson is in the best shape of his life, wandy is good but dont count rampage out.
Playground_Samurai
12/17/08 9:50:33AM
I'm picking Rampage to win, but i'll give you four reasons he's the underdog.

1. Wandy has already beaten him twice, both by KO.
2. Rampage is coming off of big loss
3. Wandy coming off of big win
4. Rampage went on a "rampage" and we're not sure if he's mentally stable.
gsquat
12/17/08 10:01:36AM

Posted by gspfan

king_katool
12/17/08 10:13:13AM

Posted by gspfan

just curious to know the reason why you picked rampage then lol
Playground_Samurai
12/17/08 10:34:02AM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by gspfan

Third time's a charm.

Actually, despite his recent loss to Forrest, I think he is a better fighter than he was before. I think he has grown as a fighter. Comes to fights with an actual gameplan.
TheNatural915
12/17/08 10:41:56AM
Thats exactly what I think......what a coincidence. Wandy is good but Rampage has the eye of the tiger.

BRANDI IS THE BEST AKA HOT STUFF
DCRage
12/17/08 10:43:32AM

Posted by gspfan

Pretty much what he said.
Franklinfan47
12/17/08 10:50:15AM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by king_katool

Posted by gspfan

Third time's a charm.

Actually, despite his recent loss to Forrest, I think he is a better fighter than he was before. I think he has grown as a fighter. Comes to fights with an actual gameplan.

This sums it up right here. I'm going with Rampage becuase I think he's improved, I think Silva has declined a bit, Rampage will fight a smarter fight this time, and because he won't get stood up every 5 seconds this time if he decides to take it down like in Pride.
MikeyG
12/17/08 11:02:53AM
wont matter how improved you are when you get ktfo, page better not stand and bang, he needs to take it down....if he can...wand has been training at XC, thats probably all hes training for at this point is TD and cage tactics, that will be the difference, everyones saying how well page has improved and i agree but the same goes for wand

wand will be champ
4u2nv
12/17/08 11:16:29AM
I like both fighters a lot... but i think its time for Rampage to make it or break it. I mean if he can't beat him then i dont think he'll ever get his belt back bc Wandy will forever be the gatekeeper against him.
wiggum
12/17/08 12:16:27PM

Posted by gspfan

agreed.......i think in this fight the cage will make a difference, and if rampage was the favorite, i think that would be a big reason why......rampages style is more cage approiate as well as the fact he's fought alot more in the cage, espcially recently....but man, silva still packs a punch, cage or not
moob
12/17/08 2:21:40PM
All I hope is that should Rampage lose, they at least have some warning signs up on the roads for cars and pedestrians alike.
jiujitsufreak74
12/17/08 2:32:33PM
DID YOU JUST SAY WANDERLEI IS NO RAMPAGE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i never thought i would read those words in that order. Wanderlei has accomplished way more in his career than Rampage and has proven to be an elite fighter longer than Rampage. not to mention he destroyed Rampage 3 times. styles make fights, and Rampage has the wrong style to face Wandy.
loller90278
12/17/08 3:07:08PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i never thought i would read those words in that order. Wanderlei has accomplished way more in his career than Rampage and has proven to be an elite fighter longer than Rampage. not to mention he destroyed Rampage 3 times. styles make fights, and Rampage has the wrong style to face Wandy.

hah, i think you're some odd number of days too early to say that statement
MikeyG
12/17/08 4:43:05PM

i like the confidence, i share this same passion for my favorite fighter and even tho i like page too hes going to be put down for a third time.. join the wanderlei silva war wagon holmes.. lol jk.. the the axe murdererz are a bigger camp
Wolfenstein
12/17/08 4:49:13PM
I think this is a much different fight than their previous two bouts, for the sole fact that it's being fought in the UFC, where they're now fighting in a cage, and a ring three times as big.

GSPfan pretty much layed out why he's the underdog, and when's the last time a fighter has lost the two previous bouts, and won the third? I'm sure it has happened but it has to be a rarity.
upgrade
12/17/08 5:07:44PM
wandys is going to smoke page knockout 2nd round
SpiderSilva
12/17/08 5:28:24PM
The reason Im picking Wandi is he man handled Page twice TWICE I don't care if your a fighter,sports team whatever if you get your ass handed to you twice your an underdog and more than likely gonna lose again
higdon10
12/17/08 6:21:15PM
Its very understandable that Rampage is the dog in this fight. And for the record, I think that Wand is going to put him down late in the first.
jiujitsufreak74
12/17/08 7:59:26PM

Posted by loller90278

hah, i think you're some odd number of days too early to say that statement

that was done on purpose
nastynick13
12/19/08 2:09:13PM
I think it all depends on wether or not Rampage wants to fight a MMA fight. It looked like he thought he could beat Forrest by out boxing him, and if he comes with that gameplan I think Wand's stand up is too diverse and the fight will end the same way it did the first two fights.
casey64
12/19/08 2:12:29PM
Wandy has Rampages number its already been proven by Wandy, and he will win again.
Diamondback2
12/19/08 2:44:04PM

Posted by Franklinfan47
This sums it up right here. I'm going with Rampage becuase I think he's improved, I think Silva has declined a bit, Rampage will fight a smarter fight this time, and because he won't get stood up every 5 seconds this time if he decides to take it down like in Pride.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt about Page inproving since thier last fight's. His boxing is great now.

But i am so sick of hearing about the BS standup's in thier fights in Pride. I watched both those fights about 25 times and not one single standup was unjustified.

Almost every time the ref allowed page to GNP for a while and when he was unable to pass Wandy's guard and did nothing but bury his head into Wandy's chest only then did the ref stand it up.

Most of the standup's occurred about 2 mins after the takedown (if i remember correctly) and every time rampage was in Wandy's full guard.

I think Wandy just has Rampage's number. But Rampage's toughness (as shown when he took 50,000 knees form Page in their first fight) could be the X Factor here. If he is going to pull it off in my eyes it will be in Rd 3 after he has weathered the early wandy storm.
deezyo
12/20/08 10:42:19PM
lol
RhythmAndStyle
12/23/08 1:48:20AM
Rampage by the fact that he's a different fighter than when they fought n Pride..Wandy hasn't been the same since he got ko'd by Cro Cop..Rampage is n a better environment than he was back than..n thats a known fact...
Pookie
12/23/08 4:18:48AM

Posted by MikeyG

.. join the wanderlei silva war wagon holmes.. lol jk.. the the axe murdererz are a bigger camp

Calm down tiger, ATT has already called dibs on JJ
keith-hackney1
12/24/08 3:45:27PM
Yes they have fought twice before, and wandy won both times by ko. But both times they fought they were in a ring, not an octagon. Wandy has a very loopy style when it comes to the strikes, in Pridefc, i dont believe any real striker had ever landed a great shot on wandy until he faced crocop who at the time was fighting at heavyweight while wandy was some 30/40lb lighter. Then of course came the ko from hendo around the time pridefc was crumbling into bankruptcy.
Rampage is in the best shape of his life, i wouldn't take all the credit away from griffin and say he looked bad against griffin, forrest out classed rampage that night and beat a great fighter to become the champ. Rampage couldn't string it together because he got hurt in that fight in the early rounds.

This fight has ko written all over it, thats why it will probably go to the scorecards.
Wandy did ko jackson both times they met, but rampage was sparring with jiu jitsu students back then who couldn't box, since joining up with juanito and his team, rampages striking along with his great power and wrestling maximized which went on to produce him a chuck liddell ko to win the belt.

The only thing is rampage is with a different camp now, right before his redemption fight with wandy. We don't know how good rampage will be with a new camp ??

If wandy gets a fast ko, i would be surprised, if there is to be a round one ko.. i give it to jackson via a swift lean upper cut. If it goes past round one, i give wandy the upper hand and probably the win.

Round one .... Rampage via ko/tko
Round two/three/decision ... Wandy all the way !!!!
mkiv9secsupra
12/24/08 3:58:35PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Rampage by the fact that he's a different fighter than when they fought n Pride..Wandy hasn't been the same since he got ko'd by Cro Cop..Rampage is n a better environment than he was back than..n thats a known fact...

Rampage being a better fighter is not a legitimate arguement. Wanderlei as well has switched fight camps and since doing so has only lost one fight that many feel he should have won.

Also, how is rampage in a better environment? This is a new fight camp for him and this change hasnt shown any improvement or decline? so how is it a fact he is in this better environment.... If anything, Wanderlei's environment has improved much more. He is training new techniques with many more skilled MMA contenders in Xtreme Couture than Rampage is in Wolf's Lair...
MikeyG
12/24/08 4:03:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MikeyG

.. join the wanderlei silva war wagon holmes.. lol jk.. the the axe murdererz are a bigger camp

Calm down tiger, ATT has already called dibs on JJ

you can have 'em i got no love for marcus davis what so ever

axe murdererz got the numbers, i'll request an invite when or if my camp goes under
papercut
12/24/08 7:09:56PM

rampage is no wandy. he can't stand with him, and if it goes to the ground wand does have a BJJ black belt. rampage is only a better wrestler. its just a bad match up for page. wandy has proven he has pages number. I have no doubt in my mind that wandy will win again this time.

Wandy also has been training at Xtreme couture as well as his new gym still in the works with damien maia among others. if forrest beat him I'm positive that wand can pull it off 3 times in a row.
Pages: [1] 2