Quinton Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Grudge Match

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Quinton Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Grudge Match
POLL: who do you think will win??
Quinton Rampage Jackson 25% (14)
Wanderlei The Axe Murderer Silva 73% (40)
Draw 2% (1)
hammerhead1
11/19/08 12:51:02PM
Who do you think will win

RAMPAGE

THE AXE MURDERER

RAMPAGE KO SILVA 1ST ROUND
stock
11/19/08 12:53:24PM
I have no interest in seeing this fight unless it is necessary for a title.

I've seen this fight twice already, and there are just too many good matchups (that we haven't see already) at LHW to keep having these rematches.

DCRage
11/19/08 12:55:06PM
There's already a thread about this:

Link

Just bump it up instead.
Hendo67
11/19/08 2:28:16PM
I pray to god Silva wins, and it's not because i don't like Rampage...it's because i want to see Wandy/Forrest for the title.
God damn that has slugfest written all over it.
bjj1605
11/19/08 2:47:10PM
I think Wandy has Rampage's number the same way Rampage has Chuck's. Wandy will KO him late in the first with brutal knees and then fight Forrest. IDK yet who i'll pick in that one.
higdon10
11/19/08 4:10:23PM
Wand
4u2nv
11/19/08 4:23:43PM
War PaGe!! its time to get whats urs Wandy!
dannyfrank
11/19/08 4:24:55PM
i'll be in the section labled "wandy's nuts" for this fight
hodge
11/19/08 4:35:39PM
Wand will make Rampage his New Sakuraba like he said 3-0

WAR WANDERLEI
cmill21
11/19/08 4:40:26PM
Am I the only one who hasn't seen really any change in Rampage from then till now? I mean his boxing has gotten better but thats not where he lost these fights, he lost in the Thai clinch and judging by the Forrest fight Rampage still hasn't learned how to defend the clinch. I just think Wand will punish him there again.
Wolfenstein
11/19/08 4:41:36PM
I don't think Wanderlei nessecarilly has Quinton's "number" because both fights have been very competitive, particularly their second bout.

Quinton's best gameplan would be to take Silva down, as Wanderlei's guard is more defensive than it is offensive, as he tends to favor the closed guard. He also has the power to knock Wanderlei out and he did hurt Wanderlei a couple times in their last meeting.

Wanderlei does have some distinct advantages over Rampage. Twice Rampage has been dominated by Silva in the thai plum, and it's an area he has struggled with in other fights. In Quinton's last fight with Forrest it was clear Rampage also still struggles to defend the low roundhouse.

Another factor that can't be quantified is Wanderlei really dislikes Rampage, and a pissed off Wanderlei is a handful.
loller90278
11/19/08 10:01:48PM
isnt a grudge match when its 1-1 and its for the 3rd to decide?
RampageOwnedYou
11/19/08 11:26:00PM
im very nervous for my boy here.

Dont want to say too much except, I hope he eats A LITTLE more during training and before the fight.
mentalcase
11/20/08 12:31:24AM

Posted by loller90278

isnt a grudge match when its 1-1 and its for the 3rd to decide?

that's called a rubber match

a grudge match is when two fighters hate each other
State_Champ
11/20/08 1:17:33AM

Posted by cmill21

Am I the only one who hasn't seen really any change in Rampage from then till now? I mean his boxing has gotten better but thats not where he lost these fights, he lost in the Thai clinch and judging by the Forrest fight Rampage still hasn't learned how to defend the clinch. I just think Wand will punish him there again.

I do think Wanderlei has Rampage's number and he will defeat Quinto again when they meet; I just can't help but feel like being KOed twice by the same dude is gonna have a bad effect on you, mentally, whenever you even see the guy, let alone fight him.
EvenFlow
11/20/08 2:55:23AM
New highlight reel coming out ... Axe Murder: Part 3

Page has a good shot though, but like someone else said I see Wand exploiting Pages' weaknesses which is defending the clinch, knees and kicks, Page is gonna wanna take Wand down and try to get a stoppage but I see another (T)KO for Wand. I cant wait to see this fight live, this is the main event of 92 to me.
Hendo67
11/20/08 3:04:02PM
So crazy that this fight will be one of the first fights that night.

I'll be jamming to Sandstorm all week pre-fight just to get so pumped.
gsquat
11/20/08 6:14:58PM
What reason would anyone have to believe Rampage will win this other than their hopes for such?
mentalcase
11/21/08 6:34:58AM

Posted by gsquat

What reason would anyone have to believe Rampage will win this other than their hopes for such?

im want silva to win
but i dont write rampage off its been 4 years since there last fight and rampage was doing well in the first round, times change rampage has improved thats why he was unified champ
im still dont know who to pick i dont know how much\ rampages mental state will be factor for the fight

oh yeah and check out goodridge Vs Frye 3(not that it has anything to do with this fight, its just an example of losing the first 2 and then winning the 3rd)
Aaronno9
11/21/08 7:07:38AM
I would of picked Quinton before his whole break down. Now i just dont trust his mental state. I just hope Quinton goes in with a good gameplan. I really dont believe Wandy has blackbelt level Jits, and i think Quinton could just beat on him from the guard for the entire fight.
State_Champ
12/1/08 12:22:42AM

Posted by stock

I have no interest in seeing this fight unless it is necessary for a title.

I've seen this fight twice already, and there are just too many good matchups (that we haven't see already) at LHW to keep having these rematches.

It is necesaary to decide the #1 contender for 205lbs (light-heavy weight)
higdon10
12/1/08 7:29:41AM
I see Wand finishing him fairly early.
prozacnation1978
12/1/08 1:08:32PM
i think silva has rampage's number
it's looking more and more that winner of this fight will face griffin

machida is getting over looked if he wins against silva i think ufc will have him face franklin next
the_01
12/1/08 5:13:11PM
Two reasons why Rampage will lose:

1- Rampage just came out of a title loss, psycological problem, jail, ...etc.
2- The two previous (BRUTAL) losses are stamped in Rampage's subliminal mind, and the memories will tend to naturally bring awarness and fear.

If Rampage is recovered, and came over the loss and beating he suffered in the first two fights, then we might see an evenly matched fight, otherwise, Silva all the way.
jawbreaker517
12/4/08 10:50:26PM
Silva will make it three in a row.