Quinton Jackson: PRIDE Referees to Blame for Losses to Wanderlei Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Jackson: PRIDE Referees to Blame for Losses to Wanderlei Silva
madmarck
12/17/07 2:06:25PM
Before signing a contract with the UFC and making his octagon debut this past February, current UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson suffered two losses to recent UFC signee Wanderlei Silva in PRIDE. However, Jackson says the two knockouts victories are the fault of PRIDE’s referees and that the losses would have never happened in the UFC.
Link
Manak
12/17/07 2:13:34PM
yea i agree they got stood up way to early but that still doesn't cut the fact he got rocked and KO, probably could have been a different outcome had it stayed more on the ground but he still got caught so it doesn't matter, cant wait for the rematch with the bad blood coming back
wrona666
12/17/07 2:24:58PM
Unless the Ref was the one doing the Knees to the face this just sounds like excuses to me....Even if it was an early stand up that doesnt change the fact that he got knocked out.....
insaneshayne
12/17/07 2:41:57PM
Makes sense, but the same can be said for any fighter that would rather have the fight stay on the ground only to have it stood up "Too Early" in their opinion. Then for them to get KTFO. Sounds like excuses to me though. Should be a great third fight when they meet in the UFC.
loller90278
12/17/07 2:58:46PM
that's the silliest thing ive ever heard.. first he says that pride was crooked, and now hes blaming the refs? pride was all about the action, and if you're on the ground too long with no action, of course you're going to get stood up. man, rampage is losing brownie points with me
mrsmiley
12/17/07 3:05:09PM
Rampage is one of my all time favirotes,but I can't agree with him here.Though in their second fight,I think Rampage would have won if the first round hadn't of ended when it did.Right at the end he pretty much had Wanderlei in lala land,but the bell rang.

that's how the game is played though.
kerazzle
12/17/07 4:26:23PM
I like Rampage but he got 2 chances against wanderlei and got destroyed. I realy don't think he should make excuses but hey, he always does.
nastshabast
12/17/07 5:11:30PM
Rampage shouldn't be using the refs as an excuse because we all know that no matter what organization it is the refs always make weirdo calls.

I think the organizations interests come into effect with the refs.

For example the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight. There is no way those boys get stood up if they are not the main event, and one of them is not a huge signee.

Imo the only reason that fight got stood up is so Cro Cop could knock Zag out.
candynuts
12/17/07 7:22:58PM

Posted by nastshabast

Rampage shouldn't be using the refs as an excuse because we all know that no matter what organization it is the refs always make weirdo calls.

I think the organizations interests come into effect with the refs.

For example the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight. There is no way those boys get stood up if they are not the main event, and one of them is not a huge signee.

Imo the only reason that fight got stood up is so Cro Cop could knock Zag out.

Haha, when I was reading everyones post I immediately thought of Cro Cop and Gonzaga fight, but you beat me to it. I agree with what you said.

KipDynamite
12/17/07 10:09:52PM
I dont remember Rich blamming the refs when he fell victim to the Chute Boxe clinch! Learn from and get over it! Hes worried about fighting him again....thats what this is all about.
aaa9erh8er
1/27/08 11:11:28AM
lol i was gonna say the exact same thing about rich he got the same knees to his face and tok the same chute boxe beating. i think its a cop out on rampages part but hell maybe not mabe if they fight tody he will win who knows anymore in this crazy ass sport.
NineDuce
1/27/08 9:03:19PM
i usually like quintons' comments but this pisses me off, the ref's didnt KO you man wandy did....end of story, lets just see a pointless 3rd fight and see if you can beat him like you beatdown chuck twice
NineDuce
1/28/08 7:59:03PM
i wonder which one hes talking about the one where he gets kneed a bunch until he falls over or the one where he gets kneed and the ref saves him from going into a coma
chubbud22
1/29/08 6:03:21PM
What a winer.
THE_DRiZzLE
1/30/08 2:24:34AM
Page is one of my favorite fighters, but i can't agree with him.. i have to wonder though if it's just a ploy to get into Silva's head.. and build some static for a rematch..
mmadb
1/30/08 9:45:07AM
You have just gotten better at not respecting RAMPAGE (+1)