Quinton Jackson: PRIDE Officials Offered a Bonus for Loss

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Jackson: PRIDE Officials Offered a Bonus for Loss
aznteabagger
6/12/07 8:13:14PM
Recently crowned UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson claims that PRIDE Fighting Championships officials offered him a $2,000 bonus if he would lose his July 2001 PRIDE debut to popular Japanese fighter Kazushi Sakuraba by knockout or technical submission.

LINK
Primo
6/12/07 8:42:07PM
Rampage is a sore ******* loser. Let's go over his many excuses for his fight vs Sakuraba...1. He was poisoned by an energy bar 2. He was nervous 3. He had to cut 25 lbs in one night 4. He was severely injured....

The guy makes fun of Chuck for havin excuses, he seriously needs to shut the **** up and quit being embarassed that Sakuraba tapped him out. He's a great fighter and I'm a fan, but this is getting old. Bring in Shogun to leave him a heap of broken bones again.
MisFiT
6/12/07 9:01:50PM

Posted by Primo

Rampage is a sore ******* loser. Let's go over his many excuses for his fight vs Sakuraba...1. He was poisoned by an energy bar 2. He was nervous 3. He had to cut 25 lbs in one night 4. He was severely injured....

The guy makes fun of Chuck for havin excuses, he seriously needs to shut the **** up and quit being embarassed that Sakuraba tapped him out. He's a great fighter and I'm a fan, but this is getting old. Bring in Shogun to leave him a heap of broken bones again.

Ooooh, a bit crushed that Pride really has sketchy deals goin on behind the scenes and someone finally brings it out into the open? Calm down, no need to get all offended. I've heard about this numerous times before, guess it's pretty solid now.
bayonetxwork
6/12/07 9:52:27PM

Posted by Primo

uhh chill out?
awechet
6/12/07 9:57:02PM

Posted by Primo

Rampage's story does not even sound like an excuse it just show's you how corrupt DSE was in the early days of Pride example: almost every Takada fight. What does Page have to gain by badmouthing a company that doest even operate MMA anymore.
xthe_scottx
6/12/07 9:59:37PM

Posted by Primo

Are you unaware that all of Takada's wins in PRIDE were worked? It isn't surprising that the fighter who was going to fight one of PRIDE's biggest draws and most popular Japanese fighter was offered money to lose. There is no need to be so immature about this.
theprofessor
6/12/07 10:54:03PM
Okay, he was offered money to take a dive. The question I have is, Did he take the offer or did he go in and get subbed?
xthe_scottx
6/12/07 11:06:00PM

Posted by theprofessor

Okay, he was offered money to take a dive. The question I have is, Did he take the offer or did he go in and get subbed?

He would get this bonus if he didn't tap to a submission or KO and he did tap so this $2000 bonus wasn't received.
the-james
6/13/07 12:04:59AM

Posted by Primo

OH WOW! its almost common knowledge that pride put on works back in the day, remember Coleman vs Takada or Sakuraba vs Mezger, i also find it odd that you have Rampage in your Av but you hate him so much. Your obvisously a Pridehugger who doesnt want to believe it was corrupt.
Primo
6/13/07 12:05:49AM
1st of all i know about the takada fights and all you so called knowledgeable fans forgot to mention the first two fights in the HWGP 04 for ogawa were also works. I know how DSE was.

The bottom line is Rampage has already made plenty of excuses for his loss to Sakuraba, this is another. He's injured, nervous, poisoned by an energy bar delivered by the yakuza, paid off etc. He needs to shut his mouth and worry about Hendo. What does he have to gain by badmouthing PRIDE?? I think it's obvious he's embarassed american fans think of sakuraba as that guy that just fought Gracie, and he's embarassed he lost to him, why do you think he's mentioning it now???
Primo
6/13/07 12:07:36AM
Rampage is in my av because he finally shut up the UFC idiots about Chuck, but if you want I'll put one in of Shogun crushing his ribs and dignity.
MisFiT
6/13/07 12:28:44AM
shut up, you assume too much.
xthe_scottx
6/13/07 12:55:14AM

Posted by Primo

1st of all i know about the takada fights and all you so called knowledgeable fans forgot to mention the first two fights in the HWGP 04 for ogawa were also works. I know how DSE was.

The bottom line is Rampage has already made plenty of excuses for his loss to Sakuraba, this is another. He's injured, nervous, poisoned by an energy bar delivered by the yakuza, paid off etc. He needs to shut his mouth and worry about Hendo. What does he have to gain by badmouthing PRIDE?? I think it's obvious he's embarassed american fans think of sakuraba as that guy that just fought Gracie, and he's embarassed he lost to him, why do you think he's mentioning it now???

First off, I was using Takada as an example to prove a point. Second, how many American fans do you think even know who Sakuraba is? And lastly, how is this an excuse for the reason he lost? He didn't get this bonus and never stated in this article or the Sherdog article on this that he threw or even meant to throw the fight. Please, if all your post are going to be like this, don't post here. I'm not trying to be rude but you sure are and no one wants to hear it.
Primo
6/13/07 1:48:37AM
You shut up buzzard. and Yes Rick Rude Rampage did not say he did it, but he did not say he didn't either...he left it open for speculation. You know what's a work?? Shamrock vs Ortiz 2 and 3....that's a work.
xthe_scottx
6/13/07 1:51:41AM

Posted by Primo

You know what's a work?? Shamrock vs Ortiz 2 and 3....that's a work.

Mayo
6/13/07 1:55:43AM
It's sounding a lot like Sherdog around here
Leland
6/13/07 8:17:51AM

Posted by Mayo

It's sounding a lot like Sherdog around here

Sherdog people are hearing about us I hope they go back to Sherdog