Quinton Jackson preparing for UFC 91 fight with Wanderlei Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Jackson preparing for UFC 91 fight with Wanderlei Silva
MMAcca
9/16/08 11:45:58PM
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (28-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has begun preparations for a UFC 91 fight with Wanderlei Silva (32-8-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC).

Sources within Jackson's new camp at the Wolfslair Academy tell MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Jackson has agreed to the Nov. 15 bout and has already begun a six-week fight camp with the U.K.-based team.

However, the UFC has yet to announce the bout, and neither fighter could publicly confirm the match-up.

The Jackson-Silva bout will likely serve as the co-main event to UFC 91's headline fight of UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar. The fight card, which also includes Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson, takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

MMARated.com first reported earlier this month that the Jackson-Silva fight was close to being finalized.

Jackson, who faces two felony (and four misdemeanor) charges stemming from a July hit-and-run and subsequent police chase in California, will return to competition for the first time since the bizarre incident and his recent split with longtime trainer and friend Juanito Ibarra. Under Ibarra's guidance, Jackson had won six consecutive fights, which included a first-round TKO of then-champ Chuck Liddell in May 2007, before his May title loss to Forrest Griffin.

LINK
jgtribbett
9/17/08 12:01:46AM
everyone remember when quinto was having rough times and he came out and fought Ninja (right before Shogun called him out).

I expect to see a repeat of that and with that; a repeat of the last two fights with silva.

silva 3rd TKO
hodge
9/17/08 8:15:14AM
Please god send out the Wanderlei of old
emfleek
9/17/08 9:32:37AM
I'm f'ing STOKED for this fight. Super sweet.
FantasyFighter
9/17/08 9:33:58AM
I just hope that Wand doesnt take him lightly because I think Jackson is a whole lot better than he was the last time they fought. He seems to have improved quite a bit in the last couple years and he is threat to beat anybody he fights. With that said, I cant wait to see my favorite fighter back in action!!!

Here's hoping we see another vintage Wanderlei performance!!!!
wrona666
9/17/08 11:23:06AM
I hope he is preparing for a brutal KO by knee strikes!!!!!!!
RMFG_187
9/17/08 3:56:22PM
Rampage will KHTFO. I love Wandy, but Rampage is on a different level now.
jocka
9/17/08 4:02:15PM
I honestly don't care who wins i just want the fight to happends its gonna be swweeeeeet
sparky
9/17/08 5:49:02PM
Wanderlei is already in rampages head. Quinton hasn't let go of those losses yet and that will only make the third fight worse in my opinion.

Wanderlei / 3rd rd / ko-tko