Quinton Jackson vs Houston Alexander

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Quinton Jackson vs Houston Alexander
hammerhead1
9/11/07 8:03:28AM
I think that would be a great fight they are both stand up fighters it would be a great fight!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mastodon2
9/11/07 8:50:28AM
I see Jackson wrecking Alexander as soon as he gases out at the end of the first round. Alexander is too wild, Rampage is great under pressure, he could shoot him down, I'm sure of it.
mrsmiley
9/11/07 9:47:40AM
I say Rampage all the way.Even if Houston Alexander was out striking Jackson,I think he's got a good enough chin to where he could close the gap and keep him in a clinch,then overpower him and take him down.Alexanders best bet would be to work on his knees from the clinch phase of combat and tire Rampage down from their.
loonytnt
9/11/07 11:58:37AM
id like to see if alexander can beat Chuck now i think that be a good fight
warglory
9/11/07 12:03:14PM
Chuck would be a horrible choice for Houston. Chuck is possibly the best counter puncher in MMA, and Houston with his rash emotions, would undoubtedly charge Chuck like Babalu and get himself knocked out.

As far as Rampage goes, Houston hasn't proven himself to be worthy competition for Quinton, so based on inexperience I think Page would roll over him.
Twenty20Dollars
9/11/07 2:15:45PM
I just want to see them slug it out.
DevonFoxy
9/11/07 2:20:49PM
I think Houston uses his strength to win his matches and i think this would be a problem in the fight with the undisputed champ.
DJDark41
9/11/07 4:59:29PM
I think that Houston Alexander doesn't even belong in the same sentance as Rampage, let along in the same cage for a fight. Rampage via brutal beatdown.
xchickox
9/11/07 6:07:10PM
no point in this fight at all, rampage would destroy alexander in the first or second round, alexander still has to prove himself first
Ultimate_fighter
9/12/07 1:12:19AM
Rampage loves to stand.... he would stand and KO him... this would for surely be a first round KO....This fight would be so damn wild!!!
ultimatefighter33
9/12/07 9:52:52PM
its to early for houston to beat jackson but houston is a monster i would like top see houston vs wandy now that fight is awesome i would give it to wandy though
fullerene
9/12/07 10:03:26PM
I still haven't figured Alexander out. How does a guy pop out of nowhere at 34 years old and beat two experienced contenders training out of top camps? Unless I'm mistaken the guy has no competitive experience in boxing, kickboxing, judo, sub grappling or anything. Maybe he wrestled in high school (?), but even that would have been 15+ years ago.

Is he really this unpolished diamond or is MMA still so green a sport that a guy with some talent and aggression can match the skill level of top competitors with only a modicum of training? I'm rooting for him to do well, just so I don't have to believe the latter conclusion, but he's a long way from convincing me he can fight with Jackson. He hasn't even fought a wrestler yet.
Jackelope
9/12/07 10:26:02PM

Posted by fullerene

I still haven't figured Alexander out. How does a guy pop out of nowhere at 34 years old and beat two experienced contenders training out of top camps? Unless I'm mistaken the guy has no competitive experience in boxing, kickboxing, judo, sub grappling or anything. Maybe he wrestled in high school (?), but even that would have been 15+ years ago.

Is he really this unpolished diamond or is MMA still so green a sport that a guy with some talent and aggression can match the skill level of top competitors with only a modicum of training? I'm rooting for him to do well, just so I don't have to believe the latter conclusion, but he's a long way from convincing me he can fight with Jackson. He hasn't even fought a wrestler yet.

Good post. Looks like Alexander's only loss so far is by submission. Like everyone else I suspect his ground game, but until I see it go down there I can't make a judgement call. I've seriously looked at the guy and thought "Roids??" several times. That aggression is unnatural. Then again, I don't want to get into a conversation about the effects of steroids again.
Pitbull09
9/12/07 11:21:58PM
I was thinking about this today, Houston is in the mix with the top guys now but I dont think he's conditioned enough for this. Rampage is a new fighter than he was in Japan and you can be sure he's not going down easy for anyone.