Quinton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Quinton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin
Next Page »
POLL: Rampage vs Griffin
Rampage Jackson 70% (76)
Forrest Griffin 30% (32)
Ultimate_fighter
12/10/07 6:47:25PM
Just based off their training, who do u think will win the Ultimate Fighter? Who's gonna win the fight?
(The poll is for who is going to win the fight)
tylerlee123
12/10/07 6:50:12PM
Im really hoping griffin becomes the first ultimate fighter to win a belt, i think he has what it takes , hopefully a KO
tuvok500
12/10/07 6:54:56PM

Posted by tylerlee123

Im really hoping griffin becomes the first ultimate fighter to win a belt, i think he has what it takes , hopefully a KO

i am sorry but you forgot Serra !!

he won the TUF 4 series and won the belt after that.
i know it is not like a new guy that they build up with there series like Forrest or Rashad, but technically he was the first TUF winner to win a UFC belt .

nickcuc547
12/10/07 7:14:22PM
i have no idea who is a better coach but rampage should win the fight, he has too much strength for griffin. forrest doesnt have the ko power either, rampage by gnp.
JBatch
12/10/07 8:36:30PM
The show I think Forrest wins. Even though they are changing the format he has been through the isolation and show experience plus he trains with Couture and Randy is on record saying he has to force him to stop training at times.

I even remember when Forrest was first on the show Randy and Chuck didn't want him cuz he was seen as a wild man especially after he busted Bonnar open in sparring.

Forrest wins the show and loses in the final in a war. I say it goes the distance but Jackson's power wins a positional battle. Forrest showed in his Tito fight he can defend the TD but Rampage is huge.
bayonetxwork
12/10/07 9:12:48PM
I think Jackson wins both. Juanito is sick, and so is the rest of his crew.
SexPanther
12/10/07 9:55:46PM
I like forrest but i just think page will be to much for him.
d_block07
12/11/07 12:19:39AM
im taking forrets, impossible to finish, really smart especially if hes training at cotoure, he could trian with wanderlei whose beaten rampage twice. even if he gets taken down hes good off his back im taking forrest all the way

on the show itll be interesting to see who forrest brings as his assistants. i know rampage will bring juanito which will mean he have a pretty solid team. this is gonna be an awesome season.
cloppio
12/11/07 2:02:26AM
everyone said forrest didn't stand a chance against rua. i don't think he should be counted out. it'll be real tough to beat jackson, but i think he's got a shot.
SexPanther
12/11/07 10:40:49AM
jackson is a bad fight for forrest

jackson will manhandle him
Franklinfan47
12/11/07 11:00:12AM
Rampage is going to smash Forrest
prozacnation1978
12/11/07 12:04:07PM
good fight, after shogun forrest wins the title shot by default, but still forrest has alot of heart but i see rampage knocking him out in the first. but then again 2007 was the year of the upset, this has upset written all over it
bayonetxwork
12/11/07 4:14:05PM

Posted by SexPanther

jackson is a bad fight for forrest

jackson will manhandle him

Jackson's a bad fight for anyone except Wandy.
sweeptheleg99
12/11/07 4:23:01PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i have no idea who is a better coach but rampage should win the fight, he has too much strength for griffin. forrest doesnt have the ko power either, rampage by gnp.

Ya, thats pretty much the way I see it going as well. If Rampage was smart, he would take Forrest down rather than stand with him and just grind him into TKO/Sub.

But whatever happens, it should be a good fight. Still a bit of a surprise to me that Forrest gets the immediate shot. I know he pretty much dominated Shogun, but i say he needs to beat jardine to get to a title shot.jardine may have lost to Alexander, but he beat Forrest and Chuck...I think thats pretty convincing.

And what about Tito!!?? Oh ya, he is apprenticing.
gsquat
12/11/07 5:23:58PM
Unquestionably the skill and experience goes to Rampage, but so was the case with Griffin vs Rua. I'll never count Forrest out, but I'd still put money on Rampage to win the fight standing and/or definitely on the ground.

I think its rediculous to even ponder on who is going to win on the show. It more about the fighters and their skills than the coaches who train them.
ufcboss
12/12/07 3:30:09AM
I think it's funny that he has been written off already by most, Hardly anyone would stand up and say that he would beat Shogun, Now a few more people agree that he can stand with Rampage.

Forrest will be the underdog, IMO about a +400, But he can win.
Rampage is a force but I am still not rating him as a unstoppable fighter, He scored a quick KO, Then had a 5 round war with a 185'er, This fight will push him.

I see Forrest winning this one.

HUGE UPSET.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cmill21
12/12/07 4:04:49AM

Posted by ufcboss

I think it's funny that he has been written off already by most, Hardly anyone would stand up and say that he would beat Shogun, Now a few more people agree that he can stand with Rampage.

Forrest will be the underdog, IMO about a +400, But he can win.
Rampage is a force but I am still not rating him as a unstoppable fighter, He scored a quick KO, Then had a 5 round war with a 185'er, This fight will push him.

I see Forrest winning this one.

HUGE UPSET.

Lol why are people calling Hendo a 185'er? He's a whateverhewantstobe'er. He's beat Big Nog at HW(top 2 on most peoples list), Wand at LHW(top 2 at the time more then likely), and a number of high quality MW's. He's beaten better competition at HW and LHW then he has at MW because he hasn't beaten at top 2 at MW. Rampage not dominating Henderson is not a story, the fact that he beat an amazing fighter should be.
Hurricane_Brad
12/12/07 1:21:17PM
I don't think Forrest will be able to hang with Jackson. He doesn't have the KO power to compete with Rampage standing, and I think Rampage would dominate him on the ground as well. IMO it will be Rampage by KO, round 2.
gimmper
12/12/07 7:54:48PM
Very good responses...I agree Rampage via KO...but what a potential war
SexPanther
12/12/07 8:17:19PM
I dont think forrest lasts ay longer than 3 rounds with page.

Forrest is a very good fighter but rampage is gonna clearly win this fight, probably finish it.
fly24hops
12/13/07 3:12:18AM
IMO this fight will go to the judges but Rampage will win without question
DieSlow
12/13/07 3:40:44AM
FG is a great fighter, smart, aware of the evolution of the sport and what it takes to win I think he will win in the coaching arena.
BUT.....
That being said, Rampage will most likely destroy him in the ring. I am not a Rampage fan but realistically he has far more power than Griffin.
I say Rampage by KO in 2nd round when they actually meet.
sweeptheleg99
12/13/07 9:06:48AM
I really do think this will be a great fight. We all know about FG's heart and he is obvious game to hang standing with Page.

If the fight hits the mat, then you have to give the advantage to Page. I think its a good bet to put a few bucks on Forrest for the upset though. Like it was mentioned earlier, he will prob be a +300 to +400.
ics39
12/14/07 2:22:01AM
Wow, a lot of people giving credit to Forrest for beating a Rua with no cardio! Are you all saying its the same as beating Shogun WITH cardio? This is laughable. Forrest has no shot against an in shape Shogun or an in shape Rampage.

But if Rampage comes in with no cardio for whatever reason, Forrest probably would win.

Anybody could have subbed Shogun by that point in the fight, he couldn't even breathe much less move normally. One loss does not negate the fact that he has dominated more top fighters in his division then any other fighter.

The best Shogun/Rampage beats the best Forrest 10/10.
Pinkalicous
12/14/07 4:38:46AM
As far as the show goes im not sure i think it will be one of if not the best tuf yet.

As far as the fight im going for the underdog, ill take Forrest. after his fight with Rua i can see him beating anyone. i know Rampage is the champ and is almost unstoppable now with his new team. but Forrest has the heart and the desire not to mention a chin that is amazing.

The only thing i really know for sure is that in the Fight Forrest will get busted open.

fullerene
12/14/07 9:09:52AM
Rampage is a level above Forrest as an MMA fighter, but so was Shogun. The thing I like about Forrest is that he's one of the few "brawlers" to take boxing training seriously and his technique has improved dramatically as a result. He throws straight punches and moves his feet well now, which is something he didn't do in the past and something a lot of MMA fighters don't do. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the better of it on his feet. Rampage would be able to take him down if that is his gameplan, but he's been known to stand and bang even when it's against his better interest.

I still lean towards Rampage, but I don't think Forrest is as outmatched as many others do.
JWils
12/14/07 9:22:36AM

Posted by ics39

Wow, a lot of people giving credit to Forrest for beating a Rua with no cardio! Are you all saying its the same as beating Shogun WITH cardio? This is laughable. Forrest has no shot against an in shape Shogun or an in shape Rampage.

Part of the fight is showing up in top condition. Give Griffin some respect. He was the better fighter that night. End of story.

As for Rampage vs. Griffin, I'd say Rampage should be the favorite due to the fact he survived Dan Henderson. But Forrest can never be counted out, I see this one going the distance with Rampage earning a pretty clear UD win.
Boo_Radley21
12/14/07 9:29:59AM

Posted by ics39

But if Rampage comes in with no cardio for whatever reason, Forrest probably would win.

Anybody could have subbed Shogun by that point in the fight, he couldn't even breathe much less move normally. One loss does not negate the fact that he has dominated more top fighters in his division then any other fighter.

The best Shogun/Rampage beats the best Forrest 10/10.

I'm getting kind of sick of people bitching about how Shogun wasn't in shape. Boo hoo. He's a professional fighter and should know to get in shape for a fight. Oh no, he had a torn ACL. That's his loss. If it was affecting him that much that he was gonna come in out of shape and gas after the pace Forrest set early in the fight he should have backed out. It's not like he's gonna get fired or anything. He was injured, it happens to guys all the time. Quit making excuses for the guy. He got his ass kicked. He even said he didn't want to use the injury as an excuse for losing the fight. So why are people sitting here praising him and saying he wasn't in shape. It's his fault, he got his ass kicked, leave it at that and give Forrest some god damn credit.

Now that I got that out of my system... this fight will be a war, its going to be intense and it could go either way. Rampage will probably take it but I'm not going to count Forrest out.
ics39
12/14/07 11:19:32AM
The two guys above me are absolutely right! Forrest was the better fighter THAT NIGHT. I'm NOT MAKING EXCUSES, we all saw the fight and saw him get his ass kicked. He deserved to get his ass kicked for coming in looking like that. But once again, it makes no sense to assume Forrest can beat the Shogun that was #1, which is my point! Just because Shogun looked like absolute crap, doesn't mean Forrest is any better then before that fight.

I'm getting sick of people saying, "well Forrest beat Shogun, so..." The circumstances of the fight are everything. If they weren't, everyone would be praising Filho on how awesome he is, still being undefeated....we all know how this is going.

This is not intelligent reasoning. Forrest might has well have beat a can that night, so there is no reason to elevate him to godlike status. Top fighter respect is earned by consistently beating top fighters, not eeking out decisions and losing to guys like Jardine.
pv3Hpv3p
12/14/07 11:34:02AM
To add my 0.02$ about the Shogun / Forrest fight... Rua wasn't in shape... that's a fact, but it wasn't because he got lazy it was because he had a knee injury and couldn't train cardio effectively...

I understand all the haters will say... "He should have trained anyways, he's a proffesional" or "he should have pulled out of the fight if he was injured"... But it's not that simple...

For 1... He did take Forrest too lightly and thought he could beat him when he was less than 100%... 2... Because he is a professional he didn't back out of the fight... But anyone who has seen a Shogun fight, knows that is not how Shogun fights... No offense, but he looked like Ninja, lol...

Anyways... back on topic... Rampage has a huge iron chin, Forrest doesn't have KO power... We've seen Forrest get KO'd and I think we'll see it again... I like Forrest and all, and hope I don't have to see him crying in the corner of the octogon again, but I don't see any way he wins this fight
Pages: [1] 2