Quinton Jackson:Forrest ain't going to make it to the 5th

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Jackson:Forrest ain't going to make it to the 5th
Porch28
6/30/08 9:09:12PM
"That fight with me and Forrest ain't going to the judges. I'm going to be victorious and I'm going to win that fight in exciting manner; whether it's knockout, TKO, submission or getting him to tap out, something's going down. Something is going to happen. Forrest ain't going to make it to the 5th,"

LINK
holt8081
6/30/08 11:22:34PM
Ya I would like to see Griffin get Knocked out in the 3rd round
jae_1833
6/30/08 11:30:01PM
That's a safe bet....I sure as hell wouldn't go with a sub....what the hell is Rampage talking about there?? If anyone has an advantage in that department it would have to be Forrest....just look at what he did to Shogun!
throwmeahotone
7/1/08 12:22:30AM
isnt that what he said about Hendo???
cmill21
7/1/08 2:44:52AM

Posted by throwmeahotone

Hendo's head is a block of iron though lol.
EON
7/1/08 3:25:47AM
not even wanderlei's techniques can help forrest, hes going for a dirt nap
whardin19
7/1/08 7:24:28AM
Even though I'm routing for Forrest in this fight, I have to tend to agree with Rampage. This fight is definetally not going into the 5th round. I see Rampage winning this fight in the 2nd or 3rd round by TKO. But, if this fight does go all 5 rounds it's because Forrest is keeping his distance by using his jab. If this is a 5 round fight it's Forrest's all the way.
jgtribbett
7/1/08 7:49:28AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by throwmeahotone

Hendo's head is a block of iron though lol.

yes, hendo doesnt get knocked out.. subed and decisioned yes.. but not KO'd

oh, forrest rd 4 (i kinda think this will be a rigged chuck/wandy type fight ... ya know.. "keep it standing boys, make it exciting"
ThePlague
7/1/08 10:47:26AM
I think Forest will go for some takedowns and try to play it safe for awhile, unfortunately he doesn't have the gas tank Rampage does, and I think that when he starts breathing heavy it'll be the beginning of the end. I don't know if Chuck/Rampage-1 is too old to use as reference, but that's kind of how I see this one going.
MFOTHER
7/1/08 12:09:24PM

Posted by ThePlague

I think Forest will go for some takedowns and try to play it safe for awhile, unfortunately he doesn't have the gas tank Rampage does, and I think that when he starts breathing heavy it'll be the beginning of the end. I don't know if Chuck/Rampage-1 is too old to use as reference, but that's kind of how I see this one going.

i would have thought forrest has the superior tank........he's a cardio machine
prozacnation1978
7/1/08 12:18:46PM
i see ko as well by the 3rd
i wanna see a knockout not a 5 round thud
Figsak
7/1/08 3:14:40PM
Saying Forrest's BJJ is better is crap. He gets rear nakeds on guys that are beat up and tired. Thats not a testiment to a mans ground game, that just means he has a habit of winning the fight, and his opponent was either too tired to stop it or gave it out to get out of the fight.

The rear naked is the drunk uncle of the BJJ world.

Neither Forrest OR Rampage has an advantage on the ground.