Quinton Jackson Fighting To KO Rashad Evans-Not For Glory Or Fame

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Jackson Fighting To KO Rashad Evans-Not For Glory Or Fame
DCRage
5/10/10 11:38:41AM
And in recent comments he made on Michael Bisping's website, he wants people to know that...and that apparently he can talk about other fighters without saying "whoop their @$$" at some point. "I still want to clear [something] up...some of my fans don't understand why I didn't fight Rashad in the beginning. I don't think...the fans that don't understand now, I don't think they'll ever understand. Just because I'm a fighter, doesn't mean I can't do other things. I just want my fans to know...no matter what, even though I haven't been in the cage for a while...people think that I went Hollywood, people always got negative stuff to say. People always underestimate me. I've been in this game for a while; I just think it's funny. I'm just gonna go out there and do my job. I wanna knock Rashad out as quick as possible and get on with my career ... I don't fight for glory and fame like some fighters. I don't wanna walk around acting all tough coz I'm a fighter. But when people run they mouth like Rashad...they get dealt with. I hope he learns his lesson."

Article
FlashyG
5/10/10 1:10:13PM
Gotta love the irony of a guy continually running his mouth about the other guy running his mouth!

Can't wait for this fight.
emfleek
5/10/10 1:48:19PM

Posted by FlashyG

Gotta love the irony of a guy continually running his mouth about the other guy running his mouth!

Can't wait for this fight.

My thoughts exactly. I actually can't wait until the weigh-ins to see what kind of shape Quinton is in. At this point, I'm up in the air on who to pick...
MaxOne
5/10/10 2:13:24PM
i'm have no idea who to pick at this point....not like it matters after I lost all my fake money on the Machida fight.
Sam_Rothstein
5/10/10 2:59:18PM
The funny thing is I can close my eyes and see Mr. T saying all that stuff to Sly in Rocky 3.

BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 3:43:03PM
I just don't see an area that favors Rashad. I mean he's a really outstanding wrestler but we all know what Rampage can do. I definitely think that the striking game favors Rampage. The one thing I have noticed about Rashad is that you can almost always catch him with something if you keep the fight going long enough. I knew it was only gonna be a matter of time before Thiago caught him and sure enough he did but ran out of steam. I think Rampage will catch Rashad with one and he won't run out of steam. But yeah, to FlashyG's point, Rampage did most of the sh*t talking and prank pulling on TUF but he's complaining about Rashad?
prozacnation1978
5/10/10 4:55:08PM
I think he going to ko rashad
SpiderSilva
5/10/10 5:21:33PM
i have been waiting for this fight sense the day after rashad won the title i even almost got into a fight with my wifes friends boyfriend because he was telling me how rashad could beat rampage i still feel this fight won't go past the 1st rd even with the layoff rampage is gonna knock rashads block off
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 5:25:13PM
I think you mean "organ" donation.
zxandu
5/10/10 5:36:57PM
So me and BlueSkies have a pending/developing avatar bet regarding the Evans/Jackson fight. I'm picking Evans... this thread, up this point, is really starting to make me regret this little wager with my buddy.

Thoughts?
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 5:39:38PM
My thoughts are..."you're f*cked"
mrsmiley
5/10/10 5:45:50PM

Posted by zxandu

So me and BlueSkies have a pending/developing avatar bet regarding the Evans/Jackson fight. I'm picking Evans... this thread, up this point, is really starting to make me regret this little wager with my buddy.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are this:

Before the Thiago Silva fight I said Rashad would run through Quinton and even though he won that particular bout, Thiago showed Rashad can be bullied in the octagon if you know how to throw your hands. This fight is a tough call but I think it's really gonna depend on how much fight Rampage has got left in him. He always said he was all about the money and where's the most money coming from now,Zuffa or Hollywood?
If Rampage has his heart in this fight he wins,if not Rashad hands him an overwhelming loss. Seeing as how Rampage bowed out of the first fight I still might have to stick with Evans. I think either pick is justified though.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 5:50:07PM
That's basically what I said to zxandu on the phone when we made this bet. Thiago pretty much showed that you can push Rashad around the octagon. Also, he showed that if you stick with it you'll eventually land something on Rashad that will daze him long enough to finish the fight. Thiago tried to rope-a-dope Rashad when he knew he was losing on the score cards but Rashad didn't bite...then he bit and almost got put to sleep. I think Rashad's hatred for Rampage will cause him to fight out of his element. Rashad has shown that he's really content to stand and doesn't use his wrestling against opponents he doesn't think he can get to the ground. That won't be a smart decision against Rampage.
zxandu
5/10/10 6:02:25PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by zxandu

Thoughts?

My thoughts are this:

Before the Thiago Silva fight I said Rashad would run through Quinton and even though he won that particular bout, Thiago showed Rashad can be bullied in the octagon if you know how to throw your hands. This fight is a tough call but I think it's really gonna depend on how much fight Rampage has got left in him. He always said he was all about the money and where's the most money coming from now,Zuffa or Hollywood?
If Rampage has his heart in this fight he wins,if not Rashad hands him an overwhelming loss. Seeing as how Rampage bowed out of the first fight I still might have to stick with Evans. I think either pick is justified though.

I made that same point to BlueSkies, talking about how Rampage retired to film the A-Team. My philosophy is that a man can only serve 1 master. Is rampage an actor or fighter.

I have to think about Oscar De la Hoya. When he won a latin grammy for singing, I thought to myself. For a singer, De La Hoya isn't a bad boxer.
brutalbones
5/10/10 9:36:14PM
Rashad will use his speed and leg kicks to win this fight.
Bloodhound
5/10/10 10:34:34PM
Rampage is gonna stuff Rashad's takedown attempts than overwhelm Rashad with his power. Rampage by T/KO