Quinton Jackson Feels Threatened by Rashad Evans

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quinton Jackson Feels Threatened by Rashad Evans
DCRage
7/29/09 12:54:57PM
So says, not surprisingly, Rashad Evans. In recent comments to FightHype on filming of TUF 10, Evans said the two were basically Tito Ortiz & Ken Shamrock all the time they were together in terms of wanting to get their hands on each other and Rashad thought Rampage felt threatened by him.

Article
joshryanshepherd
7/29/09 1:04:50PM
i think Quinton is more afraid of Rashad than Rashad being afraid of him. i think Jackson gets nervous when other people arent scared of him.

definately gonna be an awesome fight. not sure who'll take it. probably QJ.
Aether
7/29/09 1:19:34PM
whatever you need to tell yourself, Rashad.
george112
7/29/09 1:35:27PM

hahaha i was thinking the same thing
KaibaThedon
7/29/09 1:51:04PM
They should make this one a 5 rounder... It would be a WAR!!

unless someone gets KO'ed early!

SpiderSilva
7/29/09 2:03:14PM
once Rashad finds out his stndup isn't on the level of rampage he will be sacred and end up getting KOed I don't see this fight going past the 2nd and ending with a KO win for rampage
chickmagnet
7/29/09 2:13:12PM
Rashad by KO....yeah I said it. When Rampage fought Jardine he had openings, and quite a few. I expect Rampage to throw alot of shots and let emotion take over, I think Rashad will catch him with an overhand right....
Aaronno9
7/29/09 2:30:37PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Rashad by KO....yeah I said it. When Rampage fought Jardine he had openings, and quite a few. I expect Rampage to throw alot of shots and let emotion take over, I think Rashad will catch him with an overhand right....

On the same note, when Rashad fought Chuck and Forrest he was loosing both fights before the k.o, so obviously he leaves openings aswell.

I think Rampage will take a UD in this fight. You just need to look at some of the guys hes been in the ring/cage with to know hes not scared or threatened by Rashad Evans.
UFCmma666
7/29/09 2:45:35PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

once Rashad finds out his stndup isn't on the level of rampage he will be sacred and end up getting KOed I don't see this fight going past the 2nd and ending with a KO win for rampage

i heard something similar before the liddell fight
wrona666
7/29/09 2:57:14PM
I can't stand eigther of these guys, but i think i dislike Rashad more.......I see eigther Rampage by KO or Rashad by UD......
1daveufc
7/29/09 3:00:28PM
Rashad just trying to wind rampage up he probs do it to. But a thing rampage will win UD.
SpiderSilva
7/29/09 3:13:56PM

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'm sure you did but Rampage isn't Chuck Liddell
RNstanger
7/29/09 4:28:02PM
I'm thinking another Hendo/Bisping situation. Can't wait to see Rashad get KTFO
UFCmma666
7/29/09 4:30:01PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by SpiderSilva

he was still considered far above rashad at the time
innovater450
7/29/09 6:46:49PM
This season of TUF can't come soon enough. I just hope it's not a bust with all the hype about it. Can't wait to hear all the trash talkin between the two (you know it's gonna be hilarious)..........anyways......Rampage by UD!!!
Aether
7/29/09 6:53:43PM
I don't know if I'm going to want to watch this season. I truly hate Rashad. He doesn't even need to open his mouth, I just see his face and instantly he rubs me the wrong way.

I'd like to see him get KOed a few more times actually. I don't think the Machida fight was enough.
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/29/09 7:00:03PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

i think Quinton is more afraid of Rashad than Rashad being afraid of him. i think Jackson gets nervous when other people arent scared of him.

definately gonna be an awesome fight. not sure who'll take it. probably QJ.

I think thats true about Rampage he seemed very tentative going in against Wandy for the 3rd time. Then again look at the outcome, nerves can be a good thing
SpiderSilva
7/29/09 7:26:02PM

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by SpiderSilva

Yeah but Chuck was showing major signs of being close to the end with losses and the fight with Wandi he had lost the KO power and was not able to take a punch like he used to. now Rampage is looking like he might be in his prime
UFCmma666
7/29/09 7:33:11PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by SpiderSilva

Yeah but Chuck was showing major signs of being close to the end with losses and the fight with Wandi he had lost the KO power and was not able to take a punch like he used to. now Rampage is looking like he might be in his prime

this has gotten out of hand i see rampage winning as well but underestimation is a pet peeve of mine
breakdown5
7/29/09 7:54:31PM

Posted by Aether

I don't know if I'm going to want to watch this season. I truly hate Rashad. He doesn't even need to open his mouth, I just see his face and instantly he rubs me the wrong way.

I'd like to see him get KOed a few more times actually. I don't think the Machida fight was enough.

I'm totally watching this season, but just to see Rampage clown Rashad for the entire season and then smoke him in the fight. Will be great...

CwB
7/29/09 8:41:39PM

Posted by Aether

i know its not as satisfying as machida's ko, but watching him lose a ud to tito is a close second P.S. i know it was a draw