quick tap?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » quick tap?
« Previous Page
roadking95th
3/3/08 1:48:50AM
I thought he tapped quick too. Just like all his other fights, he quite. The guy has no heart.

Seriously now, you can't be serious.
LayinFrame
3/3/08 2:13:01AM

Posted by roadking95th

I thought he tapped quick too. Just like all his other fights, he quite. The guy has no heart.

i wish i understood your post. i dont know if i want to cry or laugh. henderson has no heart? cmon now.
Jackelope
3/3/08 2:13:59AM
^ pretty sure that was sarcasm
whardin19
3/3/08 7:08:39AM
I'm not sure he could have lasted any long without passing out. That choke was in tight! So I think he would have passed out before the end of the round. He held out as long as he could. Now I'm just waiting for his next fight against Yushin Okami. In my mind if this fight doesn't happen its a shame.
whardin19
3/3/08 7:09:51AM

Posted by Kpro

I viewed it as more so a lack of trying to stop the RNC than a quick tap. Once it was in there was no other option.

He just didn't seem to give a good effort to protect his neck from it, the arm just slid right around the neck without struggle. But after taking a few of those shots, he was probably more rocked than we realized.

Well said. Can't argue with any of that.
pv3Hpv3p
3/3/08 10:12:30AM
I can't believe that some of you guys would question wether or not Dan tapped too early... Talk about armchair quarterbacks...

Half of the posts on here are about... Why couldn't Hendo hold on for a measaly 15 more seconds?... Dan didn't do enough to defend the RNC... It's just amazing to me that a bunch of people sitting behind a monitor can judge a guy that gets in a cage with the best fighters in the world, and talk about his lack of heart or effort...

boo you
woodmo
3/3/08 10:30:55AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I can't believe that some of you guys would question wether or not Dan tapped too early... Talk about armchair quarterbacks...

Half of the posts on here are about... Why couldn't Hendo hold on for a measaly 15 more seconds?... Dan didn't do enough to defend the RNC... It's just amazing to me that a bunch of people sitting behind a monitor can judge a guy that gets in a cage with the best fighters in the world, and talk about his lack of heart or effort...

boo you

Bravo, well said.
chitown97
3/3/08 11:00:22AM
BJJ Black Belt + Body Triangle + Deep Rear Naked Choke = Submission

He would not have made it five more seconds let alone ten. He is a tough guy and knew what he was doing, I am positive that wasn't the first time he was in that position. Let's be realistic, Silva is just that good.
saemskin
3/3/08 2:06:13PM
I would like to hear from Dan what happened to him.

It didnt seem like he was defending that choke at all. and when he got up something looked very wrong with him and he told his corner that he couldnt put the shirt on with a giant wince on his face.

Either Silva had him partially knocked out when he took his back, or I think he had something broken...

I agree with the above though. "heart" is not something any of you are ever going to be qualified to discuss when it comes down to it. You are not them. You do not know what was going through their heads...
Jackelope
3/3/08 2:13:33PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

boo you

EXACTLY.

I guess instead of trying to talk some sense into them I should have just straight up said it like this.
Rush
3/3/08 3:19:28PM
I basically saw it as a weak attempt to defend it, but in Dan's defense, he was rocked prior to going to the ground. That choke was tight and I think he would ahve been out in 2 secs if he didn't tap.
Bizaboom
3/4/08 12:09:43AM

Posted by chitown97

BJJ Black Belt + Body Triangle + Deep Rear Naked Choke = Submission

He would not have made it five more seconds let alone ten. He is a tough guy and knew what he was doing, I am positive that wasn't the first time he was in that position. Let's be realistic, Silva is just that good.

Plus, Silva had a crank on Hendos neck. Hendo took some solid shots and I am willing to bet his head was ringing a little bit.
roadking95th
3/4/08 12:34:18AM

Posted by LayinFrame

Posted by roadking95th

i wish i understood your post. i dont know if i want to cry or laugh. henderson has no heart? cmon now.

it was sarcasm. How can anybody question Hendo heart? Hell, the guy came out to Lunatic Friend and the Greco Nat'l team. Think the guy is going to quite?
Mayhem13
3/4/08 1:13:41AM

Posted by saemskin

I would like to hear from Dan what happened to him.

It didnt seem like he was defending that choke at all. and when he got up something looked very wrong with him and he told his corner that he couldnt put the shirt on with a giant wince on his face.

Either Silva had him partially knocked out when he took his back, or I think he had something broken......

I dont think anything was broken, he was hit with some hard shots, and then nearly choked out...he was probably just dazed still
Pages: 1 [2]