quick tap?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » quick tap?
Next Page »
jocksmall
3/2/08 1:35:36AM
was anyone else suprised dan tapped with less than 10 seconds left in the round and the choke was only applied for a few seconds? granted anderson had stuned dan with strikes and applied the body triangle but wouldnt you think he had some contact with his corner so he would know he had to hold on for only 10 seconds? this was a great event i really enjoyed it but i just wondered if you guys saw the main event like i did if not set me str8.
d_block07
3/2/08 1:39:22AM
it looked to me like he lasted as long as it could. it was definetly longer than just a few seconds tho it was a matter of tapping or napping
bullettdodger
3/2/08 1:42:31AM

Posted by d_block07

it looked to me like he lasted as long as it could. it was definetly longer than just a few seconds tho it was a matter of tapping or napping

That choke was fairly deep and it seemed to me like he deffinitly tried to make it to the end of the round. But Silva was crankin that neck good! Props to Hendo for being classy in defeat.
jocksmall
3/2/08 1:47:05AM
cool i agree it was deep just thought it was quick but im not trying to take anything away from anderson
jiujitsufreak74
3/2/08 1:50:54AM
yea that choke was in really deep and he held it on for a good 10 seconds which is a lot in terms of holding off tapping. dan would have passed out before the round ended if he didn't tap, silva just got the choke on with just enough time to finish. anderson's punches are seriously brutal though. they are tricky to watch because it looks like he is tapping his opponents but then they just suddenly drop leaving me bewildered. his punches are definitely harder then they look. i want anderson to avenge his loss to okami next then maybe rematch hendo. that was a good fight and a rematch could go either way as well. but anyway to solidify my opinion, it was not an early tap by henderson.
ufcboss
3/2/08 1:54:00AM
Cmon, Hendo didnt look like he was going to sleep, But he looked liked he was going NOWHERE.

The expression on Dan's face was priceless, I mean I feel for the guy, He thought he would come and beat Silva and run the Middleweight division for a few fights, Now he is stuck in a division with a champ he cant beat (Like everyone else).

But no excuses's Anderson Silva is the undisputed Middleweight Champion of the world.

I really hope he stays where he is, At Middleweight, And creates a (Even bigger)Legacy. There is no need for him to fight GSP, OR Roy Jones, He is the Champ of the UFC, And he better sit put.

Gladiator
3/2/08 2:20:51AM
I think there was about 17 seconds left, and when u are getting strangled... thats a looooong time. still though, im surprised he didnt try to out last it but he probably didnt know the time
Ultimate_fighter
3/2/08 2:29:16AM
yea he would have went to sleep if he would have waited any longer... henderson looked like he was rocked as well which also could have effected the "quick tap"
roger
3/2/08 2:45:27AM
if he would have stayed in that choke for 10 more sec he would have been out
jiujitsufreak74
3/2/08 2:49:14AM

Posted by ufcboss

Cmon, Hendo didnt look like he was going to sleep, But he looked liked he was going NOWHERE.

yea but had anderson held onto that for the remainder of the round say goodnight to dan henderson. i promise you, he tapped right when he felt he was in danger of losing consciousness in the near future. had that gone on for 5 or 10 more seconds he would have been out.
Mhunt1140
3/2/08 2:54:32AM
Ya it was definitely locked in deep for more than a couple seconds. All I will say is you go ahead and let a BJJ black belt choke you and see if you can last 15 seconds, see if anyone could for that matter. Anderson caught him with a big knee and from then its was basically over. Hendo never recovered from it and he just wouldn't get knocked out.
Jackelope
3/2/08 2:58:24AM
I'm not surprised at all. When you get put in a RNC as clean as that one you go lights out very fast. You're not just choking out the air, you're also performing a blood choke by closing off the carotid arteries. Clean RNC is lights out in less than 10 seconds.
ufcboss
3/2/08 3:05:32AM
Wait hang on, That was a quick tap. Just look at hendo, He was fine!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Jackelope
3/2/08 3:18:19AM
I'm going to have Anderson Silva come over to your house and put you in a RNC just like that with 12 seconds to get out of it. We'll see if you're still conscious, LOL.

His eyes are bugging out and everything, man.. he was going out I don't see the point in trying to rub it in or whatever you're doing, here. Hendo took his loss with class and put on a great show. Why do you need to "make fun" of his face when he's getting choked out. I don't imagine I look very cool when I'm getting choked out, either
CWall33
3/2/08 3:41:34AM

Posted by ufcboss

That picture says it all. Nobody will last 12 more seconds with a RNC locked in like that. You'd be surprised how quickly you lose it with a move like this. As much as I hate to say it, Hendo lost this fight, no questions.
Kpro
3/2/08 3:46:45AM
I viewed it as more so a lack of trying to stop the RNC than a quick tap. Once it was in there was no other option.

He just didn't seem to give a good effort to protect his neck from it, the arm just slid right around the neck without struggle. But after taking a few of those shots, he was probably more rocked than we realized.
CactusBob
3/2/08 8:34:27AM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm not surprised at all. When you get put in a RNC as clean as that one you go lights out very fast. You're not just choking out the air, you're also performing a blood choke by closing off the carotid arteries. Clean RNC is lights out in less than 10 seconds.

A good choke has nothing to do with air entry, it takes several minutes before you pass out from lack of oxygen. That was a fantastic fight (and a good card for me personally).
SmileR
3/2/08 8:39:23AM

Posted by CactusBob

Posted by Jackelope

A good choke has nothing to do with air entry, it takes several minutes before you pass out from lack of oxygen. That was a fantastic fight (and a good card for me personally).

Not if you cut the oxygen off to the brain! I made that mistake with one of my first sparing matches!
You wake up wondering where you are an why people are standing over you.

You pass out pretty quickly if you don't tap and that choke was in deep!
Big props to Silva and Hendo that was a exciting fight!
saemskin
3/2/08 10:43:09AM
Why was Hendo wincing and acting really odd after he got up from tapping? He even told his corner he couldnt put the shirt on?

I think hewas injured somehow during the fight, but is too tough to say "yeah joe, I think my ribs are broken"

Did anyone else notice this?
bls1919
3/2/08 11:52:41AM
When a guy like Silva gets your neck that deep after he stuns you, it gonna be tough not to go out let alone tap out.
cmill21
3/2/08 11:57:49AM

Posted by saemskin

Why was Hendo wincing and acting really odd after he got up from tapping? He even told his corner he couldnt put the shirt on?

I think hewas injured somehow during the fight, but is too tough to say "yeah joe, I think my ribs are broken"

Did anyone else notice this?

No, I thought Hendo fought a dumb second round though. IMO he could still beat Anderson just as easily as he lost tonight if he kept taking him down and inflicting punishment there.
moob
3/2/08 12:00:41PM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by ufcboss

That picture says it all. Nobody will last 12 more seconds with a RNC locked in like that. You'd be surprised how quickly you lose it with a move like this. As much as I hate to say it, Hendo lost this fight, no questions.

Why don't you guys understand sarcasm?
loonytnt
3/2/08 12:35:40PM
a RNC is not a air chock what it does is it cuts the blood off going to the brain, no blood to the brain= about 4sec and you can be out, air you can last a lot longer

dan did the right thing or he would have went out
mrsmiley
3/2/08 4:35:31PM
The look on Dans face seemed to be of shock.It was like he couldn't even believe he was in that posistion.
pmeout
3/2/08 4:39:14PM
I think he will regret taping with only 8 sec left,but that choke was real tight with the body triangle
CWall33
3/2/08 4:54:53PM

Posted by moob

Posted by CWall33

Posted by ufcboss

Why don't you guys understand sarcasm?

I think you may have quoted the wrong person. I understood the sarcasm, and agreed with you.
CactusBob
3/2/08 4:58:50PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by CactusBob

Not if you cut the oxygen off to the brain! I made that mistake with one of my first sparing matches!

Actually, not to be picky, but air does not go to the brain. Air enters the lungs, where oxygen diffuses into the blood stream, and is then carried to the brain. Therefore, a good choke has nothing to do with air entry, but rather blood flow to the brain. That is why you can hold your breath for a couple of minutes while still standing, because there is lots of oxygen still in your respiratory system to use as a reserve, as well as in other systems.
Diamondback2
3/2/08 7:54:53PM
yea dan did admit he was very rocked. and you cannot forget the body triangle, that does mess with the equation as well.

i do think that look on his face was more like "holy shit, hes actually choking me out!"

I do got to admit i was scared for this fight, I wanted Silva to win SOOO BAD. And I knew so well Dan could beat him. That first round was a bit of a scare.

Ne ways, awsome fight on Anderson's part. He put a ding in the iron chin of Dan Henderson. Haven't heard anyone mention that since the fight lol! Seriously, Dan does have a iron chin, but Anderson is just on another level of power!

Jackelope
3/2/08 8:04:00PM

Posted by CactusBob

Posted by SmileR

Posted by CactusBob

Actually, not to be picky, but air does not go to the brain. Air enters the lungs, where oxygen diffuses into the blood stream, and is then carried to the brain. Therefore, a good choke has nothing to do with air entry, but rather blood flow to the brain. That is why you can hold your breath for a couple of minutes while still standing, because there is lots of oxygen still in your respiratory system to use as a reserve, as well as in other systems.

Actually a rear naked choke is both an air choke and a blood choke. You're right about how oxygen goes to the lungs and diffuses, but the buildup of CO2 in your blood cells is what you really have to worry about. When you've been in a fight for 10 minutes, you're breathing hard and your muscles are working hard- that C02 builds up really fast. Anybody who's saying you could go several minutes before oxygen depletion has any kind of an affect on you is straight up wrong.
okilian
3/3/08 1:04:05AM
I dont think that the amount of time left in the round made any difference. 12 seconds is along time when u have run out of air.
Pages: [1] 2