UFC Quick Quote: Urijah Faber opens his mouth and 'Dominick Cruz' comes out

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Urijah Faber opens his mouth and 'Dominick Cruz' comes out
pmoney
12/23/10 6:55:06PM
UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz tells MMAweekly.com that he's not too fond of Urijah Faber throwing jabs at him whenever he gets the chance.

Article

Short article with an interesting quote from the last WEC and first UFC Bantamweight Champion.
pmoney
12/23/10 7:04:48PM
I would like to see Dominick Cruz fight Eddie Wineland first. He has a good run going right now. I say put that together, and maybe do Urijah Faber v. Miguel Torres in a number one contender match! That would be a clash of the titans if they made that one happen, those two ruled 135 and 145 for quite a while.
postman
12/23/10 10:30:46PM

Posted by pmoney

I would like to see Dominick Cruz fight Eddie Wineland first. He has a good run going right now. I say put that together, and maybe do Urijah Faber v. Miguel Torres in a number one contender match! That would be a clash of the titans if they made that one happen, those two ruled 135 and 145 for quite a while.

135 isn't stacked enough to have contenders knocking each other off.
Twenty20Dollars
12/23/10 11:37:15PM
Idk why Faber is supposedly trash talking if he already beat down Cruz with a first round sub. Maybe to try and get a title shot. Idk it's whatever
Chael_Sonnen
12/23/10 11:38:41PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Idk why Faber is supposedly trash talking if he already beat down Cruz with a first round sub. Maybe to try and get a title shot. Idk it's whatever

I see Cruz giving Faber a beat down in the rematch.
sbulldavid
12/24/10 2:20:09AM
Sounds like hype for a new TUF season.
ncordless
12/24/10 4:08:40AM

Posted by pmoney

I like Wineland, but he doesn't have the TDD to keep it on the feet with Cruz. It sounds like it would be an interesting striking match, but I bet it would play out with Cruz on top for five rounds or until he finishes it.
Tyzzler
12/25/10 3:00:16AM
I remember an article in Fighters Only about how all of the animosity first came into fruition. When Dominick Cruz was put against Faber in their headline fight, Cruz's picture was left off the fight card handouts. Cruz thought this was disrespectful, so in the pre-fight signing he signed over Faber's face as a half-joke. This infuriated Faber who said that he was nothing but a disrespectful punk, blah blah.

I've met them both in person and talked to them at pretty good length at a bar. Faber's ust not that personable or friendly. Cruiz, on the other hand, is extremely friendly and talkative and seems completely honored to have someone want a picture with him. The night I met them, at Bowles v Cruiz, Faber was one of my favorite fighters and I barely knew Cruiz. After I liked Cruiz much more.

As far as TUF goes, I'm almost positive these 2 won't be coaches. It would be 2 good rivals with a lot of back-and-forth verbal jabs, but I don't see it happening. For one thing they've already asked Maynard about being the next coach if he beats Edgar. This makes sense as it would introduce more ppl to Maynard or Edgar as they aren't well-known to the masses, and Pettis who is on the verge of being a major superstar. Mostly though, as I've thought since Faber first contemplated dropping weight classes, Faber and Torres would make perfect coaches, the 2 kings of WEC for a long time. I see lightweight coaches this season while Cruiz gets Torres or Faber next, with the UFC hoping Cruiz goes down, and then Torres/Faber as coaches.