UFC Quick Quote: Tim Sylvia to make huge announcement this Friday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Tim Sylvia to make huge announcement this Friday
Next Page »
SmileR
3/27/08 12:21:01AM
On Friday, around 12:00, I’ve got a couple of big announcements to make about my career. So all of my loyal fans will want to stay tuned to my website because this is huge.”

– Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia — who has one fight remaining on his current contract with the promotion — reveals via his official Web site that “huge” news about his career is forthcoming. Setting a date and time seems a bit strange … wonder what it could be?

Link

Heres the link to his website
Cladrix
3/27/08 12:25:18AM
The big news is probably hes switching from a motor scooter (that famous picture) to a segway.
SmileR
3/27/08 12:32:36AM
Its got me wondering what it is!
It can't be anything to do with the title because he'll have to work his way back up.
He can't announce he's leaving the UFC because he's still got 1 fight left on his contract!

As much as I think Tim's style is a bit boring he's still a legit top 5 HW. Unless the UFC are stupid I really don't see him leaving. Also adding Tim to the increasing number of HW free agents would be a major mistake. It would just take the likes of DREAM, WVR or another MMA company sign them an the UFC would have a major rival!

Could it be Arlovski Vs Sylvia 4! Andrei can have his revenge with his first fight back under an new £500,000 a fight contract!
cmill21
3/27/08 12:35:03AM
I'm very curious to see what he has to say.
Manak
3/27/08 12:37:36AM

Posted by cmill21

I'm very curious to see what he has to say.

yea i really have no clue wut he is gonna say
ChokeUout
3/27/08 12:45:29AM

Posted by SmileR

Its got me wondering what it is!
It can't be anything to do with the title because he'll have to work his way back up.
He can't announce he's leaving the UFC because he's still got 1 fight left on his contract!

As much as I think Tim's style is a bit boring he's still a legit top 5 HW. Unless the UFC are stupid I really don't see him leaving. Also adding Tim to the increasing number of HW free agents would be a major mistake. It would just take the likes of DREAM, WVR or another MMA company sign them an the UFC would have a major rival!

Could it be Arlovski Vs Sylvia 4! Andrei can have his revenge with his first fight back under an new £500,000 a fight contract!

Very good points...IT almost has to be with the UFC since he's still tied up....I'm hoping it has to do with his next opponet or a contract extension. I'm hoping he's not retiring (Unlikely he would, but shit, what else could it be?)

I SERIOUSLY hope it's not another fight with arlovski tho. After sitting through that third one, which was a 25 minute snooze fest, and watching Arlovski's overly cautious style since then, I'd hope the UFC is smart enough not to make that mistake again.

To tell the truth, given he probably won't be leaving the UFC or get a title shot, the announcement probably isn't as important as he's making it out to be. Hope I'm wrong tho
ncordless
3/27/08 12:54:16AM
Hmmm... maybe he's leaving MFS and starting his own gym?
gartface
3/27/08 1:00:36AM

Posted by ncordless

Hmmm... maybe he's leaving MFS and starting his own gym?

That would be huge news IMHO.
candynuts
3/27/08 1:04:22AM
Finish his contract, signs with a company and fights someone huge like Cro Cop or even Fedor.

..... Now that is a HUGE announcement.
cmill21
3/27/08 1:07:06AM

Posted by candynuts

Finish his contract, signs with a company and fights someone huge like Cro Cop or even Fedor.

..... Now that is a HUGE announcement.

Lol you do think big.
Gladiator
3/27/08 1:22:40AM
He's going to say that his contract runs out in august and he just signed on for a tag team match for HDnet featuring himself and randy couture vs cro cop and fedor in a ring-shaped cage.
Ordep
3/27/08 1:27:30AM
The first thing that came to mind when he said HUGE its that he'll be fighting Fedor next but that's not it.
ChokeUout
3/27/08 1:35:00AM

Posted by Ordep

The first thing that came to mind when he said HUGE its that he'll be fighting Fedor next but that's not it.

you have NO IDEA how close I was to saying that. That's about the biggest thing I could think of. And if the UFC REALLY wanted to piss Couture off, they'd sign Fedor and have tim fight him. However, I couldn't see THis happening. Fedor probably wouldn't sign unless he could fight for the championship right away.

WHo knows, wierder things have happened.

Now watch, He'll announce something like "I've decided to stop Deer hunting and Fishing" or something like that
cloppio
3/27/08 1:36:59AM

To tell the truth, given he probably won't be leaving the UFC or get a title shot, the announcement probably isn't as important as he's making it out to be. Hope I'm wrong tho

yeah i agree. why would he say he's leaving if he still has one fight left. that would be a dumb move. why would the ufc do anything for you career if you are on the way out......anyway stay or leave i could care less about big boring tim.
ufcboss
3/27/08 1:40:56AM
I hope Tim is not leaving, He is one of the best HW's around, Plus he is one of my favourite fighters.

He did say a couple announcement's didnt he?

Imagine that he says, 1) He is staying with UFC and his next fight is huge, And then 2) Fedor just signed and he is my next opponent.

Unlikely? Yes, But I would love to see that.

I dont wanna bring it up, But Randy (Even if he would) must get through Nog. Before he thinks about Fedor in the UFC.

About Tim/Fedor, A man can wish hey!
ChokeUout
3/27/08 3:40:51AM
WAIT! WAIT! I GOT IT! I light bulb went on, and I figured it out what would make sylvia so giddy....

He's getting his rematch with Mir that he's always wanted.

Also, he said he has a "couple" of announcements. So yeah, he's getting a new contract, and he's getting a fight with Mir.

that makes the most sense out of anything I can think of
jakeiceman
3/27/08 3:55:12AM

Posted by ChokeUout

WAIT! WAIT! I GOT IT! I light bulb went on, and I figured it out what would make sylvia so giddy....

Also, he said he has a "couple" of announcements. So yeah, he's getting a new contract, and he's getting a fight with Mir.

Actually man that sounds on point. Mir is on his way back up and Sylvia has been knocked down just a notch....so that makes a ton of sense......I'm bettin you are right.
telnights
3/27/08 4:07:28AM
Well I will guess at a few things it could be.

He may have signed with another org.
He may have signed a new contract with the UFC.
He may have signed a new contract with the UFC and is set to fight a big name.
Maybe Fedor, Mir, or Randy would be my guess. I really think Big Tim stands the best chance of all the HWs of beating Fedor. It would be a smart move by the UFC win or loss its good for the UFC. Plus fighting Mir would be good as well for him give him a chance to get the loss off his record. I think a healthy Tim can beat Randy but I also think Nog can beat Randy as well.
The_hungry_lumberjack
3/27/08 4:09:52AM
I hope one of these announcements is "I've finally decided not to throw jabs for 5 rounds"
Vietnamese_Guy
3/27/08 5:43:24AM
everytime someone says they have a big announcement to make, i think they're fighting fedor
hails
3/27/08 6:45:47AM
I put big money on it that he is announcing that he is extending his contract with the UFC!!!

There is no way he will say he is leaving the UFC as we know what happened with AA when he wouldnt resign!!!

He can not drop down to LHW, he is a huge man.

He might be fighting a big, big name inside the cage!!!

Remember the UFC's huge announcement, that Coleman was fighting.

Are there any other big names that could come back to the UFC to fight in HW???

Could the UFC be letting him go and fight in Elite XC? This would give Fedor the message that the UFC will now do cross promotions!!!

He will fight KIMBO!!!!

Thats it !!!!! I picked!!!

mrsmiley
3/27/08 7:13:02AM

Posted by cloppio

yeah i agree. why would he say he's leaving if he still has one fight left. that would be a dumb move. why would the ufc do anything for you career if you are on the way out......anyway stay or leave i could care less about big boring tim.

I agree with you guys.It's probably not as huge as Tim is making it out to be,but you never know.
snakeplissken
3/27/08 7:17:56AM
Maybe he's going to announce that he has to come to an agreement and that he will receiving a personality before his next fight....
Porch28
3/27/08 9:13:06AM
He's coming out of the closet
NatedawgThaM
3/27/08 9:14:01AM
IMO Tim will announce a new UFC 2-3 year deal with 4-5 fights with his next fight being against Chieck Kongo at 86 or 87 on his way back up to the HW title. I don’t think it will be that big. The only thing that will make it big is if he says he’s signing with WVR or DREAM and his next fight is against Fedor or Cro Cop.

Opening a gym isn’t that big IMO since MFS is kinda of falling apart and he ain’t that great of a trainer so if he don’t bring Jeremy Horn along I don’t see that happening. He could join Hughes though maybe.
landstander
3/27/08 9:14:47AM
he's launching his music career?

Seriously though, mabe a cross promotion deal has been reached and he will fight Fedor. Probably not but UFC has sent fighters to other orgs before. UFC has not that much to lose because tim is not their champ now and if he beats fedor he'll just resign with the UFC for more money but less than it would cost them to sign fedor.

What I hope it is is a fight between him and SEMMY SCHILT. I have been waiting forever for these two to fight I thought i read semmy signed with the ufc. Lets see 6'8" tim try to out jab 6'10" semmy.
Porch28
3/27/08 9:14:57AM
I bet he's dropping to Lightweight so then he can just stomp on all the wee ones and there's no danger of getting submitted other then a toe hook or a finger bar
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/27/08 9:52:44AM

Posted by SmileR

On Friday, around 12:00, I’ve got a couple of big announcements to make about my career. So all of my loyal fans will want to stay tuned to my website because this is huge.”

– Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia — who has one fight remaining on his current contract with the promotion — reveals via his official Web site that “huge” news about his career is forthcoming. Setting a date and time seems a bit strange … wonder what it could be?

Link

Heres the link to his website

All his loyal fans? J/j
Aaronno9
3/27/08 10:07:30AM

Posted by ChokeUout

Thats exactly what i thought to. I thought he might be fighting heath herring at first but i dont see why that would excited him anymore than any other fight.
emfleek
3/27/08 10:15:13AM
Pages: [1] 2