UFC Quick Quote: Rich Franklin wants to train with Wanderlei Silva after their date in Deutschland

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Rich Franklin wants to train with Wanderlei Silva after their date in Deutschland
SmileR
4/11/09 11:29:51AM
He had invited me to train at his gym in Las Vegas before this fight had been scheduled. I have enormous respect for Wanderlei Silva … I’m always in Vegas and intend to train at his academy after this fight. We’re great fighters but UFC wanted to make this fight …. [Silva] is very strong, fast and has knockout power in his hands. Everything I know it’s going to be a big fight. He has victories over Rampage in PRIDE and Jardine in UFC. He’s still hazardous as he was in PRIDE and is still exciting in action. I’m training my clinch, training hard to avoid his Muay Thai clinch. I’m training wrestling and jiu jitsu as well and the rest of the aspects I have trained as I usually do to face other fighters.”

– Get the snorkels ready! Former middleweight champion Rich Franklin reveals (via Fighters Only Magazine) his intentions to train alongside Wanderlei Silva after the pair collide in a 195-pound catchweight bout during the UFC 99: “The Comeback” main event from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, on June 13. Both fighters are in must win situations. Who ya got?

Link
ThePlague
4/11/09 12:26:00PM
Rich is up there with Randy as one of the classiest guys in MMA. I'm not sure if I'll be picking him to win though.
LakieMan
4/11/09 12:28:23PM

Posted by ThePlague

Rich is up there with Randy as one of the classiest guys in MMA. I'm not sure if I'll be picking him to win though.

My thought exactly.
StriderXero
4/11/09 1:00:51PM
With Rich training at Wand's gym, I think Wand's gym will explode from awesomeness
WheelchairBandit
4/11/09 7:31:01PM
Both Rich and Wand are pretty classy guys.They were both buddies before the fight and they'll be buddies after the fight.They just won't be buddies for 15 minutes on June 13.

WB.
xAcidburNx
4/11/09 7:46:13PM
love both these guys and its one of those fights that you both wanna see and dont wanna see really bad. in this one i dont think that wand will be able to figure out riches game and rich will take a late tko.
fizzle
4/12/09 1:55:33AM
I thoguht the Rock Paper Sissors fight was brutal enough, hate to see these guys actually throw down...
Jackelope
4/12/09 2:56:39AM
I'm gonna take Franklin in this one. Should be an awesome standup war, though
mentalcase
4/12/09 3:37:27AM
diaz is a classy guy too, he helped shamrock up after the fight alot of people talk **** about him cause he not afraid to tell it like it is
PABLOMAFIOSO
4/12/09 9:09:22PM

Posted by fizzle

I thoguht the Rock Paper Sissors fight was brutal enough, hate to see these guys actually throw down...

Yeah man, I don't want to see either man lose this!