UFC Quick Quote: ‘I can’t retire (Chuck), but he gave me his word’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: ‘I can’t retire (Chuck), but he gave me his word’
SmileR
6/29/09 10:23:50PM
“I can’t retire him, but he gave me his word that he was going to retire so … To be honest with you, he and I have talked, and he has said, yes, he will retire … So we’ll see what happens. He and I are getting together next week … We’re going to get together and talk about a lot of things. He’s coming into town, and we’ve got a lot to talk about.”

Link
prozacnation1978
6/30/09 8:58:24AM
let him retire on his own,
right now ur in a jam for a main lner for ufc 103
let him fight one last time against rich franklin
telnights
6/30/09 1:12:42PM
People are giving Dana a hard time about it but fact is he is worried about his friend and for good reason. He doesn't want to see him go down the road of Ken Shamrock and some others. Chuck is a huge cash cow for the UFC so it says a lot about how much Dana cares about Chuck.
cowcatcher
6/30/09 1:15:56PM

Posted by telnights

People are giving Dana **** about it but fact is he is worried about his friend and for good reason. He doesn't want to see him go down the road of Ken Shamrock and some others. Chuck is a huge cash cow for the UFC so it says a lot about how much Dana cares about Chuck.

for as bad of a guy that dana is made out to be sometimes, this shows that he does have a sense of humanity. its nice to see that from him because usually he just gives fodder to the dana haters when he talks. that being said, chuck should be the one making any final decisions involving his career, just like any fighter should unless, of course, theres a major health issue involved.