UFC Quick Quote: UFC President Dana White tirade continues

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » UFC Quick Quote: UFC President Dana White tirade continues
juanez13
3/9/08 5:12:14PM

“We’ll see who’s around in five years, me or Gary Shaw. There’s some ego for you. The reality is I know what the (expletive) I’m doing and Gary Shaw doesn’t. If you go and search Gary Shaw and mixed martial arts (on the Internet), this guy was saying five years ago that mixed martial arts was a joke. (He said) it’s not a real sport, these guys are barroom brawlers. Now that fat, bloated (expletive) is running around acting like he loves mixed martial arts…. “Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, this is what we do. It’s all we do. It’s all we (expletive) care about. You can’t say that about these other organizations. These guys aren’t promoters. They see an opportunity and they’re trying to get their little slice of the big piece of cheese.”

Yesterday it was the Orange County Register. Today its the the Boston Herald. UFC President Dana White this time takes specific aim at EliteXC Live Events President, Gary Shaw, as well as clarifies his stance on HDNet Fights’ Mark Cuban. Enjoy you (expletive) maniacs! ...

LINK
juanez13
3/9/08 5:13:57PM
i agree, a bunch a billionares are jumping into the sport to try and get their piece, but none are as committed as the Guys in the UFC. Mark Cuban isnt so hot now that he lost fedor (at least those are the rumors).......this guys think they are just gonna get a big name fighter and steal the show, but thats certantly not the case, they have to be willing to spend alot of $$, and once they start loosing some, they all seem to back out.
SmileR
3/9/08 6:45:50PM

Posted by juanez13

i agree, a bunch a billionares are jumping into the sport to try and get their piece, but none are as committed as the Guys in the UFC. Mark Cuban isnt so hot now that he lost fedor (at least those are the rumors).......this guys think they are just gonna get a big name fighter and steal the show, but thats certantly not the case, they have to be willing to spend alot of $$, and once they start loosing some, they all seem to back out.

Haha once again i agree completly with you!

I think Cuban is pretty much done with the sport now.
I Think he thought he could come in sign the worlds best an let the rest of the fighters come to him to prove they can beat Fedor.

I can't see him starting up a small org and nurturing talent for years until hopefully the fighters he has are world class.

CantAndleDaRiddum
3/9/08 6:49:54PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by juanez13

I Think he thought he could come in sign the worlds best an let the rest of the fighters come to him to prove they can beat Fedor.

I can't see him starting up a small org and nurturing talent for years until hopefully the fighters he has are world class.

w/ both these guys
Rush
3/9/08 7:03:26PM
I have no idea what will happen, but what all orgs have to realize is that you cannot build an organization on a single fighter. Also, every organization should not be concerned with the location of a certain fighter. i.e. if a champion does from org X does not want to fight in org Y, then leave it at that. This pursuit of the holy grail (Fedor) has the UFC (and possibly other orgs') HW divisions in shambles.

There will never be a single MMA organization IMO. It will be a lot like boxing with more than one org. and multiple titles, especially when the pool of talent gets more rich and dominant fighters are fewer and farther between. Things always get messed up when a big organization is dissolved and the talent pool spreads out.
stock
3/10/08 9:39:58AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by SmileR

Posted by juanez13

w/ both these guys