UFC Quick Quote: Patrick Cote will ‘take care of’ Anderson Silva on October 25

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Patrick Cote will ‘take care of’ Anderson Silva on October 25
SmileR
8/17/08 5:22:00PM
“We know how to beat Anderson Silva. The only way to beat him is to push the pace. Go forward all the time…. You can’t let him get confident and comfortable in the centre of the Octagon. You have to push the pace for five minutes every round. If I do that, I can catch him. I’ll take care of him.”

– Confident Cote strikes again — this time in the Edmonton Sun via Fight Network radio. The Canadian has been talking quite a good game leading up to his fight against 185-pound demon Anderson Silva at UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Ill., on October 25. However, the “Spider” has demolished virtually ever fighter who has adopted the “in your face” strategy inside the Octagon. See James Irvin, Rich Franklin (twice), Nate Marquardt and Chris Leben.

Link
Ordep
8/17/08 5:25:57PM
just changed my pick from A. Silva TKO 2nd to A. Silva KO 1st.
nickcuc547
8/17/08 5:28:23PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

did he watch what happened to james irvin when he tried to push the pace, this guy is making me laugh harder than i have in a while.
Porch28
8/17/08 5:56:18PM

Posted by SmileR

“We know how to beat Anderson Silva. The only way to beat him is to push the pace. Go forward all the time…. You can’t let him get confident and comfortable in the centre of the Octagon. You have to push the pace for five minutes every round. If I do that, I can catch him. I’ll take care of him.”

Porch28
8/17/08 5:57:51PM
I think I want to be Canadian they are all so positive
The_Italian_Stallion
8/17/08 6:19:43PM
I really hope so... I really, really hope he can do it...

But no, poor guy is just going to be one more on the list unfortunately.
keith-hackney1
8/17/08 6:30:50PM
I like cote, but he will get done in the first round. Sorry guys, no need to debate this one. Anderson silva is top of the tree's, cote is still planting seeds right down at the bottom, total mis-match fight. How the hell has cote landed a title shot .. ????
nastshabast
8/17/08 6:31:34PM
he forgot to say just kidding after.
Solidus
8/17/08 6:38:04PM
Silva by TKO exactly 1 minute into the 1st
Meg
8/17/08 7:16:24PM
Godspeed, Patrick Cote. Godspeed.
rabbit915
8/17/08 7:20:56PM
Unless his plan is a flying scissors heel hook, i think hes in for a rude awakening.
Mchubb316
8/17/08 7:22:18PM
Cote= next segmant to Anderson's highlight video.
Darnok
8/17/08 7:29:42PM
I don't see why every body is laughing at him for being confident. What is he supposed to say "I know I will lose I am only here for the money."

Just think he has absolutely nothing to lose.

That said I think Silva will win, but I am glad Cote is confident and coming into this fight with a plan.
masodd
8/17/08 7:58:55PM

Posted by Darnok

I don't see why every body is laughing at him for being confident. What is he supposed to say "I know I will lose I am only here for the money."

That said I think Silva will win, but I am glad Cote is confident and coming into this fight with a plan.

Don't ya think he's a little over confident, i mean he beat almeida, mcfedries, grove, and smith. He don't even deserve a shot. All the guys that have talked big before fighting anderson have all been demolished (leben and irvin, soon to be cote) U don't talk smack about the number 1 p4p fighter in the world and now he's gonna get embarassed because of his big mouth. And he does have this opportunity to lose becaus ehe probably won't get another title shot in the ufc if he loses. And everbody has a plan when they fight dude
MikeyG
8/17/08 8:09:15PM
Leben and Irvin said the same thing....does overconfidence against Anderson get you a worse asswhoopin? The answer is yes.
Porch28
8/17/08 8:10:48PM
Not to mention it just really fires Mr.Silva up when they trash talk, give the champ his respect.I think more people are being realistic when they say Silva is going to knock him out and unrealistic when they say Cote has a chance. Silva has shown no weakness
MikeyG
8/17/08 8:15:34PM
Hey, I think this makes it for a more exciting fight, Cote's chin is among the best this is going to be a KO finish, 80/20 for Anderson.
gabe531
8/17/08 9:31:29PM

Posted by Darnok

can you be confident without running your mouth to the papers?? i dont think he will get in the cage and flip off silva before there fight which imo is what hes basically doing. being disrespectful. why not praise silva and just say im goin to bring my A game and we will see. you dont have to tell the press exactly what you think. but he cant honestly think he can do what he says can he? 5 rounds of him pushing the pace. look at his fight vs almeida he was quite winded and thats nowhere near the speed silva has

NITE NITE PATRICK NITE NITE
Porch28
8/17/08 10:09:44PM

Posted by gabe531

can you be confident without running your mouth to the papers?? i dont think he will get in the cage and flip off silva before there fight which imo is what hes basically doing. being disrespectful. why not praise silva and just say im goin to bring my A game and we will see. you dont have to tell the press exactly what you think. but he cant honestly think he can do what he says can he? 5 rounds of him pushing the pace. look at his fight vs almeida he was quite winded and thats nowhere near the speed silva has

Sir_Karl
8/17/08 11:42:48PM
Cote needs to KO the Spider.
Man will I be happy.
jakeiceman
8/18/08 12:53:06AM
Wouldnt it be crazy if Cote opened up a can of whoopass on Silva.....crazy shit happens but not that crazy.....I can dream though right?
siphu
8/18/08 6:40:29AM
Why so many people wanna see Silva lose? He is one of the most exciting fighters in mma history and he is humble too. Come on, how can u not love this guy? Seriously, is it because he is not american or is it because he is black?
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/18/08 8:36:35AM

Posted by siphu

Why so many people wanna see Silva lose? He is one of the most exciting fighters in mma history and he is humble too. Come on, how can u not love this guy? Seriously, is it because he is not american or is it because he is black?

actually, only the last 2 posts want to see Silva lose... read both pages if our gonna say something about it. Anyways, of course my brain and logic and anything that is sane in this world all point to the spider...still i'll be pulling for cote.
Darnok
8/18/08 11:15:22AM

Posted by gabe531

Posted by Darnok

So I take it you would rather see him pull a Lutter and not even train. And just show up planning on losing. Nothing he said is any different than anything else anybody else has said before being ko'ed. So why give him such a hard time.

I hate to say it but you guys are starting to sound like you are fighter bashing.
TWITA
8/18/08 7:58:02PM
By "TAKE CARE OF HIM" does he mean - I'll buy his dinner after he pounds my face in?
FrankTheTank1181
8/18/08 8:02:36PM
I don't think Cote has any idea what is aboooot to happen to him in this fight.