UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping would prefer to fight Dan Henderson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping would prefer to fight Dan Henderson
SmileR
1/12/09 7:35:45AM
“For me personally I’d prefer Dan Henderson to win. Number one because it would be great to fight such a true legend. And number two, simply because Franklin is a southpaw, and southpaws are a bit of a pain in the backside. Chris Leben, my last opponent, was a southpaw and it changes everything — you have to change your footwork, it mixes everything up. When you’re not used to the fighter it makes it quite difficult. It didn’t really bother me last time for the fight, it was the training that was a pain in the arse. It adds an a extra hassle, an extra different dimension you have to take care of.”

Link
Jackelope
1/12/09 8:33:22AM
I agree. I hate training against southpaws and having to change the game. It's totally different. I wish I had been born left handed- its a HUGE advantage in that regard. Wrestling changes, striking changes, footwork changes, counters change, etc. etc. Bleh.

ohiostate1016
1/12/09 9:36:45AM
Not only that, but I think that Bisping realizes that a fight between him and Hendo does more for the UFC at this point. It's better for Rich to NOT come down to the MW division, because he's already proven that he can't beat Silva. On the other hand, Hendo looked decent against Silva, and a Bisping-Hendo fight for a shot at Anderson would definitely make more sense at this point.

Is anybody else thinking about the possibility that Hendo could be named the coach even if he loses to Rich?
grappler0000
1/12/09 9:49:03AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Is anybody else thinking about the possibility that Hendo could be named the coach even if he loses to Rich?

No...they wouldn't have both of them filming the show right now if it was already decided. The only way I see that happening is if Rich were to suffer a long-term injury.
ohiostate1016
1/12/09 9:59:29AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ohiostate1016

No...they wouldn't have both of them filming the show right now if it was already decided. The only way I see that happening is if Rich were to suffer a long-term injury.

They're both filming the show right now? That's news to me...

I thought it hadn't even started yet.
sparky
1/12/09 10:00:08AM
Bisping in my opinion is on the rise but I personally dont think he could beat either one of these two guys. But I do agree that Rich Franklin would be a harder fight for him for more reasons then just Franklin being a southpaw. I feel like Rich will have much better foot work and more technical strikes then Bisping would see against Henderson not to mention he would have to worry about jui jitsu also in fighting Rich Franklin which he doesnt if he fights Henderson. I just feel like Rich Franklin has more ways to win the fight then Henderson does. I still believe Henderson could beat Bisping I just feel like Franklin is a more dangerous opponent to Bisping.
bojangalz
1/12/09 10:38:16AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ohiostate1016

Technically the first episode will be filmed in Dublin prior to the fight this weekend. Both Hendo and Ace will be in the episode. They are simply using the episode as a way to determine who the US coach is going to be. So filming hasn't started yet, but both fighters have agreed to appear on the first episode.
kasual
1/12/09 11:00:23AM
Hahaha! This is laughable because Dan would rock Bisping, but Rich would as well, just not as badly. I hope all this 'Face of UK MMA' stuff they are feeding Bisping isn't going to his head, because he's never been in the cage with anyone even in Hendo's league. The plus side is, he fights Hendo and gets rocked and he we don't have to see one of Anderson's few remaining fights wasted on teaching Bisping a lesson. Come to think of, I can't think of anyone impressive that Bisping has beaten. I guess he has a split decision win over Matt Hamill... Seriously though a split over Hamill, Dan has everything that guy brings to the table except much much better. I'm looking forward to anyone of these tilts very much.
SmileR
1/12/09 1:06:41PM

Posted by kasual

Hahaha! This is laughable because Dan would rock Bisping, but Rich would as well, just not as badly. I hope all this 'Face of UK MMA' stuff they are feeding Bisping isn't going to his head, because he's never been in the cage with anyone even in Hendo's league. The plus side is, he fights Hendo and gets rocked and he we don't have to see one of Anderson's few remaining fights wasted on teaching Bisping a lesson. Come to think of, I can't think of anyone impressive that Bisping has beaten. I guess he has a split decision win over Matt Hamill... Seriously though a split over Hamill, Dan has everything that guy brings to the table except much much better. I'm looking forward to anyone of these tilts very much.

Bisping has looked mean since dropping down to MW man I think either fight would be entertaining.
He has been in with some good people though, Hamill I would have said he lost but the Evans fight I'd have said he won so it balances out. Plus he hung and some would argue beat the current LHW champ so I'm expecting big things from him now he's at MW.
MMAcca
1/12/09 1:13:20PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ohiostate1016

Technically the first episode will be filmed in Dublin prior to the fight this weekend. Both Hendo and Ace will be in the episode. They are simply using the episode as a way to determine who the US coach is going to be. So filming hasn't started yet, but both fighters have agreed to appear on the first episode.

EDIT
Twenty20Dollars
1/12/09 1:58:37PM
Hendo or Franklin, as long as bisping gets beat. I would rather see Franklin/bisping fight because I know they will have a stand up fight.
Red-Dragon
1/12/09 5:12:51PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by kasual

Bisping has looked mean since dropping down to MW man I think either fight would be entertaining.
He has been in with some good people though, Hamill I would have said he lost but the Evans fight I'd have said he won so it balances out. Plus he hung and some would argue beat the current LHW champ so I'm expecting big things from him now he's at MW.

Spot on. Props.
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:23:52PM
Franklin or Hendo would beat Bisping (imo)