UFC Quick Quote: Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva on the Birmingham battle

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva on the Birmingham battle
SmileR
7/18/08 1:17:28PM
“I know that this fight will show who is going to lose. The event will sell it this way, two unbeaten guys. I wanna do a great fight, a great show.”

– Lyoto Machida via Tatame.com

“It’ll be a good fight, we’re determined fighters. I trained a lot and I’ll do my job. I believe it’ll be a fight with more strategy. Lyoto likes to escape, fight moving backwards, it’s his style, but it’ll do my job…. I can’t say that I like (facing Brazilian fighters), but I want the belt, and wanna prove my talent and win. I want the belt. I already can fight for the belt. I’ve already showed UFC what I can and what I can’t do. I’m here to fight for the belt.”

– Thiago Silva via Tatame.com

Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva comment for the first time on their huge 205-pound showdown at UFC 89: “Bisping vs. Leben” at The National Indoor Arena (NIA) in Birmingham, England, on October 18. The winner of the bout will likely earn a title shot in early 2009.

Link
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/18/08 1:36:20PM
its gonna be a ginormous fight
jakkster
7/18/08 2:02:17PM
I heard that the winner of this gets the winner of Liddell and Evans???????
Ordep
7/18/08 2:09:21PM

Posted by jakkster

I heard that the winner of this gets the winner of Liddell and Evans???????

Liddell-Evans is a set up to have Liddell vs. Griffin for the NYE
Red-Dragon
7/18/08 2:19:06PM
How can they make Machida have another non title fight if he beats Thiago??

They know that as soon as he gets a shot he will take the belt, keep it and they will have another Anderson Silva type situation in the LHW division.
The-Don
7/18/08 3:15:08PM
this easily has the makings of a fight on the Faber-Pulver level or CroCop-Fedor... The winner should easily have the next title shot.. And i think this will be a real tough call on who will win... I personally will be going for Lyoto but Will be happy with either... though if Lyoto wins he I think will be really hard to beat
thesteven5918
7/18/08 4:19:21PM
As long as Machida doesnt run away backing up the whole fight to get a uncalled for decision... i see Thiago winning by KO 1st round... just has to come in hard and fast and give Machida no time to back up and run away...
NatedawgThaM
7/18/08 4:39:59PM
I CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT FOR THIS CARD!!!

This might go down as one of the baddest UFC cards ever!!! Excellent match up's which will equal fight of the year I believe coming out of this card!!!

I love this fight too, WAR THIAGO!!!
fubar19
7/18/08 5:25:28PM
is diego vs alves still on this card?
jakkster
7/18/08 5:54:13PM

Posted by fubar19

according to the betting area it still is... but I doubt it

but can you imagine how epic this fight card would be if they officially added the Alves and Sanchez fight??
Red-Dragon
7/18/08 5:58:12PM

Posted by thesteven5918

As long as Machida doesnt run away backing up the whole fight to get a uncalled for decision... i see Thiago winning by KO 1st round... just has to come in hard and fast and give Machida no time to back up and run away...

Will people just let the f uck go of this Machida running away shit please?

Starnes ran away. Machida avoids damage.

Being able to avoid getting hit is a talent. Should he just stand there with his face hanging out ready to be hit to please people like you?

I hope he wins and then wins the belt and holds it for ages so that idiots like yourself who think he is "boring" get bored for many more fights to come.
scpd400
7/18/08 6:13:50PM
How about Machida and Silva fight.
Red-Dragon
7/18/08 7:09:29PM

Posted by scpd400

lordicast
7/18/08 8:10:58PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by scpd400

my thoughts exactly i think he meant WANDY

On a side note i want to See WAND VS THIAGO
Ordep
7/19/08 10:50:20AM

Posted by fubar19

I heard Thiago-Machida was a replacement. Hopefully they put Sanchez-Alvez for 88 cuz that card really need an interesting fight.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/5/08 11:48:20PM
WAR Lyoto. I am tired of hearing about Lyoto running away. Ask Rich Franklin if Lyoto ran. I doubt he will say that he did. Lyoto has mastered avoiding punishment while imposing will on other fighters. He has not lost a round to my knowledge. Tito was pretty jacked up for fighting a guy that supposedly ran away. And I'm sure that kick to the face still haunts Ace to this day. Lyoto has paid his dues and I believe that Forrest will lose the title the exact same way he won it. Unanimous decision to Machida. Everyone bitches about Lyoto's fights going to decision and being boring, I haven't heard one complaint about the 25 minute fight between Griffin and Jackson. Lyoto can knock people out he's just not a sloppy fighter looking for the knock out. Believe me if the opportunity is there, Lyoto will floor Thiago. He's just not gonna rush it and risk defeat to please a bunch of people who want to see a more "exciting" fight. What Lyoto does is amazing to me and is very exciting.