UFC Quick Quote: 'Let's be honest, Joe Stevenson hasn't really evolved much in three years'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: 'Let's be honest, Joe Stevenson hasn't really evolved much in three years'
Budgellism
6/22/11 4:45:38PM
Them fightin' words. Less than a week before his UFC on Versus 4 bout against Joe Stevenson, WEC import Javier Vazquez sizes up "Daddy" on Sherdog's Beatdown Radio show.

LINK
FlashyG
6/22/11 4:54:10PM
Pot, meet kettle
bjj1605
6/22/11 5:07:53PM

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

Hey!!! You stole that from my comment on the Pettis/Cowboy thread.

''
Theoutlaw08
6/22/11 5:09:40PM
Joe Stevenson hasn't evolved cause his nickname is Daddy
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/11 5:15:42PM
I hope Javy wins and sends Joe packing.
FlashyG
6/22/11 5:19:13PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

''

apparently I did, although I think someone probably said it before both of us.

Accept this prop as my apology.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/22/11 5:39:28PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

''

As the official arbiter of these proceedings I find you guilty of plagiarism, FlashyG. Your penalty....a lifetime of watching Jersey Shore.
Playground_Samurai
6/22/11 7:36:01PM
I used to say the same thing all the time about Joe in our camp discussions. I never thought he ever deserved a title shot and always thought he was a bit over rated. I thought he had reached his plateau at a fairly young age. Then he joined the Jackson camp and came out and surprised me by finishing Spencer Fisher. I thought to myself, "wow, maybe he has turned a corner here". But then the next three fights came along and he looked like the same old Joe Stevenson. Can't say I disagree with Javier here, although the pot calling the kettle black statement is definately true also. All that being said, i'm still picking Joe in this one.
prozacnation1978
6/22/11 7:38:36PM
That would be true
Dtime_NBT
6/22/11 9:42:56PM
Let's be honest, he is right.
Chael_Sonnen
6/22/11 9:57:20PM
I'm telling ya, Joe needs to dye his hair blonde and he'll be back to his old winning ways
BigBadAl
6/23/11 4:32:16AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

''

Hey!!! You stole the word prop from me. I said that once.

scoozna
6/23/11 11:19:19AM
This quote caught my eye, as I've felt the same way for some time. He didn't seem to be trash talking, just calling it like he sees it. I always thought Joe Daddy suffered from not having, or not sticking to, a good game plan.

I still think he's solid enough to win this one though...
Khaos
6/23/11 12:38:34PM
As a Stevenson fan, I have to agree with Javier here. It's been the same fight, give or take, his entire UFC career. I'm hoping Javier gets the win, this one I am excited to see, I'm glad this card will be my first live UFC event.
FlashyG
6/23/11 12:55:29PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

''

As the official arbiter of these proceedings I find you guilty of plagiarism, FlashyG. Your penalty....a lifetime of watching Jersey Shore.

I'd like to appeal to you good sir, on the grounds that his post contained three periods while mine contained a comma.

Clearly this falls under fair use.
Bubbles
6/23/11 2:37:08PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

''

Jersey Shore is pretty entertaining. Glee on the other hand.....
Bubbles
6/23/11 2:41:52PM
i really hope Joe wins this fight. i like watching his fights, win or lose...but obviously wins are better lol.

WAR DADDY!!!
40ouncetpkid
6/23/11 3:10:38PM
Just not really much he can do. He's decent in everything but not great at anything besides the Guillotine. Greg Jackson gameplans helped him against Fisher & Diaz but that only gets you so far if all you are is average.

He's fun to watch though, I hope he runs right through Vasquez and can stay in the UFC. Almost always in a good fight.
bjj1605
6/23/11 10:02:44PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Pot, meet kettle

''

I accept these props as penance for your offense.

Let us put this matter behind us, lest it become a feud that shall haunt future generations.

Edit: I think people are exaggerating the amount to which Joe has been stagnate. I might agree that he "hasn't evolved MUCH" but that doesn't mean he hasn't evolved at all. His striking has improved a lot. Its still not good... but at least he has SOME stand up. His ground game is still just top position or guillotine, only two things to watch out for.