UFC Quick Quote: The Korean Zombie is ready for Jose Aldo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Quick Quote: The Korean Zombie is ready for Jose Aldo
Budgellism
12/21/11 1:36:51PM
"I doubt that they'll make that match up right now, but if they do I think I'd be ready for it. I'm guessing that the matchmakers will give me at least one fight and if I win that then maybe I'll be in line for a title shot, but that's up to the UFC to decide. But, whenever I get the shot, I'll be ready. I think I've improved my game overall and I keep trying to improve as an all around fighter ... I definitely want to get back to train with Team Alpha Male again, but at this point I don't know when that will be. The training at Korean Top Team is top notch, so I know I'm getting great training here, but yes, when the time and situation permit I would like to go back and train some more with Urijah and the guys."

- Korean Zombie

LINK
Budgellism
12/21/11 2:02:30PM
I'm ready for this fight, I'll tell you that. Fireworks written all over it.
pmoney
12/21/11 2:11:41PM
I really hope the Korean Zombie gets his title shot! He's won two in a row in amazing fashion, including knocking out a previous #1 contender in seven seconds. I have a feeling he gets one more fight before a title shot. If he was Urijah Faber, instead of someone who occassionally trains with him, that title shot would be booked by now.
Chael_Sonnen
12/21/11 2:57:57PM
Zombie is waaaay too slow for Jozay....he would get chopped down....TIMBER!
KungFuMaster
12/21/11 3:15:35PM

Posted by pmoney

I really hope the Korean Zombie gets his title shot! He's won two in a row in amazing fashion, including knocking out a previous #1 contender in seven seconds. I have a feeling he gets one more fight before a title shot. If he was Urijah Faber, instead of someone who occassionally trains with him, that title shot would be booked by now.

I agree. If Zombie was Faber himself, he would definitely be in line for a title shot already.

I seriously doubt Zombie will win against Aldo but I like him to get his opportunity.

Correct me if I am wrong but Zombie strikes me as a man with no fear. Unlike other Asian fighters from the East, Zombie has no fear of the stand up. I am not saying Asian fighters have fears. What I am saying is many Asian fighters fear the stand or at least - are too passive in that department. Zombie, IMO, has mediocre stand up but it is his will and fearless spirit which have caused problems for some of his opponents.

We all knew - going into the Hominick fight...that Hominick was the better striker and that Zombie was likely to be knocked out one way or another...well, at least I knew that....

But anyway, I like the Zombie. He is fearless, wild, and above all, entertaining. He is a real treat to watch and I agree he has improved tremendously. I just hope he does not succumb to the same plagues e.g. lack of cardio and gameplan, both of which have crippled many fighters from the East.
Pookie
12/21/11 3:43:04PM
Almost everyone forgets that Jung has a massive reach for the division. I don't think it will work against Aldo, but i'm surprised so many people think Jung isn't an excellent striker in his own right.
KungFuMaster
12/21/11 3:54:50PM

Posted by Pookie

Almost everyone forgets that Jung has a massive reach for the division. I don't think it will work against Aldo, but i'm surprised so many people think Jung isn't an excellent striker in his own right.

I don't hold Jung as an excellent striker but I do know what you are saying. He holds his ground pretty well.
40ouncetpkid
12/21/11 6:53:37PM

Posted by Pookie

Idk im on the fence with k zombie. Its hard to forget what roop did to him even though it was a suprise head kick. The twister was sick but that was leonard garcia and the quick hommick ko doesnt help since it was so damn quick and shocking i guess it could happen to aldo to but very unlikely. Aldo is just awhole other level striker. I really dont see it being very competitive but wouldnt mind it because zombie would go down swinging and maybe have a moment or two but definitely the guy to beat aldo is somebody who will suffocate him with grappling like florian did and what mendes probably will do too but hope aldo beats him hes very fun to watch at the top!
BeeR
12/21/11 6:58:53PM
Matts quick quote "No he isn't"
pmoney
12/21/11 6:59:46PM

Posted by Pookie

Ditto. I think KZ is crisp. He has good technique. What he did against Hominick was no fluke. He showed great head movement to avoid Hominick's bitch ass cheap shot, and he caught him clean. Check out my profile pic, it really captures the moment well.

Chan Sung Jung against Jose Aldo would be an insane fight. The UFC could and should market it very heavily, if it came to pass.

tcunningham
12/21/11 7:10:49PM
aldo would probably dismantle the zombie early in the 1st round. hes been kinda hit and miss. aldo wont get passed mendes anyway
KungFuMaster
12/21/11 7:26:31PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Pookie

Ditto. I think KZ is crisp. He has good technique. What he did against Hominick was no fluke. He showed great head movement to avoid Hominick's bitch ass cheap shot, and he caught him clean. Check out my profile pic, it really captures the moment well.

Chan Sung Jung against Jose Aldo would be an insane fight. The UFC could and should market it very heavily, if it came to pass.

You are very observant. I always like to think there is a grace period of 2 or 3 seconds after the touching of gloves whereby the fighters cannot engage.

I thought I was the only one who saw it that way. Hominick touched glove and immediately went for a cheap shot like you said. Karma baby....karma.
Chael_Sonnen
12/21/11 7:33:25PM
Is this the same Zombie that got KTFO against George Roop?
pmoney
12/21/11 8:38:26PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

You are very observant. I always like to think there is a grace period of 2 or 3 seconds after the touching of gloves whereby the fighters cannot engage.

I thought I was the only one who saw it that way. Hominick touched glove and immediately went for a cheap shot like you said. Karma baby....karma.

Karma indeed! I thought I was the only one who noticed or thought it was foul. In my estimation, normal etiquette suggests a step back after the touching of gloves. It definitely looked like Hominick tried knocking Jung's block off immediately after the touch.
Budgellism
12/21/11 8:45:51PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Is this the same Zombie that got KTFO against George Roop?

Nope