Quick Quote: Kimbo Not Sliced By Forrest

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quick Quote: Kimbo Not Sliced By Forrest
DCRage
5/4/08 9:39:46AM
Apparently Dana White's latest rumor about Kimbo Slice is that he was KO'd by Forrest Griffin in a sparring match. Not so, says Kimbo.

Article
hodge
5/4/08 9:54:25AM
But why would Dana make up such a vicious rumor?
juanez13
5/4/08 10:24:24AM

Posted by hodge

But why would Dana make up such a vicious rumor?

actually it was Kim Couture that started the rumor, apparently she was there, after that Dana found out, now every time someone asks Dana what he thinks about Kimbo he says he Got Ko'd by a UFC LHW, there is no telling what a UFC HW would do to him. He also Uses the The fight that Kimbo lost against Gannon as an example, as seen Gannon got murdered in the UFC.
IriShame
5/4/08 11:05:17AM
I like Dana White but I can't help thinking how transparent he is in his obvious fear of the Kimbo machine. The less attention the ufc gives Kimbo the better. By constantly bashing him or having your stars (chuck) talk shit you're just lending more legitmacy to the whole Kimbo phenomenon. So listen Dana, stop worrying that Kimbo Slice is going to steal away all your fans you worked so hard to educate on the sport. It's ok, Kimbo is a flash in the pan, a novelty, mma's flavor of the month. He isn't the first and I assure you he won't be the last. So turn the other cheek, focus on your product and wait for the storm to pass, and when the next one comes, please don't feel the need to tell us all it's raining when we're just as wet as you are.
JimiMak
5/4/08 1:48:10PM
I think he bashes him for a reason. If he winds up sucking he can say I told you so. If he winds up being good, he's got hype and feuds for when he eventually offers him the big money to fight the big stars.

And Dana does more talking than Kimbo, it isn't about Dana turning the other cheek, it's just about him shutting up.

And yes, it was Kim Couture who first stated this publically.
jgtribbett
5/4/08 2:09:24PM
oh.. this is ... ok.. its interesting? who cares.. if he got knocked out by forrest.. oh well.
emfleek
5/4/08 3:16:03PM

Posted by JimiMak

I believe she said something about it when her and Randy were on Inside MMA, correct?
Sir_Karl
5/4/08 4:12:54PM
He said...she said.
Blah.
I have noticed as of late there are more fights outside of the cages (and rings) than inside of them.
Borrrrrring.
JimiMak
5/4/08 6:46:39PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by JimiMak

I believe she said something about it when her and Randy were on Inside MMA, correct?

I remember reading the interview, can't say I have a reference.
Aether
5/4/08 8:27:02PM
I don't see how that matters... If Forrest really is one of the top LHWs he should have the power to knock anyone out... The fact that he weighs like 15 pounds less than Kimbo doesn't mean that Kimbo should be completely impervious to his strikes.

I don't really see how getting knocked out by a headkick from any professional fighter can automatically classify you as a can.

Not that I think Kimbo is a great fighter, I just don't see how the comment has any relevance to how well he would do in the UFC.
colescar
5/4/08 9:28:14PM

Posted by Aether

I don't see how that matters... If Forrest really is one of the top LHWs he should have the power to knock anyone out... The fact that he weighs like 15 pounds less than Kimbo doesn't mean that Kimbo should be completely impervious to his strikes.

I don't really see how getting knocked out by a headkick from any professional fighter can automatically classify you as a can.

Not that I think Kimbo is a great fighter, I just don't see how the comment has any relevance to how well he would do in the UFC.

I totally agree. Why is being knocked out by Forrest such a bad thing? Forrest is bad ass. I am one of the people who don't believe Kimbo is hype. Sure if you put him against Fedor or Couture he would get his ass handed to him. But... I think he would destroy UFC heavyweights the likes of Vera and Herring.
kaduey
5/4/08 10:26:49PM

Posted by Aether

You think Kimbo would destroy Brandon Vera and Heath Herring?
Just became a fan of mma did we?
gsquat
5/5/08 9:48:54AM
Kimbo also says he didn't get beat by Sean Gannon...
JimiMak
5/5/08 4:16:37PM

Posted by gsquat

Kimbo also says he didn't get beat by Sean Gannon...

I've never heard that, haven't seen it in a bit but doesn't he either verbally tap or refuse to stand up? It was messed up tho, Gannon threw out the rules they discussed to fight him in an "mma way" He's much better now tho.
bbman182
5/5/08 11:36:10PM
in a real fight..weight advantage or not forrest would maul kimbo
telnights
5/6/08 1:28:35AM
What do people expect him to say. Yeah Forrest knocked me out cold or that never happened. Just like Tito said the Lee Murray thing never happened even though many people said it did. I'm going to go with the masses and say it did happen.
NinjaCyborg
5/21/08 4:19:29PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Aether

You think Kimbo would destroy Brandon Vera and Heath Herring?
Just became a fan of mma did we?

Just because someone has an opinion different from yours doesn't necessarily mean they are new to MMA.
I personally think Kimbo would stand a better chance in the UFC than most people think. I don't think he will ever be top 10 though.
rowdy1
7/2/08 11:55:27PM
i reckon he just straight out doesnt like kimbo
rowdy1
7/2/08 11:56:23PM
and he's trying to put as much hype on forest as possible
EliasG
7/3/08 12:18:10AM
I could see that happening. I haven't seen too many kicks from Kimbo and I haven't seen him have to defend many kicks.

Let's also remember that Forrest walks around at 225-230. He's a big boy and he cuts a lot of weight to fight down at 205.

That said, "I heard Forest got KO'd by Wandy."

Man Gossip. It's so...well, never mind.